Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 04:59 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I cannot read link, but if they still getting paid then this is just extended summer break for them.

Its just too bad they cant leave for somewhere warmer.
It isn't an extended summer break! They are still working, under trying conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 05:00 PM

332 posts, read 173,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
It isn't an extended summer break! They are still working, under trying conditions.
Agreed they are working and most are doing their best. Some are likely not putting the same effort but many are.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Not different than any of us, unless you have a job where you have to be there, like mine. I think if anyone can be as productive from home as they are at the workplace, then maybe they should have a choice. If not, then they cant.
Yes but it is different because they have to have the kids there.if parents as well are not comfortable then what.

Two suburban sisters came home after their college campuses closed. Within days, both their parents were in the ICU with COVID-19.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...wue-story.html

Old 04-29-2020, 06:10 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Not different than any of us, unless you have a job where you have to be there, like mine. I think if anyone can be as productive from home as they are at the workplace, then maybe they should have a choice. If not, then they cant. One of my good friends is in IT, and has been working extra hard from home in the hopes that his company will decide when this is all over that he can work from home more than his previous 1 day a week. He commutes from NJ to Brooklyn the other 4 days, but he is trying to prove to them that it is unnecessary. Again, it should be decided on a case by case basis, not state wide.
I'm still going to the office Monday to Friday. But I agree, schools should be closed and education should be remote. It's just that the employees who have their own interests as a priority aren't the best qualified to make that call. Im sure my employees would all vote for permanent work from home and that may be a great idea but I wouldn't leave the decision in their hands.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I'm still going to the office Monday to Friday.
This has nothing to do with whether kids should go to school during a pandemic. Or is the pandemic officially over according even though deaths in NJ are increasing.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
This has nothing to do with whether kids should go to school during a pandemic. Or is the pandemic officially over according even though deaths in NJ are increasing.
i dont even know what you are trying to say here.

i think that school being remote is a good thing, not just for the pandemic but for long term also.

i dont even disagree with this groups opinion, i just generally dont like to give extra weight to opinions by people with a personal conflict of interest.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
My point was your job has nothing to do with the schools. Why are they related.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-30-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 04-30-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
just because AMD said that their opinion isnt different than us unless you have a job where you have to be physically present. so i just mentioned that i am physically present at my job to inform that my own perspective is from someone in that position.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-30-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 04-30-2020, 08:12 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Quote:
His point was that he doesn't think the employees get to decide what's best for the overall institution, whether schools or business.

Teachers deciding how to run schools = CaptainNJ's employees deciding how to run his business.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:14 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:

just because AMD said that their opinion isnt different than us unless you have a job where you have to be physically present. so i just mentioned that i am physically present at my job to inform that my own perspective is from someone in that position.
Maybe I just didn’t say it well. I meant their opinion about working from home shouldn’t be any more valuable than anyone else that is able to work from home rather than potentially expose themselves to the virus. But that doesn’t really apply to people that cant work from home. Like doctors, nurses, or grocery store clerks.

but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that their fear is a little more warranted than, say, an office worker. Kids pass germs back and forth constantly. Schools, especially elementary schools, are petri dishes. I get your point on conflict of interest, but I think that has to be weighed with the very real fear that teachers may be feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: