Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 02:41 PM

164 posts, read 141,700 times

Advertisements

EXHAUSTERs UPDATES Megathread for PEUC 13-Week Benefit Extensions under the CARES Act

An Update was posted on Tuesday April 28th on the NJ DOL website regarding the 13-week PEUC Benefits Extensions - Different scenarios outlined with instructions on further action.

However, I just spoke with a higher-up on 5:30pm on 04/29/2020, and unfortunately nothing is actually in the system yet.

***Have you been able to RE-OPEN Your Existing Claim yet?***

Please post here any Status Updates or Knowledge you might have that could help others. It might be better than starting multiple threads with the same questions.

I will continue to update this Post here as necessary for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So-Called *"Exhausters"* are those who have run out of benefits on their original Claim, hence *"exhausted"* their benefits.

The **Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)** –
The PEUC is the third UI provision of the CARES Act and is a new *13-week extension* of
Unemployment Benefits for those who run out of their regular UI benefits paid. The federal government will
be paying for these additional benefits and recently provided State Labor Departments with the
necessary guidelines to implement this extension. The States Labor Departments will be working to get
this extension operational (as soon as possible). Workers are encouraged to
monitor websites for continuing updates.

More:

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...dFAQ.shtml#600

and

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...ly/extensions/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM NJ DOL:

Are you currently receiving or have applied for unemployment benefits? If yes, no action is required. The 13-week extension will be
automatically available to you after your current balance is exhausted. Otherwise, read the scenarios below:

What do I need to do to access the 13-week extension of benefits under the CARES Act?

Do any of these describe you?

SCENARIO A:
***[note: SCENARIO A APPLIES TO MOST EXHAUSTERS]***

Do these describe you?

On a date after July 8, 2018, I filed for unemployment.

I have not worked since the dates in 2018-2020 when I collected unemployment.

I have exhausted my balance OR my benefit year ended on my most recent claim.

If this describes you, WAIT for notification
from NJ Department of Labor before you certify for benefits.

################################################

SCENARIO B:
[note: SCENARIO B DOES NOT really apply to the current Class of "Exhausters"]

Do these describe you?

I have worked since the dates in 2018-2019 when I collected unemployment.

If both describe you, file a new claim if you haven’t already.

##################################################

SCENARIO C:
[note: SCENARIO C APPLIES TO THOSE WITH AN OPEN CLAIM WITH $$ MONEY LEFT] (Again NOT Really for the current class of 'EXHAUSTERS')

Do these describe you?

On a date after July 1, 2019, I filed for unemployment benefits.

I have NOT utilized all 26 weeks of benefits.

If both describe you, just re-open your claim if currently closed.

**Begin certifying for benefits again.**

################################################## #
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you been able to RE-OPEN Your Existing Claim yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 05:26 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm00 View Post
EXHAUSTERs UPDATES Megathread for PEUC 13-Week Benefit Extensions under the CARES Act

An Update was posted on Tuesday April 28th on the NJ DOL website regarding the 13-week PEUC Benefits Extensions - Different scenarios outlined with instructions on further action.

However, I just spoke with a higher-up on 5:30pm on 04/29/2020, and unfortunately nothing is actually in the system yet.

***Have you been able to RE-OPEN Your Existing Claim yet?***

Please post here any Status Updates or Knowledge you might have that could help others. It might be better than starting multiple threads with the same questions.

I will continue to update this Post here as necessary for now.

So-Called *"Exhausters"* are those who have run out of benefits on their original Claim, hence *"exhausted"* their benefits.

The **Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)** –
The PEUC is the third UI provision of the CARES Act and is a new *13-week extension* of
Unemployment Benefits for those who run out of their regular UI benefits paid. The federal government will
be paying for these additional benefits and recently provided State Labor Departments with the
necessary guidelines to implement this extension. The States Labor Departments will be working to get
this extension operational (as soon as possible). Workers are encouraged to
monitor websites for continuing updates.

More:

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...dFAQ.shtml#600

and

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...ly/extensions/

FROM NJ DOL:

Are you currently receiving or have applied for unemployment benefits? If yes, no action is required. The 13-week extension will be
automatically available to you after your current balance is exhausted. Otherwise, read the scenarios below:

What do I need to do to access the 13-week extension of benefits under the CARES Act?

Do any of these describe you?

SCENARIO A:
***[note: SCENARIO A APPLIES TO MOST EXHAUSTERS]***

Do these describe you?

I have not worked since the dates in 2018-2020 when I collected unemployment.

I have exhausted my balance OR my benefit year ended on my most recent claim.

If this describes you, WAIT for notification
from NJ Department of Labor before you certify for benefits.

################################################

SCENARIO B:
[note: SCENARIO B DOES NOT really apply to the current Class of "Exhausters"]

Do these describe you?

I have worked since the dates in 2018-2019 when I collected unemployment.

If both describe you, file a new claim if you haven’t already.

##################################################

SCENARIO C:
[note: SCENARIO C APPLIES TO THOSE WITH AN OPEN CLAIM WITH $$ MONEY LEFT] (Again NOT Really for the current class of 'EXHAUSTERS')

Do these describe you?

On a date after July 1, 2019, I filed for unemployment benefits.

I have NOT utilized all 26 weeks of benefits.

If both describe you, just re-open your claim if currently closed.

**Begin certifying for benefits again.**

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you been able to RE-OPEN Your Existing Claim yet?
I exhausted my benefits two weeks ago, and I’m still waiting for the next move on their part. I also didn’t get the extra $600 for all the back weeks. The first was supposed to be for March 29 so I should have gotten one more. Thanks for the update!

Old 05-01-2020, 05:34 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I exhausted my benefits two weeks ago, and I’m still waiting for the next move on their part. I also didn’t get the extra $600 for all the back weeks. The first was supposed to be for March 29 so I should have gotten one more. Thanks for the update!
That's correct. The $600 start on the week of 3/29. It doesn't apply earlier week.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,037 times
NJ unemployment full of it I know someone who got unemployment the week of the 29th and didn't get the 600 when they started giving it out and his claim balance hit 0 after that week and he never got the 600 which was supposedly for the 29th of March week, they are straight full of sh**

Old 05-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Hope he kept certifying as it's very important to continue to certify and "Keep Your Claim Open" even if there is no money in the balance --- this latter is usually not possible but these are unprecedented times --- if the Claim should "Lapse" and fall "Out of Reporting", Good Luck trying to get it Re-Opened.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:19 AM

Thread was moved to Unemployment here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...c-13-week.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey