Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,183 times

Advertisements

I filed for unemployment in NJ as an independent contractor. First I received an e-mail saying my claim was being processed and nothing further needed to be done.
Recently I received a BC9 form in the mail giving instructions on how to claim benefits. When I tried to claim it wouldn’t accept. I believe the BC9 form is for regular filers and not for PUA filers. Perhaps that’s not the case. Has anyone had this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 04:09 PM

50,766 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboyed View Post
I filed for unemployment in NJ as an independent contractor. First I received an e-mail saying my claim was being processed and nothing further needed to be done.
Recently I received a BC9 form in the mail giving instructions on how to claim benefits. When I tried to claim it wouldn’t accept. I believe the BC9 form is for regular filers and not for PUA filers. Perhaps that’s not the case. Has anyone had this problem?
I haven’t heard anything but try the unemployment forum too. There are NJ posters there as well.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:55 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboyed View Post
DH has reduced hours. He filed for partial unemployment kept checking and checking. Finally it said he was able to file. He logged in but it wouldnt let him certify. Then he got a letter in the mail that said when to go on and certify but it still doesnt work, even though they are saying he can, he isnt authorized to receive any unemployment.

He did receive an email after he applied for PUA saying he can certify and he will receive the 600 a week from the federal govt. Still no idea what he will actually recieve. We started this process 4 weeks ago. I applied in NY since thats where I work and i was laid off 3 weeks, i got that stupid debit card loaded with the money the same day I got my first paycheck back to work.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:38 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
He did receive an email after he applied for PUA saying he can certify and he will receive the 600 a week from the federal govt.
How did he apply for the PUA?

I applied for unemployment back in early April and as expected my WBR is $0.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:41 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
How did he apply for the PUA?

I applied for unemployment back in early April and as expected my WBR is $0.

Thats what happened to him. He reapplied at the end of april and got notice he can certify. He reapplied on the unemployment website, I think there is a PUA specific filing form

Old 05-07-2020, 07:39 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Thats what happened to him. He reapplied at the end of april and got notice he can certify. He reapplied on the unemployment website, I think there is a PUA specific filing form

Thank you.

I did not realize that I had to re-apply again to get PUA.

There is a PDF explaining how to file a PUA claim but same online application as before.
I made sure to put in the info the way the PDF says to.

The website took the claim.

Let's see if it works this time.

Thank you again.

I also found https://www.greenbaumlaw.com/insight...A-Program.html which explains the dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey