Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 10:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
"toe"

And stop. I looked at the same video you did. This nonsense of taking a phrase out of a sound bite to desperately try to make it sound as if it was more than it was demonstrates dishonesty. Determining whether the Bill of Rights regarding peaceful assembly for religious purposes supersedes public health IS above his pay grade. He's not a lawyer or a legislator. He's the governor of New Jersey.

BTW, I'm not thrilled with the idea of actually arresting people for meeting in a synagogue, but you have to admit that they were in willful defiance of the safety of others in this unique situation. The rest of us had to give up such meetings and did for good of the greater whole.

This is what I'm talking about. Letting hatred for an entire group of your fellow Americans seize one's logic to the point of irrationality is not helping this country any, and it goes for both extremes, as I've already said. It's just plain stupid--there is absolutely no other adjective that fits--to believe that this governor has some kind of dastardly scheme in mind to rule as a tyrant or take over the world or whatever it is you've said in other posts.

Even that vile excuse for a human being sitting in the White House isn't a demon--he's just a crass, self-serving man who enjoys pandering to a particular group for the sense of power it gives him. ALL politicians have that craving for power in some way or they wouldn't run for office. Some manifest it differently from others.

The video I posted was the short version so the poster I responded to didn't have to view the entire interview and it was NOT to deceive either.

We both will never see eye to eye politically - that's okay, as we have a right to our own views on things.

I DO call out any politician (which would be IMO) no matter if I voted for them or not. I don't let party steer my thoughts on them - I am a registered "I" btw.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: I don't hate any person, just hate what those "X" amount support - there's a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 11:29 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
The video I posted was the short version so the poster I responded to didn't have to view the entire interview and it was NOT to deceive either.

We both will never see eye to eye politically - that's okay, as we have a right to our own views on things.

I DO call out any politician (which would be IMO) no matter if I voted for them or not. I don't let party steer my thoughts on them - I am a registered "I" btw.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: I don't hate any person, just hate what those "X" amount support - there's a huge difference.
OK, it just drives me nuts when I see the over-the-top accusations of Tyranny! and other stupid stuff like lumping all members of one party into a sound bite, as if that's even possible. It just shows willful stupidity, and people deliberately and willfully choosing to be stupid angers me more than a lot of other things.

Very few of these politicians, whether we agree with their platforms or not, are actually evil people. And that's not to defend Murphy. Until I started watching his TV appearances at the beginning of COVID, I wouldn't have been able to identify the guy if he had snuck up behind me and bit me in the ass. I voted for him because I once met Kim whatsername, and she was very rude to me and came across as self-centered and sour. I knew what kind of a sleaze Christie was because of my job, but sadly, I rather expect high-level politicians to be sleazy. I would have considered Kim except for that chance encounter. I just didn't like her. Didn't know Murphy, but he wasn't her, so he got my vote.

It's sad, but it gets down to the personal. I'm in a similar situation now. Chris Smith is my representative. Even though I don't like some of the things he espouses, I do admire his standing up for veterans, as the daughter of a late WWII DAV.

But, since he's my Congressperson, I wrote to him back in July through his website asking for assistance with a matter that he might not even be able to help with, but I thought--hey, he's my representative, I'll give it a shot. Got the auto-reply, and then crickets. Not a word back, not even the courtesy of a "Sorry, we can't help you" reply.

You wanna bet that they checked me out and saw that I am a registered Democrat and tossed my request aside? I'm sure it had nothing to do with Smith himself, but this must be how his staff operates, and as such, I will vote for whomever is running against him. That person probably doesn't have a prayer, lol, but she will have my vote.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
OK, it just drives me nuts when I see the over-the-top accusations of Tyranny! and other stupid stuff like lumping all members of one party into a sound bite, as if that's even possible. It just shows willful stupidity, and people deliberately and willfully choosing to be stupid angers me more than a lot of other things.

Very few of these politicians, whether we agree with their platforms or not, are actually evil people. And that's not to defend Murphy. Until I started watching his TV appearances at the beginning of COVID, I wouldn't have been able to identify the guy if he had snuck up behind me and bit me in the ass. I voted for him because I once met Kim whatsername, and she was very rude to me and came across as self-centered and sour. I knew what kind of a sleaze Christie was because of my job, but sadly, I rather expect high-level politicians to be sleazy. I would have considered Kim except for that chance encounter. I just didn't like her. Didn't know Murphy, but he wasn't her, so he got my vote.

It's sad, but it gets down to the personal. I'm in a similar situation now. Chris Smith is my representative. Even though I don't like some of the things he espouses, I do admire his standing up for veterans, as the daughter of a late WWII DAV.

But, since he's my Congressperson, I wrote to him back in July through his website asking for assistance with a matter that he might not even be able to help with, but I thought--hey, he's my representative, I'll give it a shot. Got the auto-reply, and then crickets. Not a word back, not even the courtesy of a "Sorry, we can't help you" reply.

You wanna bet that they checked me out and saw that I am a registered Democrat and tossed my request aside? I'm sure it had nothing to do with Smith himself, but this must be how his staff operates, and as such, I will vote for whomever is running against him. That person probably doesn't have a prayer, lol, but she will have my vote.

Nobody should be treated like you were IMO. I wouldn't like it either.

Want I want to see from a politician is positive results for the people although not everyone will be content with them, verses many empty promises from many politicians over the years just to get their vote.

I know you don't like the president, but he has done and accomplished great things for the people and has fulfilled 9x percent of his promises. If I had to judge who I vote for what their private life was or their imperfections, I'd have no voting choice. And yes, this current president has his quirks for sure.

Murphy has upset me and has used his executive order "power" as a law which makes it IMO tyrannical while businesses have closed for good and people's livelihoods on the line in our high COL state, just not a good combination again IMO. This virus has really increased emotions in a POTUS election year (in fact I believe you mentioned this in so many words to probably happen on the onset on this virus/closedowns) and judgements in my humble opinion.

The voting caveat for just me is I'm a PRO-LIFE believer (sure there's some unselfish exceptions) and will not vote for a politician or one who's running for such who isn't - that's just my unwavering personal choice.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:32 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:

That’s nuts about your Congressman! I called Norcross’ office 2 years ago when I couldn’t resolve an issue with Gloucester County Social Services for my mothers long term Medicaid. Someone from his office called me 5 minutes after to get details, and then 15 minutes later they called to tell me the issue was resolved and my mom was re-certified. Definitely got my vote from that experience. I’m a registered dem too but given the time frame I don’t think they even checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey