Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 03:47 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,775,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't see where a long gun with a bayonet was used but okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 03:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,468,370 times

Old 06-04-2020, 05:07 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,415,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i really dont care what the excuses are. the military is part of the government so its convenient to blame the government but its all one thing. the taliban will end up ruling afghanistan once again, the government established by the US in iraq has failed to maintain the peace and will likely fail to govern the north for the long term, the US failed in syria, it just is nothing good for anybody when the US military gets involved.

i think its great to have a strong military to protect the nation. the problem is that the US military has traveled around the world destroying countries and mass murdering innocent people. history will look back at the present day US as very similar to other genocidal regimes of russia, china, nazi germany, etc.

It was good to eradicate nazi militarism. That was white supremacy at its worst. THe US was going to get involved in WW2 regardless of pearl harbor. Otherwise, the US would have been shut out of those markets. Since 1776, its always been about the money.

With regard to the ants, it is about food! Food, shelter, and water.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:32 PM

520 posts, read 982,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why would the military use planes and weapons on their own people and land. Doesn't make any sense, the army also have family here. A nuke today would make the land uninhabitable for 500 years+

There are less than 2 million active and non-active servicemen in the US military. It's not enough to fight off 330 million citizens. And there are said 50million+ registered gun owners in America.
Because you mentioned about a tyrannical govt & hence it won't hesitate to use nuclear weapons against it's own ppl.

Arming 330 million citizens is asking for trouble...it will lead to groups (based on religion or race or language) to fight against each other ..I e. Civil war & balkanization....it's the unarmed citizens who are holding this nation together I would say...

Old 06-04-2020, 10:31 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,415,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Because you mentioned about a tyrannical govt & hence it won't hesitate to use nuclear weapons against it's own ppl.

Arming 330 million citizens is asking for trouble...it will lead to groups (based on religion or race or language) to fight against each other ..I e. Civil war & balkanization....it's the unarmed citizens who are holding this nation together I would say...

I like the choice of whether to get a gun or not.

Hong kong can't fight back against tyranny. Neither can the tibeteans. They have no weapons.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:57 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,501,820 times
Quote:

You don't understand how tyranny works. A central tyrannical government cannot simply kill off the rest of its people. It needs people to obedient and work to keep the country productive. Killing off its people would not be a wise choice. Why hasn't Kim Jong or Saddam killed all of it's people? Because it needs people to keep their rule.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:56 AM

220 posts, read 377,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why would the military use planes and weapons on their own people and land. Doesn't make any sense, the army also have family here. A nuke today would make the land uninhabitable for 500 years+
Aren’t there like 2M ppl living in Hiroshima today?

Old 06-05-2020, 07:49 AM

56 posts, read 103,938 times
Hey guys, since we're talking about guns...

What happens if you own a bunch of guns in another state but decide to move to NJ? Do you have to sell your guns? Do you send them to a dealer so they can hold it until you get your permits? I probably won't ever move back to NJ but you never know.

Also, let's say I lived in Pennsylvania where gun laws aren't as strict as NJ... Is it illegal to drive into PA with a gun in your car?

Old 06-05-2020, 09:06 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,468,370 times
Quote:

no, 330 million citizens being able to be armed if they choose is respecting individuals. we are all individuals and we have the right to protect ourselves.

the most dangerous thing is collectivism. when you view people as part of a whole rather than as individuals its easier to murder them. that is why government has murdered so many people and even gets away with it. look at the middle east, the US government has gotten away with basically labeling everyone in the middle east when they want to murder a whole lot of people. many americans view them as a group whose lives have no value, so they are ok with killing them. but if we see them as the individuals that they are; we see that they are fathers, mothers, children that just want to live decent lives just like any of us.

collectivism is evil.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:48 AM

32,765 posts, read 35,972,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgochamp View Post
Hey guys, since we're talking about guns...

What happens if you own a bunch of guns in another state but decide to move to NJ? Do you have to sell your guns? Do you send them to a dealer so they can hold it until you get your permits? I probably won't ever move back to NJ but you never know.

Also, let's say I lived in Pennsylvania where gun laws aren't as strict as NJ... Is it illegal to drive into PA with a gun in your car?
You don't have to sell your guns. You take them directly to your new home and put them away. You're not even required to register them. You can take your gun into PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: