Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 09:48 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,492,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZEN View Post
YES TD bank and its free coin star takes like 13% or something absurd!!!!
Coin Star takes 10%, but at least they have good gift card options you can redeem to avoid the fee. I redeemed $18.14 today for a Starbuck's gift card. I have more coins to take in tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 08:50 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZEN View Post
YES TD bank and its free
As several other forum members already noted, TD removed those machines several years ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You must not have been in a TD Bank for a few years. They got rid of all their machines after somebody sued them for short-changing.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:23 PM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I went to the Coinstar in the Stop And Shop in Morris Plains. There are no crowds at that store and it is a spacious store so I went there so I don't feel scared about people crowding around me. Nobody tried to rob me. Great experience.
if you had $18.14 in coins of course nobody tried to rob you.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
if you had $18.14 in coins of course nobody tried to rob you.
+1
But, as usual, I am sure that Potanta's biggest concern was whether somebody in an adjacent car looked at him.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
But, as usual, I am sure that Potanta's biggest concern was whether somebody in an adjacent car looked at him.

My god, for the past few days some drivers have not been following this and they are positioning their windows against mine making the most awkward eye contact. I have to roll my eyes to my left and right all the time. However, I did see a van yesterday that left a gap before the white line and I bet it was purposely so that any driver next to him can't look at him.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
My god, for the past few days some drivers have not been following this and they are positioning their windows against mine making the most awkward eye contact.
Well, the good news is that this type of behavior is prohibited in CA, so you should be able to drive in comfort as soon as you arrive in The Golden State.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, the good news is that this type of behavior is prohibited in CA, so you should be able to drive in comfort as soon as you arrive in The Golden State.
In comfort? CA has 38 million people and there are more idiots and crazy people in that population than what you get in the 9 million of NJ.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:25 AM

Quote:
In comfort? CA has 38 million people and there are more idiots and crazy people in that population than what you get in the 9 million of NJ.
Your sarcasm detector is in serious need of a tune-up.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:13 AM
bn1

128 posts, read 205,921 times
Quote:
Maybe the "peaceful" protestors from Parsippany would rob me jk lol.

I did read an article just now that TD Bank did remove their coin machines and I assume they would have charged a fee to non-TD customers anyway.

I'm not really living on my own, I am actually moving into my grandparents' house making things a lot easier. But anyways, I can't believe I am going through this moment where I am finally shocking the NJ C-D forum members. Oh boy !
I made this exact move myself about 10 years ago. Ended up returning to NJ. Now I miss CA and am considering moving back one day (now with my spouse). Best of luck to you - it's a great life experience!

My only advice is...while there, make the most of it. There were many things I would have liked to explore but kept putting off until one day I moved back to NJ. I regret the missed opportunities. Oh - and for the CA drivers license test, look for the sample test questions on mobile apps. I studied from the Handbook until the day before, when I discovered the app by chance. At the test the next day, I realized at least 85% of the questions were word for word from the app.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn1 View Post
I made this exact move myself about 10 years ago. Ended up returning to NJ. Now I miss CA and am considering moving back one day (now with my spouse). Best of luck to you - it's a great life experience!

My only advice is...while there, make the most of it. There were many things I would have liked to explore but kept putting off until one day I moved back to NJ. I regret the missed opportunities. Oh - and for the CA drivers license test, look for the sample test questions on mobile apps. I studied from the Handbook until the day before, when I discovered the app by chance. At the test the next day, I realized at least 85% of the questions were word for word from the app.
You had to take the driver's test again? The CA DMV website said you definitely would have to take the test if you came from out of the country, but it is not guaranteed that you would not have to take it if you were out of state. The most nervous part about my move is getting a California license, because it's going to be complicated although tons of people make the same exact move as me. I have to establish CA residency, blah blah blah.

I'm sorry you had to end up in NJ again... There will not be any likelihood of me coming back to NJ since I will be "inheriting" my grandparents' house. If not, I might just move to Oregon or Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey