Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:04 PM

323 posts, read 575,399 times

Advertisements

just for everyones info ,the oil fields that were recently being talked about in the dakotas were discovered in the 50s ,at that time they said oil would have to be 60 per barrel , in order to make money extracting it ,how long has it been past 60 per barrel ,4 ,5 yrs? we have plenty in our own country

prices have threatened our economy which ultimately can threaten our security ,you can trust this ,if they wanted too ( big oil companies and ilk) they could have a national emergency declared for the good of the country and start drilling in those places that are offlimits

but there is no Real money in that

look for 2.5 to 2.75 gas come november

once we get a real president in office ,maybe he will start a manhattan type project for alternative fuels

this once was the greatest country in the world ,that didnt understand the concept of cant

but the very rich few do understand how to milk your childrens and grandchildrens futures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:48 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
just for everyones info ,the oil fields that were recently being talked about in the dakotas were discovered in the 50s ,at that time they said oil would have to be 60 per barrel , in order to make money extracting it ,how long has it been past 60 per barrel ,4 ,5 yrs? we have plenty in our own country

prices have threatened our economy which ultimately can threaten our security ,you can trust this ,if they wanted too ( big oil companies and ilk) they could have a national emergency declared for the good of the country and start drilling in those places that are offlimits

but there is no Real money in that

look for 2.5 to 2.75 gas come november

once we get a real president in office ,maybe he will start a manhattan type project for alternative fuels

this once was the greatest country in the world ,that didnt understand the concept of cant

but the very rich few do understand how to milk your childrens and grandchildrens futures
pure nonsense, what fantasy land do you live in? as long as the enviro whackos control where and when we can exploit our untapped oil reserves in alaska and in of shore waters, as long as they stop the building of refineries, as long as they oppose nuclear power generation, as long as they oppose of shore LNG terminals, as long as they oppose windmill farms for generation of power, and as long as they force so many different fuel formulations the US will have energy problems. No president to date nor do ANY of these jerks running now nor will the congress grow some balls to stop the madness.
those fields you are confused about are oil sands which the democraps said they would exploit back in the 70's, they threw billions of dollars at the project and nary a drop of oil came out. In canada they are using similar resources and making oil.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,251 times
this is the dumbest question ever like duhhhhhhhh of course it hs affected everyone.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
this is the dumbest question ever like duhhhhhhhh of course it hs affected everyone.
some more than others, for various reasons

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
This'll show em'! : House passes bill to sue OPEC over oil prices | Reuters

I am sure the Royal Prince of Saud is quaking in his boots right now.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This'll show em'! : House passes bill to sue OPEC over oil prices | Reuters

I am sure the Royal Prince of Saud is quaking in his boots right now.
it just highlights what a bunch of horses *asses we have in congress. this bill is borne from ignorance and idiocy

Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,471 times
This is a major reason why we're thinking of moving. To be closer to our work. Enuff said.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
This is a major reason why we're thinking of moving. To be closer to our work. Enuff said.
I don't know how it is there but at least 4 gas stations on my way to work have closed down. I saw one for sale but 2 others have removed their pumps I only get gas from Sams now because they've consistently been lower than the other stations, which means I now do the majority of my shopping at Sams too - no more blue bunny ice cream.

I just found out you don't have a Winn Dixie there! First, no super wal-marts and now no Winn Dixie! I'm going to have to actually learn how to "shop" for food instead of buying whatever my mom buys

Old 05-21-2008, 12:36 PM

15 posts, read 110,450 times
Commuting 42 miles one way, planning to move near to office.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoh04 View Post
Commuting 42 miles one way, planning to move near to office.
I commute 47 miles to my office, but any money I would save on gas by moving closer, I would spend two-fold on higher taxes and the storage unit I would have to rent because I probably would only be able to afford a 1 br condo instead of a 3 br house.

Boy was that ever a run-on sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey