Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 01:35 AM

7 posts, read 11,770 times

Advertisements

I'm just trying to get a sense of Hunterdon County, specifically Whitehouse Station.

The income for the township is very high, but from looking at street view many of the houses are quite small, as well as surprisingly cheap for Greater New York. Much of the area seems to have a bit of an almost run down, farmhouse kinda feel to it. Heading south of Whitehouse Station there are a lot more mansions, super large backyards, and the like. Is it just a generally diverse area in terms of having a sizable working class in addition to the upper class? Or am I missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 03:55 AM

480 posts, read 480,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db4xn14h41 View Post
I'm just trying to get a sense of Hunterdon County, specifically Whitehouse Station. The income for the township is very high, but from looking at street view many of the houses are quite small, as well as surprisingly cheap for Greater New York. Much of the area seems to have a bit of an almost run down, farmhouse kinda feel to it. Heading south of Whitehouse Station there are a lot more mansions, super large backyards, and the like. Is it just a generally diverse area in terms of having a sizable working class in addition to the upper class? Or am I missing something?
Whitehouse Station is not a Township-its an unincorporated area of Readington Township. Readington, by land area, is the largest Township in Hunterdon County, so Whitehouse Station is a rather small slice of it sitting along Route 22. There are parts of Readington that are rather built up and commercial, like the Route 22 corridor, parts that are rather suburban and parts that still quite agrarian and rural. Whitehouse Station probably has a pretty diverse mix of socio-economic backgrounds, renters vs. owners, etc...than other parts of Readington Township. Looping in your other post, quite frankly, no one cares. Rural New Jersey is not the South or the Midwest where people are in your business and asking about your personal relationship with Jesus Christ or whether or not you've "been saved." The same goes for politics in my experience. I don't know my friends and neighbors politics and they don't know mine either. That said, as another poster mentioned in your other thread, the City of Lambertville is probably has more LGBT residents than anywhere in Hunterdon County-in fact the city just elected its first openly gay female mayor recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: