Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 02:14 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
My driver's license expires at the end of August. Don't they normally send the renewal form with the PIN number at least 2 months in advance? I have not received anything yet. If I don't receive a form in the mail then I'm stuck going to an MVC office to renew.

I read that the Real ID deadlines were extended, so you can still fly without a Real ID through October of next year.
After a certain amount of years, they require a new picture on your license. Maybe that is the case with yours and that is why they didn’t send a pin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 02:19 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
After a certain amount of years, they require a new picture on your license. Maybe that is the case with yours and that is why they didn’t send a pin?
I just had a new picture taken at my last renewal in 2016. Maybe they are just running behind. Not sure.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:46 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,841,261 times
Real quick, and you can close the thread on this. Did not read some of the posts so that I do not get nauseated. But here it is, straight no chaser.

This was the absolutely most predictabe thing and it is mostly just bad comedy at this point.

"There was no way we could have known."
"We should have known."
"We knew, you just shouldn't be in the line in the first place, it's your fault."

Pathetic.

This Governor is already criminally liable in the Covid deaths and continued manipulation... I will not be wearing a mask unless i'm at Walmart inside or something, I'm good. Now, moving on.

No matter your political opinion, as far leaning Left more so than CNN itself, whether that be true or just an act (this is the Internet, folks, can not believe anything you read and it's a GREAT entertainment outlet,) this Motor Vehicle things is just sad. Me, myself? I got two cars I purchased during the time. Been driving them, to work. I do not need anyone's permission to do this. Continued making thousands a month, now am looking forward to when the
- STILL understaffed
- Closing EARLY
- Turning people AWAY
- Now more than ever??
- "NJ MVC" actually takes hopefully like a week, and gets to a point where I can be in and out in about an hour and a half, which is about the time it used to take if I was one of the first in line.. Where I am, the MVC is in a small plaza next to Dunkin Donuts and another food place, you simply can't go there and there not be a line. Then, I will get my cars registered and be done.

If you think you're better than me because you "follow the law" etc, good for you.

If you think I'm butty or nutty or stupid because it is glaringly obvious that not a single thing was done or thought given to handle the many. Thousands. Of people. That. Need. To. Register their car, some from March, myself included.... then good, I am whatever you think I am.

But. When you see me talking about other places, better than NJ.. Hey, I can't tell you what to think, but this State honestly is earning the hate.

Carry on, I'm eating dinner, and you can thank me for telling it how it is. There was a time I would stay up nights arguing with random people on the Internet. Those days are done. Just know that.. this MVC thing is so bad, it's good.. So horrible, it is funny. Smiles and cries, people. Smiles and cries. Yup.. that's from Training Day. Now you're welcome. Food's getting cold. Will pop in if there are any NJ proper-uppers that just make me cringe...

Old 07-09-2020, 04:10 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
...the Real ID deadlines were extended, so you can still fly without a Real ID through October of next year.

I didn't know that, thanks for sharing.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:17 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I didn't know that, thanks for sharing.
https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/realid/#...20REAL%20ID%3F

Old 07-09-2020, 05:23 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Real quick, and you can close the thread on this. Did not read some of the posts so that I do not get nauseated. But here it is, straight no chaser.

This was the absolutely most predictabe thing and it is mostly just bad comedy at this point.

"There was no way we could have known."
"We should have known."
"We knew, you just shouldn't be in the line in the first place, it's your fault."

Pathetic.

This Governor is already criminally liable in the Covid deaths and continued manipulation... I will not be wearing a mask unless i'm at Walmart inside or something, I'm good. Now, moving on.

No matter your political opinion, as far leaning Left more so than CNN itself, whether that be true or just an act (this is the Internet, folks, can not believe anything you read and it's a GREAT entertainment outlet,) this Motor Vehicle things is just sad. Me, myself? I got two cars I purchased during the time. Been driving them, to work. I do not need anyone's permission to do this. Continued making thousands a month, now am looking forward to when the
- STILL understaffed
- Closing EARLY
- Turning people AWAY
- Now more than ever??
- "NJ MVC" actually takes hopefully like a week, and gets to a point where I can be in and out in about an hour and a half, which is about the time it used to take if I was one of the first in line.. Where I am, the MVC is in a small plaza next to Dunkin Donuts and another food place, you simply can't go there and there not be a line. Then, I will get my cars registered and be done.

If you think you're better than me because you "follow the law" etc, good for you.

If you think I'm butty or nutty or stupid because it is glaringly obvious that not a single thing was done or thought given to handle the many. Thousands. Of people. That. Need. To. Register their car, some from March, myself included.... then good, I am whatever you think I am.

But. When you see me talking about other places, better than NJ.. Hey, I can't tell you what to think, but this State honestly is earning the hate.

Carry on, I'm eating dinner, and you can thank me for telling it how it is. There was a time I would stay up nights arguing with random people on the Internet. Those days are done. Just know that.. this MVC thing is so bad, it's good.. So horrible, it is funny. Smiles and cries, people. Smiles and cries. Yup.. that's from Training Day. Now you're welcome. Food's getting cold. Will pop in if there are any NJ proper-uppers that just make me cringe...

I only scanned through your post but I’m actually laughing at how worked up you’re getting over this. Life must be hard for you.

Is this the MVC (I didn’t say DMV so Retriever doesn’t penalize me) in North Bergen?

Old 07-09-2020, 06:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
It’s so frustrating....

We just moved here and have to get licenses and register our cars. Nothing can be done online. What kills me I’ll have to go three separate times. Once to get my license, once to request my title and then to register the car. Seriously insane.

A friend went to Rahway and got there at 3 am....

Old 07-09-2020, 07:37 PM

668 posts, read 471,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I for one do not renew online, mostly the reason the renewal cards are sent months ahead, its not a high priority in my life, I lose the mail, you need pin numbers and its not as convenient as one would think.

Additionally, almost everyone goes to the inspection station now. No sense in paying for $100-$250 for an inspection sticker at an auto mechanic when it is free. It used to be common practice to go to a mechanic and "pay to pass" when the inspection rules were more rigorous, failures were common and you had an option to pay $1,500 on your hoopties meaningless broken sensor, or had the option to pay $100 to 'Pass' the inspection. Like I said before the rules have changed and it is very difficult to fail the inspection nowadays, that its uncommon now to pay a mechanic for a sticker.

$100 - $250 for a sticker?? LOL not even close. Under $100 definitely.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:41 PM

668 posts, read 471,060 times
heard a funny story today... .supposedly a guy got to a MVC office at 7:45, offered the guy in the first spot $300 if he gives him his spot.

Guy in front takes the money and leaves.

Guy who paid $300 goes in, and doesn't have all his required "points". He gets sent home.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:55 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
heard a funny story today... .supposedly a guy got to a MVC office at 7:45, offered the guy in the first spot $300 if he gives him his spot.

Guy in front takes the money and leaves.

Guy who paid $300 goes in, and doesn't have all his required "points". He gets sent home.

Oh no, that’s awful! I’d have taken the money too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey