Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,506,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think everything state related is out of date. Look at the disaster Unemployment was to navigate. They still use COBOL system. However it a catch 22 as modernizing would cost millions and then people would complain about the budget. Easy for politicians to wait for the next guy to fix it which it was outdated for the past several governors.
govt is inefficient and incompetent? whowoulddathunkit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 01:10 PM

19,034 posts, read 25,104,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Fun fact:
When Christine Todd Whitman privatized the state's MV inspection process, and awarded it to Parsons Technologies in a classic sweetheart deal, a previously decent system immediately turned into hammered feces, and it took Parsons many months to resolve their long list of problems.

Ultimately, Ms. Whitman resolved the long waiting lines by changing annual inspections to a biennial process. However, she continued to pay Parsons the same amount of money annually, despite the reality that Parsons was processing only half as many cars each year. Those Repugnicans are just so... fiscally responsible!

Old 07-16-2020, 01:42 PM

3,971 posts, read 3,998,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCashman View Post
One reporter asked a person who was waiting in line if things have gotten any better. His response was-----"Well they did bring in a Port-A-Potty!"
Unbelievable.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:54 PM

50,094 posts, read 35,727,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Well in all fairness people probably would have blown a gasket if they wanted to spend however many tens of millions to update the systems.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:28 PM

19,034 posts, read 25,104,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well in all fairness people probably would have blown a gasket if they wanted to spend however many tens of millions to update the systems.
+1
The last 4 or 5 Governors have been kicking that can down the road for a few decades, and at some point the antiquated computer systems for MVS, Unemployment, and virtually every other state agency will have to be replaced. It looks like Murphy will be the one who is unlucky enough to have to replace those systems during his administration, simply because there is no longer any way of further delaying it.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:01 PM

668 posts, read 463,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
The last 4 or 5 Governors have been kicking that can down the road for a few decades, and at some point the antiquated computer systems for MVS, Unemployment, and virtually every other state agency will have to be replaced. It looks like Murphy will be the one who is unlucky enough to have to replace those systems during his administration, simply because there is no longer any way of further delaying it.

Don't see it happening, mainly because the cost is going to be pretty high. And there appears to be a cash flow problem right now.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 PM

13,365 posts, read 28,593,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
NJ had 4 months to come up with a game plan for reopening the MVC. Job well done.
Exactly!! You think this is bad wait until they reopen unemployment offices

Old 07-26-2020, 02:34 PM

3,403 posts, read 1,789,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
NJ had 4 months to come up with a game plan for reopening the MVC. Job well done.
The problem is, they don't care.

I will try to go I think maybe the first week of August. Police are there for Law and Order so.. that's good.....

Old 07-27-2020, 01:05 PM

79 posts, read 102,510 times
i live in deptford nj, anyone know which dmv i can go to get my car title transfered without waiting in line for hours or is all of them?

Old 07-27-2020, 02:20 PM

50,094 posts, read 35,727,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i live in deptford nj, anyone know which dmv i can go to get my car title transfered without waiting in line for hours or is all of them?

I don't know but look at the website before you go. They split the services between different locations, they don't all do registrations now for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey