Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 08:13 AM
46H

1,651 posts, read 1,398,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
WHAT?. They are Federal Agents not para military that Barr deputized. They are not the equivalent of the Soviet secret police. You have been fed a line of BS and you happened to swallow it hook, line and sinker. The progressive libs seem to swallow lots of BS quite easily.
How do you know that they are Federal Agents?
1. No agency ID on their military uniforms
2. No individual ID like a name plate or a badge with a number
3. No rank insignia visible so no chain of command
4. All wearing face coverings to remain anonymous

All this leads to ZERO accountability since they cannot be identified when they break the law. They are no more than hired thugs. If they are there to protect Federal property, why not wear the insignia of the Federal Agency that they represent? Why are they leaving the perimeter of the Federal Property? Why are they driving around in unmarked vans grabbing citizens? This IS how it works in Russia. It was decided a long time ago that there is no national police force in the United States.

Where are all the 2nd Amendment supporters who claim they need guns to protect themselves from the Federal Government? I do not see any armed militia standing with the moms and grandmothers in Portland. This is the exact situation they are talking about and not a peep from the NRA. What a surprise. This seems to be a real opportunity to sell more guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 08:26 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
Where are all the 2nd Amendment supporters who claim they need guns to protect themselves from the Federal Government? I do not see any armed militia standing with the moms and grandmothers in Portland. This is the exact situation they are talking about and not a peep from the NRA. What a surprise. This seems to be a real opportunity to sell more guns.
oh they have decided that in this case its ok for the federal government to arrest people.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:35 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
How do you know that they are Federal Agents?
1. No agency ID on their military uniforms
2. No individual ID like a name plate or a badge with a number
3. No rank insignia visible so no chain of command
4. All wearing face coverings to remain anonymous

All this leads to ZERO accountability since they cannot be identified when they break the law. They are no more than hired thugs. If they are there to protect Federal property, why not wear the insignia of the Federal Agency that they represent? Why are they leaving the perimeter of the Federal Property? Why are they driving around in unmarked vans grabbing citizens? This IS how it works in Russia. It was decided a long time ago that there is no national police force in the United States.

+1. The hypocrisy is astounding. Not unexpected, but astounding.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:37 AM

im fine with them not "standing with them." but what i think is absolutely ridiculous is that they have taken the position that it is totally ok in this circumstance for the federal government to send in their thugs against the wishes of local government.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:03 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,959 times
They are mostly by people with racist pasts and do this so they can clear their conscious. Now they are good people

Old 07-23-2020, 11:06 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanDude View Post
It depends on the political leaning of your town.

I drove through heavily-liberal Maplewood one day and there were BLM signs and rainbow flags galore.

But here in one of the conservative-leaning towns of lower Bergen County, I might've only seen one BLM sign. Almost every other house here either has a Trump sign or Trump flag. Lol, I think Trump is the only politician who some people have actually bought flags for en masse.

I'm not interested in another never-ending BLM debate since your stance is just whatever it is at this point. All i'm going to say is that All Lives won't Matter until Black Lives Matter..
I guess this goes with Maplewood no longer allowed to segregate students because of the recent court decision

Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it wasnt true in 1860. if any state wants to leave the union, they should be able to do so peacefully.

Great. That means I can enslave you, plow my fields for no wages, have an overseer beat and whip you, sell your family, and take away your beloved guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are so worried about china and yet seem to ignore that the US has invaded many more countries than china has.

Most the of the countries that the US invaded, it didn't annex. the PRC annexed tibet and xinjiang and are causing border problems with their neighbors in their quest of Tienguo.

Instead of Iraq and afghanistan, we should have annexed cuba. that's prime real estate. I would have had you plow the fields of my plantation and serve me rum based cocktails. Call it candyland! You'll address me as Big Daddy.

I would have pissed on John C calhoun's grave if I could have gotten away with it when I visited Charleston. Jackson wanted to hang him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm not sure whether a debate between Trump and Biden would be hilarious or pitiful. Maybe both.

It just goes to show how unimportant the position of POTUS has become.

I wanted Tulsi Gabbard.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Great. That means I can enslave you, plow my fields for no wages, have an overseer beat and whip you, sell your family, and take away your beloved guns.

Most the of the countries that the US invaded, it didn't annex. the PRC annexed tibet and xinjiang and are causing border problems with their neighbors in their quest of Tienguo.

Instead of Iraq and afghanistan, we should have annexed cuba. that's prime real estate. I would have had you plow the fields of my plantation and serve me rum based cocktails. Call it candyland! You'll address me as Big Daddy.

I would have pissed on John C calhoun's grave if I could have gotten away with it when I visited Charleston. Jackson wanted to hang him.

I wanted Tulsi Gabbard.
any state has a right to leave the union, nobody has a right to own slaves.

so what if the US doesnt annex the nations it invades? it murders hundreds of thousands of people, causes destruction and instability, ruins the lives of millions, etc. etc. etc. the US is much worse than china when it comes to foreign policy.

in any case, if the US were to divide itself into smaller nations; it wouldnt be that hard to put together a defense that can keep out an invader. look at north korea, the US wont invade them because they have nuclear weapons. a good deterrent can keep out a nation that spends more than the next 5 or more nations combined on the military.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I drove by some very well to do white majority towns and see BLM yard signs as well as some "Trump 2020" signs too. Even some church signs that parrots the same BLM messages. My son pointed a church that had a BLM sign.

Is this the new "I support BLM, so don't protest in my town" signs?

These are hardly the towns that experience any black social injustice and police issues.
BLM is very fashionable. This BLM yard sign phenomenon is not unique to New Jersey. It is widespread in affluent areas across the country. Frankly, the fact that you see Trump 2020 signs in wealthy neighborhoods is more surprising. Affluent Trump supporters have been among the shyer about their politics in the last few years.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm not sure whether a debate between Trump and Biden would be hilarious or pitiful. Maybe both.

It just goes to show how unimportant the position of POTUS has become.
Throw Kanye in there and it's a Pay for View Event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey