Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 08:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think it was better when Obama was president. With Trump, there's nothing but chaos. He makes Bush 2 look good and that guy started 2 wars.
starting those 2 wars is no small thing. the human toll between deaths and suffering of george bush's "war on terror" has been in incredible horror that im not sure we have seen anything close to it in modern times. history is going to look in this era and what the US did in a much worse way than americans think. for that reason, trump is a superior president. war is probably my primary issue for a president as i cant handle thinking about all of the families suffering and children growing up with predator drones overhead firing missiles at homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 11:50 AM

50,763 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
starting those 2 wars is no small thing. the human toll between deaths and suffering of george bush's "war on terror" has been in incredible horror that im not sure we have seen anything close to it in modern times. history is going to look in this era and what the US did in a much worse way than americans think. for that reason, trump is a superior president. war is probably my primary issue for a president as i cant handle thinking about all of the families suffering and children growing up with predator drones overhead firing missiles at homes.

The thing that bothers me is the reaction of "the people" to those presidents fear-mongering. They did the same thing trump does now, wrap themselves in the flag, scare people into believing they are doing things for us, to keep us safe, and people buy it hook, line and sinker. NOW everyone says they always knew it was a mistake to go to Iraq, but back then I was very much a hated outlier in my opinion that we shouldn't go. I was unpatriotic even. I see the same manipulations playing out now, and the same people reacting the same way they did then. It is disconcerting how easy it is to manipulate the populace.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
I think it was better when Obama was president. With Trump, there's nothing but chaos. He makes Bush 2 look good and that guy started 2 wars.
I disagree with this because the media has been helping Obama take out the dirty laundry. You are completely brainwashed. You know how many people died in the 2 gulf wars? For you to say such travesty. People came back with torn limbs and you dare to mock the 2 Gulf wars. Obviously you've been oblivious all this time. That's how the media spins it, decade ago it was all Bush fault and now it's all Trump's fault right?

There are footages of innocent people being carpet bombed by our military and that's better than Trump!? GTFO. Our 2 Gulf War cost 2 million lives in the Middle East and completely destabilized the region. Obama himself caused more destabilization by helping arm the militants and the creation of ISIS.

The reason why the police violence became such a huge issue because during Obama's tenure the media refuses to cover the police injustice against blacks. It took several weeks until enough social media posted videos to force the media to tag along. The past decade was pressure cooker for police violence that built up during Obama's tenure and if you didn't see or hear anything that means their censorship did it's job. Where's the other liberal nutjob from the nYC forum that posted those police brutality cases from the past and it didn't matter who was the president.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:19 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:

He's sown the seeds for ww3 from drawing down in germany, pulling out of syria without making any peace, and messing with iran, and no long term strategy for dealing with CHina.. It might soon be your kids that will growing up with predator drones overhead firing missiles at homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I disagree with this because the media has been helping Obama take out the dirty laundry. You are completely brainwashed. You know how many people died in the 2 gulf wars? For you to say such travesty. People came back with torn limbs and you dare to mock the 2 Gulf wars. Obviously you've been oblivious all this time. That's how the media spins it, decade ago it was all Bush fault and now it's all Trump's fault right?

There are footages of innocent people being carpet bombed by our military and that's better than Trump!? GTFO. Our 2 Gulf War cost 2 million lives in the Middle East and completely destabilized the region. Obama himself caused more destabilization by helping arm the militants and the creation of ISIS.

The reason why the police violence became such a huge issue because during Obama's tenure the media refuses to cover the police injustice against blacks. It took several weeks until enough social media posted videos to force the media to tag along. The past decade was pressure cooker for police violence that built up during Obama's tenure and if you didn't see or hear anything that means their censorship did it's job. Where's the other liberal nutjob from the nYC forum that posted those police brutality cases from the past and it didn't matter who was the president.

I'm not mocking the wars but Trump has no idea what he is doing. He makes policy based on what he sees on cable news and has a short attention span. THis pandemic could have been prevented. He said it will just go away. If this was ebola, we'd be screwed. His foreign policy his based off leaders not kissing his ring. Is NATO paying their 2 percent because of him and all his blackmailing, no. Is Iran still screwing with the middle east after all his threats, yes. As for police brutality, pushing the fed agents where they don't belong and causing even more problems, abducting people in unmarked vehicles. That's something facists do and those are people he admires the most. He'll give all world war 2 gains to china.

He trusts putin more than his own intel organizations. Putin is KGB, never renouced his communist party membership, and said america is in the way of Russia. Trump had control of all government for 2 years. Where's the infrastructure? Where's the wall? Where's the concealed carry in every state? Why isn't abortion illegal? Why isn't there christian sharia law that the bible thumpers want?

I'd take obama any day over trump. And what was Obama supposed to do? Moscow Mitch McConnell blocked everything he was trying to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Couldn't even get funding for passenger rail.

I'll give trump some credit on the space program though....may be.

And if you're scared of the police, buy a gun, german sheperd, and bunker in the poconos and hunker down and prepare for the libertarian revolution. or go vote or become a lobbyist.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
He's sown the seeds for ww3 from drawing down in germany, pulling out of syria without making any peace, and messing with iran, and no long term strategy for dealing with CHina.. It might soon be your kids that will growing up with predator drones overhead firing missiles at homes.
thats funny, you are siding with corrupt politicians who want to keep the presence in germany for their own corrupt reasons? dont worry, it looks like the soldiers are being moved elsewhere in europe so the US war machine will still be in a position to kill people over there.

im not sure we ever officially went into syria except for airstrikes (which the US shouldnt have done). the US shouldnt have gotten involved to begin with. im not sure why you think its a bad thing to leave that conflict (which the US intentionally exacerbated).

i was very bothered when trump murdered the iranian general. fortunately, iran is more rational than the US government and didnt respond with a substantial retaliation.

you know who needs a long term strategy for china the most? the nations that live near china. china isnt a threat to the US. a war with china would be easily avoidable if the US government wishes to avoid it.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:05 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
thats funny, you are siding with corrupt politicians who want to keep the presence in germany for their own corrupt reasons? dont worry, it looks like the soldiers are being moved elsewhere in europe so the US war machine will still be in a position to kill people over there.

im not sure we ever officially went into syria except for airstrikes (which the US shouldnt have done). the US shouldnt have gotten involved to begin with. im not sure why you think its a bad thing to leave that conflict (which the US intentionally exacerbated).

i was very bothered when trump murdered the iranian general. fortunately, iran is more rational than the US government and didnt respond with a substantial retaliation.

you know who needs a long term strategy for china the most? the nations that live near china. china isnt a threat to the US. a war with china would be easily avoidable if the US government wishes to avoid it.

Isolationism is what got us in WW2 in the first place. you want your kids storming normandy beach? NATO prevents that. Europeans would still kill each other if given the chance and then the US would be drawn in no matter much you kick and scream.

DJT is just as corrupt as any other politician if not more so.

the US should not have gone to war with syria but it did. The US abandoned the kurds and did not even getting a peace dividend in syria and american blood was shed. Iraq should not have even happened.

Iran was afraid of the US bombing their oil fields. They won't go all out. Mullahs want to keep their power.

China is a threat.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/did-ch...e_3223117.html

The US could avoid a war with China simply by not buying made in china.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:09 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
I'm not mocking the wars but Trump has no idea what he is doing. He makes policy based on what he sees on cable news and has a short attention span. THis pandemic could have been prevented. He said it will just go away. If this was ebola, we'd be screwed. His foreign policy his based off leaders not kissing his ring. Is NATO paying their 2 percent because of him and all his blackmailing, no. Is Iran still screwing with the middle east after all his threats, yes. As for police brutality, pushing the fed agents where they don't belong and causing even more problems, abducting people in unmarked vehicles. That's something facists do and those are people he admires the most. He'll give all world war 2 gains to china.

Right away I have to discredit you for being another CNN brainwashed liberal. The president CANNOT make policies. He's' not a legislator! People like you being brainwashed by the media too much. The president can make executive orders that are just an order to do a limited set of actions. Both he and Obama demanded the house and congress to put an immigration bill and guess what? Both got declined by the same people that we need to vote out which is Pelosi and McConnell. You like many Americans vastly lack political knowledge, I can tell easily where you got your info from. The POTUS is the least powerful position because they cannot order things without an executive order and has to be reviewed by the judiciary branch. 5 months ago, when he ordered a travel ban from China, it nearly got pulled by the Federal court of appeals because so many tech companies was against it. Had coronavirus not caused waves they would of paid to get the travel ban repealed. The same type of muslim ban got repealed because companies pay judges to get his actions repealed.

The whole Russia is a joke, you know Biden is the one that was working with Ukraine to get his son well paid right? That was a NYTimes investigation that started it and was told to hush in 2015. The whole Russian thing got traction because both the Russians and Chinese are interested in working with Trump if he wins. Because Clinton refused to talk to them after she was caught in 2012 working with different former Soviet countries on mineral deals where the Clinton Foundation was paid very well to broker those deals that even Obama wasn't aware of it until later on. Why do you think Clinton was fired by Obama? She was corrupt.

Obama had good intentions but he didn't manage his people well and let so many corrupt individuals run his administration. Trump couldn't do any of the stuff the media accuses him because anytime any of his staff tries to get a personal deal going they get investigated and wiretapped by the Feds. He's spending 4 years to drain the swamp and he'll need another 4 years to get rid of so many lifers in the Fed that are still trying to sabotage his administration.

It's a shame so many people blame Trump when he is the least culprit to our country's problems. Everyone needs to look in the mirror and wonder why we have such a huge problem with racial injustice, coronavirus. I'm tried of hearing it's Trump's fault when they have no proof he's done something directly to cause the problems we have in this country.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:31 PM

365 posts, read 423,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
its was not...speaking for the black community. obama did nothing for us and we shouldnt expect him too...the media invoked that his election in itself did something for our community,,, it did not.. 1st obama is biracial African and White.. two groups that do better than American Blacks in the USA anyway. 2nd the same problems existed then..... exisit now....trump did not make it worse... its all media and acedemia provided cover fire for thier own. They are very dishonest with the america public about the state of the Black condition, They are dishonest period. I served in OEF AND OIF, there is simply no comparison about the amount of blood and treasure lost in OIF under BUSH 2... But for some reason everyone is hypontized with TRump is the worse ever....personality perhaps... but policy and damage no way
Thanks for you honest perspective on this. In my opinion Obama made race relations worse and I voted for him twice. Someone stated in this thread he was a community activist before politics yet he did nothing to help the people of Chicago. Shameful

Old 07-29-2020, 05:34 PM

365 posts, read 423,534 times
Quote:
I don't watch TV or do social media. The media excuse is a crutch. Obama is black to the police so he would probably get shot. I will give you that he had a weak foreign policy.

Bush spent blood and treasure. Trump gave WW2 gains to the people's republic of china. Where's the beautiful infrastructure that was promised? He had complete control of government for 2 years! Where's the wall?!

All we got from DJT was no wall, umemployment, a pandemic, and a cold war with red china that we are not prepared for. Imagine if this was ebola! germaphobe trump would be

And you don't speak for the black community.

Apparently if you think Trump is OK then you're not BLACK ENOUGH for these democrat RACISTS.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:56 PM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Defund the military

LOL

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey