Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 05:44 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times

Advertisements

I'm really glad I didn't go to Keansburg. My friend said the same thing, he's glad I decided to book where I like. He said Keansburg is "interesting" and not in a really good way.

I really loved my trip and I can't wait to go back. Like I said, I'm thinking I might get a season badge next year and come more often. I love the Jersey Shore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 12:14 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im glad you had a good trip. its been crazy hot lately and very little rain (except last thursday night). the ocean has been great though, me and my kids spent a lot of time in it this weekend and last (sea bright). im sure belmar turned out much better than the keansburg place would have been. smart move.
I finally saw my daughter for the first time since January. She came here from LI with her French bulldog and stayed for three days. Unfortunately, they were some of the worst three days we've had all summer, heatwise.

Although she lives near the ocean on the Island, she wanted to go to the Jersey shore. We went on Sunday night when it was cool enough to just walking along the Long Branch boardwalk and get her favorite gluten-free pizza at Scala's, and then the next morning we tried the beach. It was so horribly hot that you literally could not walk on the sand without pain, and the water was rough that day, unlike the previous days the week before when I'd gone and enjoyed calm water. The tide was coming in so we set our chairs at the waters edge and let the waves wash over us until our chairs started to become One With The Sand.

We didn't last an hour, but at least we got there together.

I cannot stand this heat. Can't go walking in the park, can't go the beach comfortable. Looking forward to it finally breaking tomorrow.

One bright note is that after tomorrow, I will never have to pay to get on the beach at Long Branch again!

(Not so for some other Jersey beaches, though.)

Old 07-30-2020, 12:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I finally saw my daughter for the first time since January. She came here from LI with her French bulldog and stayed for three days. Unfortunately, they were some of the worst three days we've had all summer, heatwise.

Although she lives near the ocean on the Island, she wanted to go to the Jersey shore. We went on Sunday night when it was cool enough to just walking along the Long Branch boardwalk and get her favorite gluten-free pizza at Scala's, and then the next morning we tried the beach. It was so horribly hot that you literally could not walk on the sand without pain, and the water was rough that day, unlike the previous days the week before when I'd gone and enjoyed calm water. The tide was coming in so we set our chairs at the waters edge and let the waves wash over us until our chairs started to become One With The Sand.

I cannot stand this heat. Can't go walking in the park, can't go the beach comfortable. Looking forward to it finally breaking tomorrow.

One bright note is that after tomorrow, I will never have to pay to get on the beach at Long Branch again!

the beaches become free when you become a certain age? you fishing for a happy birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! the free beach access makes getting older totally worth it!

im still going to work so im indoors most of the day. i take an hour to hang out outside and the sweat drips down my back from just standing there. my 6 year old angel daughter has been wanting to go in the pool when i get home from work. so the heat isnt bothering me so much but my wife complained that she was getting sweaty hanging outside with us.

my big problem is that my grass is suffering from this heat without rain. i dont want to pay for the kind of watering it needs to stay beautiful. plus a recent tree job left my front lawn f'd up (jerks left tree parts on my lawn for almost 4 weeks).

Old 07-30-2020, 02:31 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Quote:

Happy birthday!

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time with your daughter. Next time I'm in town, I will have to check out Scala. The restaurant does sound delicious.

I agree - this heat is too much! I'm looking forward to it breaking; I'm heading into Philadelphia on Saturday and look forward to walking around a bit. Cities when it's super hot are the worst!

Old 07-30-2020, 03:57 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
My refrigerator magnet: A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work.

Your daughter visited! Yay! She brought her dog. Double yay!

Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the beaches become free when you become a certain age? you fishing for a happy birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! the free beach access makes getting older totally worth it!

im still going to work so im indoors most of the day. i take an hour to hang out outside and the sweat drips down my back from just standing there. my 6 year old angel daughter has been wanting to go in the pool when i get home from work. so the heat isnt bothering me so much but my wife complained that she was getting sweaty hanging outside with us.

my big problem is that my grass is suffering from this heat without rain. i dont want to pay for the kind of watering it needs to stay beautiful. plus a recent tree job left my front lawn f'd up (jerks left tree parts on my lawn for almost 4 weeks).
My birthday is at the end of my screen name, and of course I'm not fishing for a "happy birthday", but thank you, thank you very much. I expect my subjects to remember it without prompting and declare it a holiday for themselves! You may take the day off this year.

I think we might be on water restrictions. Not sure.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My refrigerator magnet: A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work.

Your daughter visited! Yay! She brought her dog. Double yay!
Having a granddog is so much fun.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
My birthday is at the end of my screen name, and of course I'm not fishing for a "happy birthday", but thank you, thank you very much. I expect my subjects to remember it without prompting and declare it a holiday for themselves! You may take the day off this year.

I think we might be on water restrictions. Not sure.
there was some water restriction a couple weeks ago but i just set the sprinklers to start earlier so they would be done by the time it gets light out. i already cut the watering schedule so i wasnt about to cut it anymore. im not a fan of the water company here and not inclined to follow their directions.

hopefully it rains tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:56 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Having a granddog is so much fun.
I’ve got an old Frenchie at home. They’re great, except for all the shedding.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I’ve got an old Frenchie at home. They’re great, except for all the shedding.
how about the fact that they cant breathe properly? i dont understand how its ethical to breed dogs like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey