Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,125 times

Advertisements

I still can't understand how NJ has a budget deficit considering what residents pay in taxes here. If anything, we should have a budget surplus! I'm starting to see why people are leaving NJ by the droves. It seems like our leaders really want NJ to have a population of about 3 million by 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ah, no. Because unlike many other states, NJ doesn't have the process of recall in their state constitution. But, (and I think Badfish will back me up here) I wouldn't be in favor of it anyway. Do something about it, and vote the bum out. On election day next year, get his ass out. The right way: by majority vote. And you know what? If by some miracle you do, you will hear the sound of a champagne cork popping from 2200 miles west.
It's 2900 miles west but who's counting. You dont have a recall process? That sounds like something the Dictator bush would do to protect himself from the inevitable trail for war crimes he committed. Boy what one can do when one has the power.

But ya know what? Get rid of Corslime and then the next criminal comes in, then the next, then the next. NJ has a problem that is not fixable under current govt corruption practice. This is why I left NJ after 38 years born and raised. I still care about NJ and keep up on current events. But I also saw a losing battle with no hope. Ya gotta know when to quit. Throw in the ropes.

But many do not want to throw in the ropes and run like I did. Many have family and roots there. But there comes a point when one has to make a choice of being able to buy food for the table or pay property taxes and car insurance.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
This is why I left NJ after 38 years born and raised. I still care about NJ and keep up on current events. But I also saw a losing battle with no hope. Ya gotta know when to quit. Throw in the ropes.

But many do not want to throw in the ropes and run like I did. Many have family and roots there. But there comes a point when one has to make a choice of being able to buy food for the table or pay property taxes and car insurance.
I agree 100% with everything you've said. Even though I left NJ after 38 years, most of my family decided to remain. But as time goes on and as it gets harder and harder, many are starting to entertain the thought of relocating to another state. But the truth is, they really don't want to leave. They love NJ. They may have to though, especially my widowed mother.

And even though I left, I still have a lot of love for NJ, too. How could I not, having lived there all of my life? So it concerns me deeply and upsets me when I read up on these current events and the struggles that NJ residents are dealing with.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
Corzine has been a disaster for NJ, but it amazes me how so many people will go as far to "drink the Kool-Aid" for him. Mind boggling.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/DigeratiPrime/holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey