Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:49 AM

10,481 posts, read 6,999,249 times

Advertisements

The shore season has been artifically set from Memorial to Labor day for about 50 years now. As we all know the shore is always to cold until late June to even use. The month of September however has the best water temperatures and beach weather of the entire season, and the kids are back in school in hot classrooms not enjoying it. As a result, the Shore economy closes early during the best weeks of summer because of this.

If the school season delayed opening 3 weeks until ~September 28th, New Jerseys economy can use the benefit for families and vacationers to help NJ shore and the deterioted state economy. This will also allow the state to continue to heal from the Coronavirus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 01:51 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
That would also keep kids in schools well into July, when classrooms are also pretty damn hot

Old 07-28-2020, 02:35 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The shore season has been artifically set from Memorial to Labor day for about 50 years now. As we all know the shore is always to cold until late June to even use. The month of September however has the best water temperatures and beach weather of the entire season, and the kids are back in school in hot classrooms not enjoying it. As a result, the Shore economy closes early during the best weeks of summer because of this.

If the school season delayed opening 3 weeks until ~September 28th, New Jerseys economy can use the benefit for families and vacationers to help NJ shore and the deterioted state economy. This will also allow the state to continue to heal from the Coronavirus.
They sure are actually doesn’t close down any more in September, at least in Cape May and Atlantic county is it doesn’t. Ocean city has tons of shoulder season activities, the rides and boardwalk stores are still open, as well as life-guarded beaches. it’s packed every weekend through October. During the week is fairly busy as fall is when the homeowners themselves who rented their houses out all summer come down and finally use them. That is also when retirees, people with children who are past school-age and people with babies and toddlers come down.

September used to be the best kept secret at the shore. It used to be a fraction of the price to rent a house in September. It’s no longer the case. It’s not as much as July or August, but it’s nowhere near as inexpensive as it used to be. People have been planning vacations in September for a decade at least now in many shore towns down here.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:57 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

LOL, again, again with this stupid stuff?!

Old 07-29-2020, 05:42 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,842,197 times
Our children should be home-schooled, if only to avoid a cancerous progressive/liberal influence.

I went to a Catholic school, so.. If I can do it, so can you.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:36 PM

365 posts, read 423,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Our children should be home-schooled, if only to avoid a cancerous progressive/liberal influence.

That's just 1 of the reasons we went to home schooling. I WANT MY TAX MONEY BACK AND THEY CAN STICK THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:14 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post

were you an altar boy?

Old 08-02-2020, 07:52 PM

Some great examples in this thread of why not to home school.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
That's just 1 of the reasons we went to home schooling. I WANT MY TAX MONEY BACK AND THEY CAN STICK THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.
LOL, I hope your taxes double!

Old 08-03-2020, 09:26 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Some great examples in this thread of why not to home school.
Which ones and did they say THEY were homeschooled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey