Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times

Advertisements

Ok, anyone know whats up with the 5 point star on all these houses nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
I grew up in a log cabin and my mom was/is very into "country" decorating. They somehow became all the rage in that crowd a few years ago. We have a rusty one made of sheet metal over the barn doors of one of our outbuildings. I think its basically the same idea as those Amish hex signs that you see over barn doors in Dutch Country.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
I dont know if they have any significant meaning all I know is everyone has them, they sell them everywhere. I did like it at first but now its over kill. Why do you want me to buy you one as a house warming gift?

Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I dont know if they have any significant meaning all I know is everyone has them, they sell them everywhere. I did like it at first but now its over kill. Why do you want me to buy you one as a house warming gift?
Nah, we've got a horseshoe thing that says "welcome" one of her friends from the stable bought us.... I just have been seeing it everywhere, and I'd like to know where the whole thing came from, and why so many have it

Old 04-30-2008, 01:29 PM

I dont know who started making it but they had to have made a fortune........just a fad I say. Kinda like those inflatable Christmas decor things (which I despise) and now dont you notice the garden statues has been becoming a craze also? Where is your friend fish that nut is trashing him in 2 threads lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I dont know who started making it but they had to have made a fortune........just a fad I say. Kinda like those inflatable Christmas decor things (which I despise) and now dont you notice the garden statues has been becoming a craze also? Where is your friend fish that nut is trashing him in 2 threads lol.
I doubt it bothers him, anyone who quickly degenerates into name-calling because of their baseless comments isn't worth much more than cheap entertainment

Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I'm around...I've just moved on to more pleasant conversation. Speaking of those inflatables. I've always wanted to drive around with a pellet gun and eradicate them at Christmas time!!! What can I say, I'm a very bland, white lights kind of guy. No blinking, no running, no spelling "Merry Christmas" on the roof...lol

Old 04-30-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'm around...I've just moved on to more pleasant conversation. Speaking of those inflatables. I've always wanted to drive around with a pellet gun and eradicate them at Christmas time!!! What can I say, I'm a very bland, white lights kind of guy. No blinking, no running, no spelling "Merry Christmas" on the roof...lol
You make me laugh.....in our last house the people across the street had so many my husband wanted to take his bow out and get some target practice in. They just look so commercial and cartoonish......

Old 04-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I doubt it bothers him, anyone who quickly degenerates into name-calling because of their baseless comments isn't worth much more than cheap entertainment
I just read the latest and it's pretty hilarious. I read on another thread that our buddy VictorianPunk isn't moving for a year. This could provide endless amusement.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,524 times
So, I believe there is one thing we can be certain of... a barn star was viewed as a symbol of good luck to many farmers "way back when", as they are still viewed by many people today. The popularity of one or even multiple stars displayed on a garden wall, or side of one's home is a very popular decorative accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey