Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2020, 12:57 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times

Advertisements

https://www.nj.com/union/2020/08/dri...reservoir.html

Quote:
The driver of an SUV was killed in a two-vehicle crash on the Garden State Parkway early Sunday in Clark after he rear-ended a vehicle and crashed into trees, authorities said.

Brian Demeo, 49, of North Caldwell, was driving north near milepost 135.6 in Clark just after 1:10 a.m. when he struck the back of a car, veered of the road to the right and slammed through the guard rail and a metal chain link fence, according to State Police. The SUV then struck several trees and overturned into the Middlesex Reservoir.

Demeo, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from his vehicle during the crash. The driver and a passenger in the other vehicle suffered minor injuries.

Two right lanes of the northbound Parkway were closed for two hours as State Police investigated.
Once again, the 3 exits from Clark, Cranford, Linden are the most accident prone section on the GSP. It happens to be the widest areas with 5 lanes and a merging ramp for each. I always said, all they have to do is put some divider or tell drivers the minimum speed to merge should 40mph. I'm sick of people going 15mph and trying to merge and enter the GSP. The only positive about COVID19 is I no longer have to deal with morning commute crap but when I did drove in the morning last week. I saw the same BS and it wasn't as bad as the old days but it was enough to cause similar congestions.

The worst part and my guess is that someone going fast on the right or center lane tries to cut around and rear ends someone merging who is driving slowly. It is pretty much the same for all 3 exits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey