Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 10:57 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
You go after the businesses who isn't listening. You don't punish the whole state, your playing with people livelihoods.
It isn't just the businesses. It's everyone who isn't listening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Lucid much?

All those Relationships threads are now becoming crystal clear.
Wow. She/he/it has been on my ignore list forever. Now I remember why.

Old 09-06-2020, 02:21 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Lucid much?
All those Relationships threads are now becoming crystal clear.
I just took a look.
Yikes!
Those posts certainly explain... a lot.

Old 09-06-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
... and, that takes only the five worst flu seasons into account, but the anti-mask/anti-science/anti-social distancing crowd would prefer that we not deal with reality.

I was at my doctor's office a few days ago, for my annual physical, and she made the following statement:
"What's up with the people who are ready to engage in mayhem if they are not allowed to engage in mass gatherings?
All I want is to be able to see my kids who live in distant states, and to be able to attend the funerals of deceased relatives, but none of this will be possible if self-centered, science-denying people continue to function as disease vectors."

Old 09-06-2020, 07:56 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
The worst flu season in the last 100 years killed 60,000 people in the U.S. COVID-19 is approaching 200,000. We would need to add up the 5 worst flu seasons in the last 100 years to meet/exceed the death count from COVID-19.
Or we just add up the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69 and the Asian flu of 1957-58. Woodstock was held during the Hong Kong Flu.

Outbreaks end, and as far as New Jersey is concerned, this one is over. But people are still scared and hiding under the bed, and our governor insists we all do, even those of us who don't want to.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:41 PM

820 posts, read 972,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Or we just add up the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69 and the Asian flu of 1957-58. Woodstock was held during the Hong Kong Flu.

Outbreaks end, and as far as New Jersey is concerned, this one is over. But people are still scared and hiding under the bed, and our governor insists we all do, even those of us who don't want to.
And some of our friends here on CD clearly insists we do so also.

Old 09-07-2020, 01:40 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,570 times
Quote:

Your first point doesn't refute what I said. Op claimed that COVID-19 is just a little bit worse than the flu, and the data shows otherwise. Spread, deaths, damage - a new study also showed that something like 60% of asymptomatic COVID patients have lung damage.

As to your second, the vast majority of NJ is open for business. Indoor restaurants and gyms - the purpose of this thread - are open. The US and global caseload is still clearly high - New Jersey isn't an island and I haven't seen any studies that suggest we have herd immunity in the region. Taking precautions in public is rational.

Also, I'll just note that despite a number of posts with logic or data never attacking OP, OP has never directly responded to me. This whole thread reads and feels like a troll job.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:53 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Your first point doesn't refute what I said. Op claimed that COVID-19 is just a little bit worse than the flu, and the data shows otherwise. Spread, deaths, damage - a new study also showed that something like 60% of asymptomatic COVID patients have lung damage.
+1
Somehow, certain people believe that repeating misinformation converts that misinformation into something that is scientifically valid. On the other hand, there are... facts:

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/w...not-equivalent

https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...a-and-covid-19

https://asm.org/Articles/2020/July/COVID-19-and-the-Flu

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

Last edited by Retriever; 09-07-2020 at 07:05 AM..

Old 09-07-2020, 07:16 AM

50,781 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:

You say that a lot but I don’t know anyone scared to that degree. It’s pure hyperbole IMO.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:39 AM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You say that a lot but I don’t know anyone scared to that degree. It’s pure hyperbole IMO.
Of course it is, but given that the title of this thread is pure hyperbole, it gives the practitioners of hyperbole a place to put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey