Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 10:57 AM

4,180 posts, read 5,061,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I had to cut off a friend because i posted how i disagree with Phil Murphy with the Shutdown. He texted me and started going off and said he regretted being my friend and i was a toxic person tons of other insults. I kindly blocked him. It's sad this whole virus has turned people crazy and paranoid.
I had the same experience, but in the opposite direction -- I supported the shutdown, he didn't.

That said, we went from "flatten the curve" to "zero infections". The latter I do not support, as it is unattainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 11:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I had the same experience, but in the opposite direction -- I supported the shutdown, he didn't.

That said, we went from "flatten the curve" to "zero infections". The latter I do not support, as it is unattainable.
my wife just blocked my father in law on facebook because he commented on a picture that she was being irresponsible by not wearing masks and social distancing.

for the first few months of lockdown, we spent a lot of time with our neighbors who we are friends with. people mainly criticized them because i always went to work so i was toxic. my wife got pissed about the judgment but nobody was dropped from being friends. in the end, i spread the rona to nobody and we were able to keep sane and i think our quality of life actually was great this whole time. we were talking about it yesterday and people complaining about 2020 but i say that i am very fortunate that my quality of life for 2020 has been excellent. i feel sorry for the many people who are suffering.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:12 PM

820 posts, read 972,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my wife just blocked my father in law on facebook because he commented on a picture that she was being irresponsible by not wearing masks and social distancing.

for the first few months of lockdown, we spent a lot of time with our neighbors who we are friends with. people mainly criticized them because i always went to work so i was toxic. my wife got pissed about the judgment but nobody was dropped from being friends. in the end, i spread the rona to nobody and we were able to keep sane and i think our quality of life actually was great this whole time. we were talking about it yesterday and people complaining about 2020 but i say that i am very fortunate that my quality of life for 2020 has been excellent. i feel sorry for the many people who are suffering.
I am being a "selfish idiot" by going to Church every Sunday and work 5 days a week. You guys are not alone haha. I've cut off those toxic people too and don't miss them.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:37 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
We are still in a pandemic, regardless what you read. There are lots of carriers that are asymptomatic. It's like in the 80s-90s when straight people think they are immune to AIDS. You can't think like that.

We just need to stay vigilant for 1-2 years and the disease will be controlled if everyone just strictly adhere to the best practice recommendations. Other countries have successfully controlled transmission they have a very strict guideline and lockdown for several months. Now they are enjoying outdoor and indoor activities without much worrying about new cases. Here in the US, people just do whatever they believe in and it will never be under control because of too many ignorant and intolerant people. The more you don't believe in the virus, the more cases will keep popping up and you could be a spreader without knowing. Just keep being selfish and see how bad the economy will get because so many selfish people feel their liberties are more important than deal with isolation and being forced to put a towel on their face for a few months.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:13 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,061,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
...Other countries have successfully controlled transmission they have a very strict guideline and lockdown for several months...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sw...zsPDvPrXNZZnXU

Old 08-24-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
We are still in a pandemic, regardless what you read. There are lots of carriers that are asymptomatic. It's like in the 80s-90s when straight people think they are immune to AIDS. You can't think like that.

We just need to stay vigilant for 1-2 years and the disease will be controlled if everyone just strictly adhere to the best practice recommendations. Other countries have successfully controlled transmission they have a very strict guideline and lockdown for several months. Now they are enjoying outdoor and indoor activities without much worrying about new cases. Here in the US, people just do whatever they believe in and it will never be under control because of too many ignorant and intolerant people. The more you don't believe in the virus, the more cases will keep popping up and you could be a spreader without knowing. Just keep being selfish and see how bad the economy will get because so many selfish people feel their liberties are more important than deal with isolation and being forced to put a towel on their face for a few months.
Well, I’m one of those “ignorant” people that people like you complain about. For a 99.9% survival rate, I’m going out and living my normal life. I can pass any virus onto anybody, and I’ll take the 0.000001% chance of me or someone I know dying from it, if we even get it. Just you wait and see what damage you do to yourself by staying at home and the condescension of the way you’re speaking to me for going out and living my normal life. I might be going to the beach this weekend, I’m going to work tomorrow and I’m going to not one, but two, family parties this week. At Mass on Sundays, I take my mask off as soon as I sit down, as do many people in my packed Church. If you don’t like that, you stay home, but don’t you dare tell me how to live my life. It’s frankly none of your business.

Last edited by xxblue100; 08-24-2020 at 06:54 PM..

Old 08-24-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

You should try telling that to vision below me. They are very clearly delusional.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:58 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,753,453 times
Well, New York just reopened the gyms, too.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Well, New York just reopened the gyms, too.
Nice!!

Old 08-24-2020, 07:04 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Well, I’m one of those “ignorant” people that people like you complain about. For a 99.9% death rate, I’m going out and living my normal life. Just you wait and see what damage you do to yourself by staying at home. I might be going to the beach this weekend, I’m going to work tomorrow and I’m going to not one, but two, family parties this week. If you don’t like that, you stay home, but don’t you dare tell me how to live my life. It’s frankly none of your business.
Couldn't rep you again. I'm into my 50's now, so supposedly more at risk than you young whippersnappers. I don't care anymore - not about any of it. The response at this point in NJ is so over-the-top. We can't send our kids back to school because the teachers are all "scared". I swear their must be forking over a ton of $ to Murphy to keep up these ridiculous edicts. Europe went back to school and there hasn't been a single documented case of a student infecting a teacher, and NJ numbers and experience with the virus is similar. Certainly we're more like Europe in progression than the southwest.

I'm seriously going to start going into stores unmasked, not to buy anything, but just to make them throw me out. Time to start disobeying this crap if we can't move forward with the numbers we have now. And it's not low numbers because we're all masking and distancing. That's all just for show now. Teenagers have been hanging out with each other all summer. Camps and sports have resumed. People are having backyard parties. The private disregard needs to go public now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey