Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 12:50 AM

276 posts, read 747,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
I would pick Colts Neck in a heartbeat. It's such a beautiful safe town with nice open space, great quality of life, friendly people, and excellent schools. I know many people who relocated to Colts Neck and they absolutely love it there. There's something about the tranquility, privacy, and peace that is priceless. I also know people who live in Holmdel, but it always feels so congested there and has way too many hills and too many wooded areas. It all depends on what you are looking for and what your preferences are. Holmdel has a high asian population which my asian friend preferred for her children. Overall Holmdel is very spread out with areas being across Route 35 that look run down and boarder lower end towns. Quick story since Rt. 35 was mentioned, last summer I went to the shopping center that has the Carter's store in Holmdel on Route 35 with my sister and we were parked in our car when we noticed two African American men watching us from their parked car two cars away. We waited a few minutes and they still continued to watch/look over at us, I'm aware of my surroundings so I made my sister aware. Any way, I felt super uncomfortable to get out of the car so I made my sister do the return and I watched her go into the store and made sure she was safe. We parked pretty close to the front and she was in there for 25 minutes and the two African American men were still in their car looking over at me, so I texted her to make sure she runs back to our car when she exits the store. As soon as I see her come out of the store running back towards the car, I looked back at the men who were watching us and saw they exited their car and started walking towards our car, my sister literally got back into the car 1 second before I was able to quickly lock the doors and the African American man was standing directly at our window nearly giving me a heart attack he tried to open the car door handle and he came from behind my car! I literally stepped on the gas so fast and drove right off. It was a scary and weird situation that this actually happened to us in Holmdel out of all places! This was only a one time rare situation but regardless I will never shop in that shopping center again. I don't know what he wanted but really wished we reported it. It was shocking when it happened. So, if you buy in Holmdel just make sure you're far away from Route 35. I highly suggest picking Colts Neck though, the entire town and neighboring towns are fantastic. My friends who live in Colts Neck commute to north Jersey easily every day for work, they drive up taking Rt. 34 North to Aberdeen then to the Garden State Parkway exit. It's literally only 12-15 minute drive to the Parkway from CN and then your on the parkway really quick. Colts Neck is close driving distance to shopping and restaurants and only about 15-20 minutes away to the nearest beach which is great.
Thanks for all of the info - really appreciated it. I'll def. steer South Holmdel or CN

Old 09-05-2020, 03:32 PM

19,119 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
Overall Holmdel is very spread out with areas being across Route 35 that look run down and boarder lower end towns.
The municipality allows boarding houses to operate in Holmdel? I find that very surprising.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:52 PM

22 posts, read 24,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The municipality allows boarding houses to operate in Holmdel? I find that very surprising.
I wouldn't be surprised. There's actually a trailer park located directly behind a street in Holmdel. It's behind Palmer Court in Holmdel. Just wondering does anyone know if that trailer park belongs to Holmdel or Hazlet Township?

Old 09-06-2020, 07:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
I didn't realize that Holmdel has better / worse sections - is it that part of Holmdel itself, or Hazlet?
well, id say some communities within holmdel are nicer than others. there isnt a lot of holmdel above 35, just a few communities. a couple of them are townhome communities. im sure its fine enough there but probably not as nice. i wouldnt want to go deep south holmdel because i like the access to 35. im below 35 but within a mile of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey