Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 AM

11 posts, read 50,178 times

Advertisements

Whats the best marina for fishing around jersey city. I dont mind travelling for about 30-40 minutes. Also, I do not own a boat. So can anyone suggest me something. Also do I need a license for it?
Thank you very much for all your suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:07 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
I know NJ has fishing licenses... but thats about all I know

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
AHA!!! so you DON'T know everything!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Licenses are only required for freshwater fishing and only then if you are 16 or older. I'm assuming the Hudson, at that point, is considered salt water and not even brackish. However, I'd strictly catch and release! Oh and CuCullin, though I know the Fish and Game regs by heart, you can check out their website

NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife

Funny how we have a department of fish and wildlife dedicated solely to the preservation and enjoyment of the outdoors when we New Jerseyans hate them so much!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:29 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
AHA!!! so you DON'T know everything!!!
I never said I know everything... I said I'm always right

Old 05-01-2008, 01:27 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasu_666 View Post
Whats the best marina for fishing around jersey city. I dont mind travelling for about 30-40 minutes. Also, I do not own a boat. So can anyone suggest me something. Also do I need a license for it?
Thank you very much for all your suggestions
to answer your question, the closest boat would be out of perth amboy, then there is a larger group of boats out of Atlantic Highlands, there are also some in Belmar, Brielle and pt pleasant. Get a Star Ledger, they usually advertise in the sports section

Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
In Jersey City there are at least 3 marinas on the Hudson River. Liberty State Park has a huge Marina. Across from that is Liberty Harbor Marina with a couple of charter boats for daily rentals and north of that is the Newport Marina. I don't think Liberty State Park marina has any charter or party boats due to the fact that it's public land. But I might be wrong because now when I think of it they have sailing charters. Try calling any of the marinas I listed for additional information. Theres also several marinas in Bayonne which is close to Jersey City. No license required in this area due to it being salt water. JM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey