Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 09:25 AM

275 posts, read 212,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again, hindsight is 20/20. And there really were no alternatives that I can see. A hotel would not have worked as I’ve explained.
Oh there are.....what we don't have is the political will. Unfortunately, our very own lives have fallen within bipartisan mess. But the loss of lives could have been prevented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 10:29 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,556,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButkusRX View Post
As of April 6,2020 the hospital ship USNS Comfort,docked at New York's pier 90,and the US Army hospital at the Jacob K.Javits Center,began accepting COVID-19 patients.

These two facilities alone provided 1500+ fully staffed and equipped beds that could have been used to care for convalescing COVID-19 patients.
In the month that the USNS Comfort was in New York there was only a TOTAL of 182 patients admitted to the ship's hospital,of which only 70% were COVID-19 patients. The Javits Center hospital was also greatly underutilized and never reached 40% of capacity.

The earliest outbreak and deaths due to COVID-19 in this country occurred at a nursing home in Kirkland,Washington.So right from the get go it was known that nursing homes were terribly vulnerable to the virus.
With unused hospital beds available elsewhere,it's unfathomable how Murphy & Cuomo could decide to order inadequately equipped nursing homes to admit known COVID-19 patients.
The whole thing became a political maneuver. The media didn't cover nor investigated how Cuomo failed to use Federal resources. Go look up videos, Cuomo blamed Trump for not giving NYC 30,000 ventilators. He said they only gotten 1200 but Trump said he sent 2000 and if needed the Comfort ship can provide more help. Then the epidemic really started to unfold at the nursing homes, people who worked there brought the virus to the public and to their families. Why was so many blacks and latinos affected? Because they make up most of the nursing home workers.

Cuomo continued to ignore the cases popping up in nursing homes around the state. Murphy was caught up too, they didn't do anything until the bodies over piled up in those homes.

Trump or the Feds did as much as they could to help, I have to say Trump was honestly trying to help and Cuomo was just playing politics. Cuomo then blamed Trump for not shutting down flights. They already stopped Chinese from flying in but the democrats would not allow Europeans to be blocked. Remember what a big deal in Fed when the TSA was trying to screen British tourists from coming in? It was a huge mess. Everything the Fed was trying to do was overwhelmed by whiners.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:26 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,249,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The whole thing became a political maneuver. The media didn't cover nor investigated how Cuomo failed to use Federal resources. Go look up videos, Cuomo blamed Trump for not giving NYC 30,000 ventilators. He said they only gotten 1200 but Trump said he sent 2000 and if needed the Comfort ship can provide more help. Then the epidemic really started to unfold at the nursing homes, people who worked there brought the virus to the public and to their families. Why was so many blacks and latinos affected? Because they make up most of the nursing home workers.

Cuomo continued to ignore the cases popping up in nursing homes around the state. Murphy was caught up too, they didn't do anything until the bodies over piled up in those homes.

Trump or the Feds did as much as they could to help, I have to say Trump was honestly trying to help and Cuomo was just playing politics. Cuomo then blamed Trump for not shutting down flights. They already stopped Chinese from flying in but the democrats would not allow Europeans to be blocked. Remember what a big deal in Fed when the TSA was trying to screen British tourists from coming in? It was a huge mess. Everything the Fed was trying to do was overwhelmed by whiners.
Trump sends a Navy hospital ship to NYC that can't take COVID patients in the middle of the pandemic and you think he wasn't playing politics?

Old 09-12-2020, 11:10 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,004,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
I had to re-read this to see if it was maybe, a joke? NJ not ghetto? PUHHLLEEEZE! Camden, Newark, many parts of Jersey City, Trenton, Elizabeth, many parts of Atlantic City...not to mention lower degree ghetto/trashy places such as Dover, Hudson County areas, parts of the Plainfield area...shall I go on? You have got to be kidding.

Also, how can anyone be "happy" to live in a state that counts itself among the states with the highest property taxes in the country, the dreadful "affordable housing" court mandate which essentially destroys local democracy and local township sovereignty, thereby forcing low income types and ghetto trash into the once-nice suburban areas, fees for everything, rules rules rules and more rules except for criminal thugs who get a slap on the wrist (if prosecuted at all)? If you suffer a home invasion in NJ, good luck because there is no castle doctrine and the criminal has the upper hand.

Christie was a disaster for NJ, as is Murphy. NJ voters are similar to NY voters: dumb and ignorant. They continue to vote for the same crooks who raise taxes and go after honest business owners rather than violent thugs and other undesirables.

NJ also has too many Section 8 types now in every town, whether you want to or not. As if all of the above were not enough of a turn-off, it's also expensive as hell to live in NJ, so you basically are either very wealthy or poor, very few in between (those who are tend to be public employees, milking the taxpayer).

I would never spend my hard earned money buying property in a tyrannical state like NJ.

Yes, NJ definitely has a lot of ghetto and unsafe areas, but they are very clear-cut for the most part. You can avoid the bad areas and the good areas are truly good with almost zero crime. Not the case with California and many other states, where ghettos aren’t easily apparent and societal problems (homelessness, crime, drug use, etc.) can be seen almost everywhere. The good parts of NJ are truly a bubble.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,556,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Trump sends a Navy hospital ship to NYC that can't take COVID patients in the middle of the pandemic and you think he wasn't playing politics?
What kinda stuff you're smoking, I like to get some. Those hospital beds were empty including the onshore temp camp setup by the navy remained empty. Did NY really have that many covid19 patients? How many really died of covid19? People say China covered up wuhan, we like to know how much cover ups did Cuomo do as well. Do we really need to lock down everything when there's really less covid19 deaths than flu or cancer deaths? A lot of people died of serious illnesses because the hospitals refused to operate on serious cases due to covid19.

Old 09-13-2020, 01:21 AM

1,841 posts, read 1,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
Yes, NJ definitely has a lot of ghetto and unsafe areas, but they are very clear-cut for the most part. You can avoid the bad areas and the good areas are truly good with almost zero crime. Not the case with California and many other states, where ghettos aren’t easily apparent and societal problems (homelessness, crime, drug use, etc.) can be seen almost everywhere. The good parts of NJ are truly a bubble.
I really miss NJ for this. The safest places on Earth except for its ghetto areas, which are nice and segregated away from everything. I live in California now and everywhere here including some suburbanites are ghetto and people just want to rob you and I see tons of homeless men carrying large backpacks every day. I miss the bubble I lived in where I didn't have to deal with this.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,249,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What kinda stuff you're smoking, I like to get some. Those hospital beds were empty including the onshore temp camp setup by the navy remained empty. Did NY really have that many covid19 patients? How many really died of covid19? People say China covered up wuhan, we like to know how much cover ups did Cuomo do as well. Do we really need to lock down everything when there's really less covid19 deaths than flu or cancer deaths? A lot of people died of serious illnesses because the hospitals refused to operate on serious cases due to covid19.
Ironic conspiracy word soup after accusing me of smoking for stating a cite-able fact. Are you triggered? I noticed you did not answer my question, which I'll take as tacit agreement. As for the rest of it, the USS Comfort arrived at the peak of NY's COVID hospitalizations and refused to take COVID patients for at least a week as hospitalizations began to decline. COVID testing capacity and speed were woefully inadequate at that time and too many COVID-19 patients were asymptomatic, so hospitals had no ability to segregate COVID/Non-COVID patients coming into the ER. Hospitals had to admit a patient and approve the transfer to the Navy ship. The logic isn't hard here - hospital capacity started improving as patients were finally leaving faster than they were coming, and hospitals didn't want to deal with unreasonable requirements to transfer patients to the federal facilities. There has never been reporting that Cuomo was involved in patient transfer decisions.

Your claim that there were fewer COVID deaths than flu is full on ignorance. 200,000 COVID-19 deaths in 2020 vs 35,000 flu deaths in 2019. There were a large number of excess deaths in 2020 while most of the country was locked down, which knocked out normal causes like car accidents. At this point, medical care has been open and available for longer than we were locked down.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:30 AM

3,414 posts, read 1,804,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Everyone I know has left or wants to leave California. Same goes for NJ and NY, something about being blue.
I left recently, and, honestly, it is hard for me to justify even going back to get my other car. It really is. Part of me wants to go get it, drive it back with a 2nd driver behind me in my other one. The other part wants to just leave it there.

My very soul tells me I made the right move and I just told my family this yesterday. I can actually breathe now.

To the NJians.. Verily, I say, you have your reward.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:06 AM

50,310 posts, read 35,948,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I agree. I was shocked by the number of homeless everywhere when I was in Houston. Even in the suburbs sitting in front of every Walgreens etc. And the section 8 stuff is BS, they are mostly in apartment complexes and no plans to get put them next door in suburban neighborhoods, that’s just more fear mongering manipulation for political purposes.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:25 AM

19,053 posts, read 25,174,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Air quality in CA is not too safe and yesterday it was so bad where everything was red and everything looked like night at 9 AM.

Here is an update on the otherworldly atmosphere currently existing in CA:

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e=morning_brew

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey