Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2020, 07:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBobTX View Post
No I don't see the Government as my parent. If you want to live in a society without rules and regulations, I suggest (as I have been doing earlier) move out of the USA.

We already have an opiod epidemic, legalize that and it all gets worse. All because you want to get high. Grow up.
its not about getting high, its about government having too much power and control over our lives. you seem to believe that its ok for the government to violate your liberty if it is in the name of protecting you (even if its from yourself). that is a very big government position. unlike you, i believe that the government is a mere service provider and should be as small as possible to carry out its duties.

also, the war on drugs has clearly been a total failure. we would probably have better outcomes with full legalization of all drugs. however, my position doesnt depend on what outcomes are better from that perspective. even if more people get addicted and more bad things happen, the government still lacks the right to punish us for consuming something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 11:32 AM

34,005 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
No I don't see the Government as my parent. If you want to live in a society without rules and regulations, I suggest (as I have been doing earlier) move out of the USA.

We already have an opiod epidemic, legalize that and it all gets worse. All because you want to get high. Grow up.
Opiod epidemic? You realize a lot of people got hooked off of heroin because their legally-prescribed oxys and percs got too expensive once they got addicted to them? That's a big part of how the opiod crisis got started.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Opiod epidemic? You realize a lot of people got hooked off of heroin because their legally-prescribed oxys and percs got too expensive once they got addicted to them? That's a big part of how the opiod crisis got started.
they make it so difficult to get prescription pain medication that i can definitely see people turning to black market drugs to get relief. i hurt my back 2 weeks ago and went to the doctor and he gave me prescription strength alleve. its just like taking 2.5 alleves, a joke. i remember when my wife had her c section they gave like a week's worth of percocets. do they think that everyone is just going to suffer through the pain because they are our overlords and tell us that we cant have appropriate pain medication?

Old 12-05-2020, 12:42 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,998,912 times
fentanyl for everyone! Just go into CVS and buy it over the counter....

Old 12-05-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
fentanyl for everyone! Just go into CVS and buy it over the counter....
ever hear of amazon?

Old 12-05-2020, 01:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
I love The Police!

Here's "one" that goes very well with 2020: https://tinyurl.com/y6nrfldf

Old 12-05-2020, 07:34 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
...if drugs were decriminalized, the amount of criminal behavior would skyrocket...
Says who ?

Old 12-05-2020, 10:03 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Say's me.
Typical "holier than thou" attitude of a LEO, with no facts to back it up.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:20 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
I genuinely would see things from your perspective but I can't fit my head that far up my rear end. You probably didn't qualify for your stimulus check because you seem like the type that has an issue paying taxes.
You didn't have to pay taxes to get a stimulus check.

I have to ask myself why I read some of these discussions.

Old 12-06-2020, 03:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,976 times
If most opioid overdose deaths are due to highly potent synthetics getting cut in, doesn't it stand to reason that we'd see fewer overdose deaths if opioids were available through legitimate supply chains? Also, why would an addict commit crimes to get their fix if they have a reliable, safe supply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey