Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
These folks are in their early 70s I would guess, but I get your point. Thank you!
play loud music at 11pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 10:14 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
play loud music at 11pm.
They're almost deaf, they won't hear it.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:04 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I'm probably the trillionth person to ask a question like this on a site like this, but I'm having an issue with a noisy neighbor. I live in a condo, and this couple always speaks loudly right outside my window. At first, I thought they had hearing issues as they are on the older side, but I've noticed they sometimes speak with this younger person who also speaks loudly in the same place. They sometimes make a ton of noise in their unit, and we've made them aware of those noises (nicely) but nothing changes. They rent, so I've thought of contacting their landlord but I'm not sure I want to go that route though I might not have a choice. I've also considered writing them a note pointing out the township noise ordinance. Clearly, nicely asking them to keep the noise level down hasn't worked.

Any advice?
Well...that could still mean they have hearing issues because the younger person might be speaking loudly so that they can hear him or her. I had to shout at my mother to be heard, and I expect that in a few years, my daughter will have to shout at me.

Your last sentence is a bit perplexing. I get that you've said something about the noise in their unit, but have you said anything about them speaking loudly right outside your window? They likely have no idea they are disturbing you.

Yes, maybe a note, not nasty, no threats, just "I don't think you realize it, but when you have conversations right outside my window, it comes through very loudly and I can hear everything you say. Would you be so kind as to conduct your conversations elsewhere? Thanks."

If that doesn't work, then yes, go to the window, open it, and start joining in the conversation as Gerania suggested. If it gets worse and you don't care anymore about maintaining a friendly relationship, go to the window with your phone and start videoing their conversation. LOL. Bet they'll move.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:05 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
The most common noises are law mowers then car radios or people I see sitting on door steps with their portable speakers.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:29 PM

98 posts, read 117,016 times
TBH, you're just playing a game of whack a mole. You resolve noise issue with one neighbor, another pops up next year down the hall. This is expected when you live in a condo / apartment (more likely people rent out condos). Depending on your floor, your subjected to noise above/below and sides. Your next better option would be a townhouse as you'll have only two sides of noise exposure and obviously best option is SFH. I would say however depending on your location of SFH you can still have neighbors who likes to be asses and play music 7am in the morning or throw heavy loud parties (tend to be in trashy neighborhoods)

Old 10-12-2020, 06:57 PM

146 posts, read 123,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It's funny but I always figured that unless you live in a McMansion, then you have to deal with your share of noise too.

Because when people have a house, they figure they can just hang out in their backyard all hours.

I'm reticent to complain too quickly because when I was younger, I used to go to parties, and we'd stay up all hours in somebody's backyard or rooftop drinking and talking.

But ... there's also certain area/towns where you expect that to be the case ... and those where you expect more peace and quiet at night.

Reluctant, not "reticent."

Old 10-12-2020, 07:08 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
get a gun and german sheperd

Old 10-12-2020, 10:08 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
get a gun and german sheperd
And then what?

Old 10-13-2020, 12:19 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
And then what?

I don't know....

maybe they will stop being noisy after that

Old 10-13-2020, 02:14 AM

1,014 posts, read 786,397 times
When i lived in this house the people down the street always had a party/get together for hours every night no matter how cold it was outside. They would have a little fire and you can hear them laugh and talk loudly and the music would be loud.

The apartment the neighbors are pot heads and they smoke at all hours of the day living room hallway smells like weed all the time.

Its annoying there's always an issue with someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey