Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 08:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He got Regeneron Antibody treatment which is still experimental.

"Trump said that after contracting the virus, he was “not in the greatest of shape.” He added that “I might not have recovered at all” without treatment with experimental drugs."

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...fc312a27ff9137
i knew he got that, im not sure how possible or impossible it is for others to get. clearly, he should not have access to drugs that the general public wouldnt have access to.

i think in most circumstances we do have access to equivalent care as a president. however, this is a unique instance (i think) where we have drugs in development that would be desirable for a president to take and have access to that we wouldnt. its disgusting. there is a vp if the president dies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 09:04 AM

1,141 posts, read 856,433 times
Hoboken NJ - Just announced....All Bars/Restaurants must close at midnight

I was under the impression they were already closing by that time. Anyway, since virus spike is NOT FROM BARS, this continues to be a liberal power grab!

Old 10-27-2020, 09:12 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
man, i absolutely hate going up to a bar surrounded by people having to beg for the attention of a bartender. as a married guy with kids, it happens a lot less than it did when i was single but it still happens and i hate it so much.

not that the government has any right to implement restrictions anyway but its better if those people get the rona. one way out of this is with some form of herd immunity by people getting it. isnt that what so many people are hiding in their homes waiting for?

I can't tell if you're trolling me or not, but yea I agree with this. I still like going to bars but having to stand there waiting 10 minutes for a beer isn't a very enjoyable experience. I guess that part was never really enjoyable but that's where the girls are so we tolerated it. I think this is one of the reasons I enjoy the brewery scene so much. Much more relaxed atmosphere and I can even bring my kids.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Hoboken NJ - Just announced....All Bars/Restaurants must close at midnight

I was under the impression they were already closing by that time. Anyway, since virus spike is NOT FROM BARS, this continues to be a liberal power grab!

How did you determine that the virus spike is not from bars?

Old 10-27-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I can't tell if you're trolling me or not, but yea I agree with this. I still like going to bars but having to stand there waiting 10 minutes for a beer isn't a very enjoyable experience. I guess that part was never really enjoyable but that's where the girls are so we tolerated it. I think this is one of the reasons I enjoy the brewery scene so much. Much more relaxed atmosphere and I can even bring my kids.
if you arent bothered by my post then im not trolling you (though being bothered doesnt necessarily mean i am trolling you). but im a top tier troll, if im trolling then someone is bothered.

nowadays we mostly go out with other couples and sit at tables. if we are hanging out at a bar, its probably because we have a large group and have taken over the bar or rented the place. sometimes we will go from dinner at a restaurant to a bar which puts me at risk of begging for bartender attention.

im not sure why but i havent been to the local breweries. i think there are two in my area, source and something else. i hope to go there soon since i hear its fun. i also very much like going to people's houses (or my house) where our kids can play while the adults drink. ill go anywhere and be happy as long as im not begging for bartender attention.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:09 AM

607 posts, read 553,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
If 74 year old Trump can beat coronavirus with 3 therapeutics in 3 days anyone can.
The vast majority of overweight, 70-something year olds, have little issue with Covid. It's just not that deadly.

I'll make the comparison to the flu, though I expect many of you are tired of this trope:

The flu kills a lot of people every year, mostly old and infirmed...yet we don't think ANYTHING of it. No masks, no social distancing, clustering, random exchanges of body fluids without a care.

Now my understanding is that the death rate is rather higher for Covid, but it's still extremely low, almost nothing for young people.

I understand why we locked down initially because we didn't have a lot of information on the virus or effective treatments.

But it doesn't make sense to go about our lives with a disease that 99.9999% survive excepting a small part of the population (old/infirmed).

When we shut down the economy, drive people to depression, drugs and suicide killing small businesses over a disease that well over 99% survive (agani excepting a relatively small segment of the population).

The response just isn't proportional to the threat.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:14 AM

i wonder how many people would have died if we didnt implement any social distancing requirements or other mandates. i did a quick search and didnt find a decent attempt to figure it out.

this isnt assuming no precautions wouldnt be taken. just what would be taken without government mandates.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:19 AM

Check out Kane in Ocean Township

Old 10-27-2020, 10:19 AM

34,016 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eristic1 View Post
The vast majority of overweight, 70-something year olds, have little issue with Covid. It's just not that deadly.

I'll make the comparison to the flu, though I expect many of you are tired of this trope:

The flu kills a lot of people every year, mostly old and infirmed...yet we don't think ANYTHING of it. No masks, no social distancing, clustering, random exchanges of body fluids without a care.

Now my understanding is that the death rate is rather higher for Covid, but it's still extremely low, almost nothing for young people.

I understand why we locked down initially because we didn't have a lot of information on the virus or effective treatments.

But it doesn't make sense to go about our lives with a disease that 99.9999% survive excepting a small part of the population (old/infirmed).

When we shut down the economy, drive people to depression, drugs and suicide killing small businesses over a disease that well over 99% survive (agani excepting a relatively small segment of the population).

The response just isn't proportional to the threat.
We still don't...

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-27-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Check out Kane in Ocean Township
i think that is the other one. you see a lot of the local ones showing up in bars/restaurants that i go to these days. most of them are gross IPAs though. i think most people are pretending when they say they are good. i see on their site they have ones that i would probably like but restaurants will typically only carry one from a particular brewery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey