Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 06:30 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I think it’s a shame he’s no longer around. He was definitely a troll, but at least an entertaining one. He brought some value to the forum
Personal attacks are not tolerated. He moved into that realm due to his particular brand of extreme politics.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 06:42 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Personal attacks are not tolerated. He moved into that realm due to his particular brand of extreme politics.
He made personal attacks--on me and a few other people--all of which were apparently tolerated for several years by the former mod. Also, some of his non-political posts were just such obvious trolling attempts that I am amazed it took so long to put an end to his extremism. Luckily, more observant recent moderation ended his reign of trolling.

Old 01-02-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I think it’s a shame he’s no longer around. He was definitely a troll, but at least an entertaining one.
Were you around when "Flakey Boy" (I don't recall his exact screen name, but it contained the word "flake", and several forum members referred to him as "Flakey Boy") posted in this forum? Among other things, he informed us--frequently--that:

Any woman who didn't want to go out with him was a "wh*re" (slang term for prostitute).
Any company that didn't want to hire him was staffed by incompetents.
The reason that he was stopped so often, and that he had accumulated a lot of points on his license, was that "all cops are corrupt".

That type of Psychodrama-like blather revealed more about him than he probably realized, and it might have been entertaining (to some folks) in the short term, but--unfortunately--his presence was tolerated for several years. Like counterfeit money, eventually he was taken out of circulation.

Old 01-02-2023, 01:52 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
He made personal attacks--on me and a few other people--all of which were apparently tolerated for several years by the former mod. Also, some of his non-political posts were just such obvious trolling attempts that I am amazed it took so long to put an end to his extremism. Luckily, more observant recent moderation ended his reign of trolling.
As I recall, he was kind of an anarchist. He didn't seem to trust much of any realm of society.

Old 01-02-2023, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
As I recall, he was kind of an anarchist. He didn't seem to trust much of any realm of society.
IMO, he was a Faux Anarchist, who used that persona as one of his several modes for trolling.
In essence... anything to "get a rise" from those who were easily taken-in by his attempts.

Old 01-03-2023, 12:19 AM

39 posts, read 24,644 times
South jersey is comparable to most of middle America in a sense. Aside from the shore, there’s nothing all that special about it. I’ve lived in Jackson during a part of my childhood and it’s just quintessential America. North jersey has a lot more culture and character imo. I agree that it is out of reach for people on a budget who have no intention of reaping the benefits of NYC, but it is a place that generally gets people moving. It’s not like middle America where people are generally stagnant. People in NNJ are either forced to figure out a way to live here comfortably until they can retire wherever they want or simply just move somewhere that’s simpler.

Last edited by AnubisMoon; 01-03-2023 at 12:41 AM..

Old 01-03-2023, 05:37 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
You belong IN the city with that attitude.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-03-2023, 06:54 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
The real South Jersey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

Old 01-03-2023, 08:19 AM

1,057 posts, read 547,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It was comical how he always bragged that he bought a townhouse in Holmdel rather than a stand alone house in Hazlet or other nearby towns.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
It was comical how he always bragged that he bought a townhouse in Holmdel rather than a stand alone house in Hazlet or other nearby towns.
He also boasted about his ability to tailgate other cars in perfect safety, because he was such a superior driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey