Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 AM

55 posts, read 355,889 times

Advertisements

The taxes stated were 4,000 to 5,200 depending on model. There happened to be an open house there this weekend (Century 21) so we stopped in. Their sale sheet stated 9,000 in taxes. I questioned the realtor and she said Monroe did a tax restructure in 07, and the taxes now would be around 5,000, which falls in line with what Centex is saying.

We put a hold on a lot and have until Thursday to decide. We will probably go for it. We ahve looked at 55+ communities in PA, down the NJ shore, western NJ, and so far this place seems to pull it all together in what we want. Also closer to my kids and grandkids, so we can still go to the parties, soccer games, etc. without a 2 hour drive.

The new home prices have been cut, and there are good incentives on options. They have also upgraded their std. features to include ceramic tile in the kitchen and baths, hardwood floors in the living areas and carpet in the bedrooms. Also includes ALL new Whirlpool appliances, granite countertops and more.

We were there on Saturday and Sunday looking at the models. They sold 3 sites by Sunday afternoon, and the sales mgr. said it was one of their busiest weekends in a long time. He thinks people figure the market has hit bottom and is starting to pick up again. Hope he's right.

There is a small deli inside the club house and we had lunch there. Operated by resident volunteers, and all profits go back into the development. The lady working there said she paid much more for her house 2 years ago than what they are selling for now. She wishes she could sell hers for what she paid and turn around and buy a new one.

To answer your question, yes we did buy, but not committed until Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM

47 posts, read 212,720 times
jobrien79 - Was your downpayment in Renaissance Homes? How are they compared to Centex. I checked the NJ taxes and most houses were over 7,500. The tax assessor said once you buy the house, they come and re-assess it. I loved Centex but am so afraid that once I buy it, the taxes will be higher then I was told. We can't afford 7,500.00 in taxes and then the HOA? I would love to hear more about the house you bought. Where do you live now? My email address is: irisbobi@hotmail.com

Take care. Iris

Old 07-28-2008, 12:09 PM

We are in Renaissance at Monroe, which is a Centex Homes development. They have another development about 10 minutes away called Renaissance at Cranbury Crossing. Same builder, only 158(?) homes. But no indoor pool, and houses are $12,000 cheaper.

I questioned the taxes with the salesman, and he said they actually went to current home owners to find out what they are paying for each of their models. They then took the average for each model and that is what they are using as approx. taxes. The largest models are about $5,200, according to their sheet.

We are looking at the Kensington or Wellington models, their largest models. The website is www.centexhomes.com and then look under the NJ listings.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 11,812 times
Aside from the indoor pool, can anyone tell me the major differences in the Renaissance at Monroe vs. Renaissance at Cranbury Crossings? Also, what about the location of each? Pros/Cons?

Thanks so much.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:55 AM

Renaissance at Monroe (RM)has 348 homes, I believe Renaissance at Cranbury (RCC)has 155 homes.

RM has a manned security gate. Now it's 24 hours, but changing to only manned from until 8pm, then it goes to a keypad system like they have at RCC.

The price of the same house is cheaper in RCC.

To me, RM is more "country" setting, farmland across the road (rt.33) while RCC is more developed around the area.

We first looked at RCC but then bought in RM due to the indoor pool, which my wife thinks she will use. We'll see.

Other than that, same houses, same builder.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Centex in Monroe

Hi jobrien79: Did you move in yet? We still haven't sold our house and really like the Wellington but as I said before, were concerned about how high the taxes were. Now that you bought, do you actually know what the taxes will be in the Wellington? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Iris Maybe if the taxes aren't as high as it says on the internet we would be neighbors. Good luck!!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Our house will not be ready until 3/31/09. We bought the Wellington without the loft option

The people I spoke to already living in the development said their taxes were around $5,000 so that is what I am going by. Hopefully we will be close to that.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 11,812 times
jobrien79,

Thank you so much for the info on RM and RCC. Although I would use an indoor pool, it probably is not a deal breaker for me. Now I will concentrate on taking a closer look at the surrounding area. I will actually be looking forward to lower taxes...down from $22K. Sure will be nice.

Thanks again and best wishes in your new home!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 AM

8 posts, read 35,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irismike View Post
Thanks for your response. I live in NY on Long Island and have everything right there and was concerned since I didn't see anything right by Centrex. Thanks again. Any info about doctors, hospitals, etc. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Being a realtor and resident, I have seen many New Yorkers (my family moved from Brooklyn) move to Monroe Township.

Centex Builder of Renassince Adult 55 has an excellent reputation.
Monroe Twp, is centrally located. The nearby major hospitals are Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick and Princeton Medical Center in Princeton. Having a very large adult community population has brought many doctors to have satellite offices in Monroe Twp.

As one e-mail indicated there is Stop and Shop located in the Concordia Shopping Center among many other stores and banks.

Applegarth Road has seen much major development recently. Upcoming is another major supermarket...Rumor has it might be a Shoprite of Wegman.

Our community has a wonderful senior center and there is a bus transportation schedule (free of charge to our seniors ) to various shopping malls, etc.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 AM

Default Centex at Monroe

We really like the Centex homes in Monroe (the one with the swimming pool) we were interested in the Wellington with the left and were told the taxes were around 6,000. However, I was given a website that checks real estate taxes and everyone that I checked, their taxes were at least 7,500 to 9,000. Most of these houses were bought in I believe 2005 or 2006. This list was from the assessor. How is this possible. We really can't afford taxes that are over 7,500. What is the cost of the HA now?

The community was great and I wish we could move there. We would only be a little over an hour from our daughter which would be great but we are afraid of hight taxes.

Can you clear this up.

Actually time wise or mileage how far are the hospitals and shopping? My husband has a heart condition that's why I want to know. Thanks so much. Would love to live there. Iris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey