Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM

18 posts, read 115,671 times

Advertisements

I would recommend Cinnaminson or Delran. Schools are pretty good. Cherry Hill property taxes are insane and there are some nice areas and not as nice, so look around at the conditions of the houses.

Also, P-Way and Highland Park will be a lot more expensive, and they are not as nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 01:10 PM

38 posts, read 135,827 times
I would consider Vineland great location right in between Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and very diverse,great place to raise a family the reason why the homes are cheap FYI is because that's considered rural and most of it is Farmland and Country. Not like North Jersey or even central that's close to NYC. Also there's no jobs down there so BEWARE!! that's why houses are so cheap don't nobody want to live down there.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:25 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
We live in Cherry Hill. Although, if we had children they would go to Cherry Hill West High School instead of Cherry Hill East, it is still a top-ranking school.

We live in the 08002 zip of Cherry Hill which is considered the cheapest out of the three. My street is beautiful, very well kept homes and your budget would definately take you there.

I don't know how the commute up 295 would be since I don't commute for work.

Good luck! I am originally from Monmouth County and so far, I love it here.

~Shanny

Old 05-07-2008, 05:15 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
We live in Cherry Hill. Although, if we had children they would go to Cherry Hill West High School instead of Cherry Hill East, it is still a top-ranking school.

We live in the 08002 zip of Cherry Hill which is considered the cheapest out of the three. My street is beautiful, very well kept homes and your budget would definately take you there.

I don't know how the commute up 295 would be since I don't commute for work.

Good luck! I am originally from Monmouth County and so far, I love it here.

~Shanny
If they are commuting during usual times, my guess is they would hit traffic both ways as that is the way everyone is going... North in the morning and South coming home.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,685 times
The commute to Hamilton would be fine. 295 north in the morning is free-flowing north of route 70 and southbound in the afternoon is fine until about route 73. You could also use the NJTPK which is fine during the rush in S.J. Going northbound in the AM you don't really hit traffic until exit 13 barring any accidents.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM

622 posts, read 3,112,881 times
I would look at Marlton as well. It's in Burlington county which has less property taxes than Camden county. I'm considering Marlton due to the reasonable home prices, good schools and low(er) taxes combination.

I quickly did a search on realtorcom and found 72 homes from $250 -$300 k The lowest price ($250k) on the list had 3bd 2 bth. Not bad. and it went up from there. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:46 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey? View Post
I would look at Marlton as well. It's in Burlington county which has less property taxes than Camden county. I'm considering Marlton due to the reasonable home prices, good schools and low(er) taxes combination.

I quickly did a search on realtorcom and found 72 homes from $250 -$300 k The lowest price ($250k) on the list had 3bd 2 bth. Not bad. and it went up from there. Good luck.
If someone can get a stand alone home in Marlton from 250 to 300k, they'd best be advised to jump on it, because IMO that's a great bargin. Most of Marlton is very desirable, particularly the Evesham area.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvrain View Post
My husband and I are currently looking for a home. We currently live in an apartment in Bergen County (Teaneck) with our 8 year old son, and are considering a move to South Jersey. We are looking to stay within the 275k-300k range. I am surprised at the prices in Willingboro and Sicklerville, and am wondering if there is something else going on in these towns, contributing to the low home prices. Are there other towns down there that we should consider? Top priorities for me are a decent school system and a diverse environment. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
I recently moved to burlington twsp 1 year ago....I absolutely love the development I am living in. However, the $$$ value for houses right now are at a great low...the property taxes and outrageous. I have a 2000 sf home in Bridle Club with a $3737 mortgage. Property taxzes run me $7000 a year. well worth it though....the school district is fantastic, I highly recommend it! Happy hunting

Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I agree with you Billb, especially after your post about your property taxes. When you consider the entire picture (housing affordability, schools, commute to Philly area, etc) I think Cinnaminson is possibly the best bargin in the state of NJ. Sicklerville to me is a big turn off. It always has been.

If you don't mind doing a little work, there's a house exactly like mine for 199K, from what I've heard the people were old, and heavy smokers. Probably needs kitchen, and bath updating, as well as a coat of Killz

The new light rail makes public transportation convenient.. I hate busses LOL.

I grew up in Sea Isle City and my wife came from Medford, we couldn't afford to live in either.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
If you don't mind doing a little work, there's a house exactly like mine for 199K, from what I've heard the people were old, and heavy smokers. Probably needs kitchen, and bath updating, as well as a coat of Killz

The new light rail makes public transportation convenient.. I hate busses LOL.

I grew up in Sea Isle City and my wife came from Medford, we couldn't afford to live in either.
No thanks. I spoke to a friend who told me this weekend it was still too cold to go outside and do anything! That is staggering to me. He told me that it was rainy and cold the entire weekend. What is it, May 12th? You should be in the high 70s-80s by now. And to think, in about 3 + months, it will start getting cooler again. Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey