Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 10:37 PM

23 posts, read 11,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
Interesting, everyone I know who got it contracted it at house parties and bars. Just proves you can catch it ANYWHERE.

And how sick did those people really get? Did they just basically have a cold or a cough? Then why can't the country take the herd immunity approach, while protecting the most vulnerable people? Wouldn't that be better than the current situation we're dealing with? Heck, at this point, I'm praying NJ experiences one of the warmest winters ever recorded. Because the warmer it is outside, the less time people will spend indoors, where the virus can allegedly spread so much more easily. So warmer weather should result in fewer infections and help certain businesses out who still can't operate at nearly full capacity. If we get 60 degree days in December and January, restaurants might still be able to serve people outdoors, which can only help them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 11:29 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
People are funny creatures. Always moving to the extremes. Isolate as much as possible if you have to and and use common sense to mitigate the spread. Anyone who isn't wearing a mask when appropriate or is going out to stores/restaurants but supports restrictions needs to be slapped. The vaccine is coming, stay away from others if you want/have to while the rest of us go about our lives. You people are ridiculous.

Old 11-10-2020, 02:49 AM

7,361 posts, read 3,529,717 times
California has both warm weather and strict covid orders
that never went away and they are at over 6k cases per day as of now and never got below 2k per day. I wonder what the science tells us. I wonder if we can become real scientists (like journalists claim to be) and extrapolate anything from that information to hypothesize that gathering capacity limits and school shutdowns and sanitizing the sheet out of everything, and not being able to go to a hair salon or restaurant don't really help.

It's a virus people.

It doesn't know what time it is, it doesn't know what a restaurant is.

The only way YOU can protect YOURSELF is to measure your risk and your comfort level and do what you think will be your best course of action. If you get it, it is because YOU were exposed. That could happen in a one way aisle of the supermarket, at a restaurant with only 2 other people in it, at the gas station or liquor store. Again, it's a virus. It is everywhere. Even if the entire nation closed for 4 weeks. It is here to stay, get used to it and live your life before something else takes it.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:52 AM

50,785 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
All this will do is have people heading to bars earlier. It’s really a half measure to appease both sides but ultimately neither side is happy.
Earlier is better. Keep in mind, most of us go to bars to be social, watch a sports game, listen to music. While kids go to bars to get drunk. What they have been finding is, as the night wears on, the behavior of those groups of kids gets worse in terms of Covid, distancing, etc. And the result has been that a large number of bartenders have been testing positive, much higher than waitresses or restaurant staff.

I don't think their behavior will be the same at 7pm as it will be at 2 am.

"People started to let their hair down at clubs, lounges and restaurants, particularly restaurants with bars," Murphy said. "People are getting sloppy in and around bars as the night wears on."

"We're not sure why bartenders are at more risk," said Judith Persichilli, the state health commissioner, but she said there have been a lot of outbreaks specifically traced to bartenders."

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-10-2020 at 06:19 AM..

Old 11-10-2020, 06:07 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s not meant for adults, it’s meant to keep large groups of kids from packing into bars late night. Back in the day when we didn’t even go out till 11pm.

"It is 10pm, do you know where your children are?"

One of the NY TV stations use to say that when I was a kid? (Was I ever a kid? lol!)

Unfortunately everyone must "suffer" for the select people who may be the culprits.

Till the governor announces the "again more" restrictions, I won't comment further.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:15 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
"It is 10pm, do you know where your children are?"

One of the NY TV stations use to say that when I was a kid?

Channel 5, Bill Jorgensen

Old 11-10-2020, 06:29 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Channel 5, Bill Jorgensen

Yes, that "rings a bell".

I remember his voice.

Old 11-10-2020, 07:26 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
Quote:
Earlier is better. Keep in mind, most of us go to bars to be social, watch a sports game, listen to music. While kids go to bars to get drunk. What they have been finding is, as the night wears on, the behavior of those groups of kids gets worse in terms of Covid, distancing, etc. And the result has been that a large number of bartenders have been testing positive, much higher than waitresses or restaurant staff.

"People started to let their hair down at clubs, lounges and restaurants, particularly restaurants with bars," Murphy said. "People are getting sloppy in and around bars as the night wears on."

"We're not sure why bartenders are at more risk," said Judith Persichilli, the state health commissioner, but she said there have been a lot of outbreaks specifically traced to bartenders."
Persichilli is a fountain of wisdom, isn’t she.

Old 11-10-2020, 07:55 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, but so what? If a bunch of college kids want to get Covid, I don't really care. If someone doesn't want to share that risk, then continue to stay away from others who are higher risk. No, it's not impossible. If you're (not you personally: you=general) not out at house parties or bars with them, they're not going to give it to you. They're not swarming stores without masks on and coughing in your face. You're not going to get it in the supermarket if a younger person is also there shopping, and if you're out at the bars then that's a choice you're making and you can share in the risk. Enough already.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:02 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
it looks like its going to spread through the population so may as well get the college kids who will be fine and then immune. the more health people that get immunity the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey