Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM

7 posts, read 15,636 times

Advertisements

Please Lock Up Your Cars And Homes !

Many People Have Been Burgularized In TOTOWA AND WEST PATERSON And The People Commiting The Crimes Have Not Been Caught !

a Car Was Recently Stolen From Dewey Ave.in Totowa)

call The totowa Police Department If You See Anything Suspicious Or Out Of The Ordinary In Our Town !

totowa Police department
973)-790-3700
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 AM

31 posts, read 111,152 times
oh, ok Sargent Slaughter, I'll take that into account. Thanks.If I hear anything, I'll notify you immediately..

Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM

10 posts, read 18,872 times
Crime sucks, but sometimes its all that people know how to make money. You live next to a poverty srticken city, Paterson, and its going to be expected that people are going to go where they think money is. I'm not condoning it or anything, just saying, maybe you might want to buy a shotgun for a means of protecting your house. As soon as some of these theives realize that they are being gunned down while commiting the crime, they might stop attacking that neighborhood. Just a suggestion, hell, i moved to Texas and I can shoot anyone on my property that I think is a trespasser. Good 'ol Texas! I left Totowa about 10 years ago and have been happy and safe since.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:20 PM

177 posts, read 700,473 times
Totowa is bordered by scum.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:28 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetriotz View Post
Please Lock Up Your Cars And Homes !

Many People Have Been Burgularized In TOTOWA AND WEST PATERSON And The People Commiting The Crimes Have Not Been Caught !

a Car Was Recently Stolen From Dewey Ave.in Totowa)

call The totowa Police Department If You See Anything Suspicious Or Out Of The Ordinary In Our Town !

totowa Police department
973)-790-3700
I used to live in West Paterson. There were a lot of car thefts and breaking into cars, especially at the shopping center on 46.

The problem is partly Paterson, as someone kindly pointed out, but it's also the fact that Route 46 as well as 80 are right and both easily connect to the GSP and Route 3...it's an easy area for getaway.

The town in Bergen County I recently moved from had far less crime due to the fact that there was no highway access.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:54 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
yeah sure keep blaming paterson. i am betting its some strung out kids from the 3 towns themselves trying to get some spare change to buy more drugs.
my brother's car was stolen from willowbrook---does that mean wayne is dangerous and bordering on scum? no, they took his rims and the change from the floor.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:00 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
yeah sure keep blaming paterson. i am betting its some strung out kids from the 3 towns themselves trying to get some spare change to buy more drugs.
my brother's car was stolen from willowbrook---does that mean wayne is dangerous and bordering on scum? no, they took his rims and the change from the floor.
I lived in Midland Park for a good chunk of my life. Whenever there were burglaries it was usually the strung-out stringy-haired neighbor kid who needed drug money.

If you go to night court in West Paterson, though, you will see that the cop cars are back and forth bringing defendants from the Passaic County jail who are usually Paterson or Passaic residents that committed crimes in West Paterson.

And if you do go to court there, make sure your own car is registered and everything's in order because the WP cops WILL run the plates of everyone in the parking lot and they'll tow your car right then and there and you will have to walk back up the hill in the middle of the night in the freezing cold afterward....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey