Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 09:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,663,738 times

Advertisements

sooo now we have fathers day to deal with. my wife called me this morning about it. if it were just a week later, my SIL would have been away to her mother country for the summer. they are much less likely to not come for fathers day for my dad than mother's day for my mom. so unfortunately, i think we will be with them for it unless i think of some genius way around it.

i am generally the one who "plans" everything. when complaing was happening about mothers day, one complaint was that i didnt include her in the planning for mothers day. im not including anyone in the planning, its just a restaurant reservation not a wedding. i asked to make sure the time and place worked (but i texted my brother instead of her) so i think that was enough. now i have to decide if i go back to texting her and not my brother. im not asking for suggestions on a place. maybe if we do it at my house they will be less likely to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 12:28 PM

88,497 posts, read 84,652,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
sooo now we have fathers day to deal with. my wife called me this morning about it. if it were just a week later, my SIL would have been away to her mother country for the summer. they are much less likely to not come for fathers day for my dad than mother's day for my mom. so unfortunately, i think we will be with them for it unless i think of some genius way around it.

i am generally the one who "plans" everything. when complaing was happening about mothers day, one complaint was that i didnt include her in the planning for mothers day. im not including anyone in the planning, its just a restaurant reservation not a wedding. i asked to make sure the time and place worked (but i texted my brother instead of her) so i think that was enough. now i have to decide if i go back to texting her and not my brother. im not asking for suggestions on a place. maybe if we do it at my house they will be less likely to come.
Isn't her mother country part of THIS country?

Old 05-24-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Isn't her mother country part of THIS country?
You are thinking of my wife? I was talking about my "SIL." Her mother country is Croatia. I think she is heading out there around June 26th

Old 05-24-2021, 01:16 PM

32,911 posts, read 36,300,643 times
What's up with all of the restaurant meals? You and your brother should take him to a strip club.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:17 PM

88,497 posts, read 84,652,005 times
Quote:
You are thinking of my wife? I was talking about my "SIL." Her mother country is Croatia. I think she is heading out there around June 26th
AH, I thought you meant your wife and her sister. No, Croatia is not part of the USA...so far.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
What's up with all of the restaurant meals? You and your brother should take him to a strip club.
haha, going to my dad to a strip club would be super uncomfortable for me.

also, im pretty sure my wife isnt ok with me going to a strip club. only time ive done stuff like that since being married has been bachelor parties.

Old 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,232,193 times
Quote:

also, im pretty sure my wife isnt ok with me going to a strip club. only time ive done stuff like that since being married has been bachelor parties.
My wife doesn't care. In fact, she and her friends were going out for dinner, and she told me the husbands are going to a strip club and that I should go out with them.

I didn't go, because I'm not really friends with that particular group of husbands, and strip clubs really aren't my thing.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:10 PM

32,911 posts, read 36,300,643 times
Quote:

I got over that when mom and my Arabic sister-in-law took me to see female impersonators on my 21st birthday. Mom tipped a couple of guys to dance at our table. Mom? At the end of the evening, everyone in the room sang Happy Birthday to me.

She also told me that when dad stopped noticing attractive women, she'd start planning his funeral. When he very occasionally went out for a couple of drinks with the guys, she didn't ask a lot of questions.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,641,742 times
Quote:

LOL,..............

So you're by-passing Memorial Day?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My wife doesn't care. In fact, she and her friends were going out for dinner, and she told me the husbands are going to a strip club and that I should go out with them.

I didn't go, because I'm not really friends with that particular group of husbands, and strip clubs really aren't my thing.
my wife may pretend to not care but im pretty sure she does so i dont try to make it happen. she seems to like it when i go out with my guy friends, im not sure if she would say not to if they were going to a strip club. it doesnt really come up though, i think most feel like me. not much point in seeing naked girls if you cant bang them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I got over that when mom and my Arabic sister-in-law took me to see female impersonators on my 21st birthday. Mom tipped a couple of guys to dance at our table. Mom? At the end of the evening, everyone in the room sang Happy Birthday to me.

She also told me that when dad stopped noticing attractive women, she'd start planning his funeral. When he very occasionally went out for a couple of drinks with the guys, she didn't ask a lot of questions.
im sure it varies a lot depending on the person. with my dad, it would be weird. i have a friend whose wife caught him looking at a girl in a bikini. i immediately noticed her reaction, thought she actually may have been reacting to me looking at her. didnt talk to her husband for a couple of weeks. some people have a strange belief that after marriage their husbands dont find any other women attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey