Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 12:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 33,397,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Funny how CaptainNJ and PatrioticSuperman are never in the same room...

I guess you missed captain hasn't been here about a month now, someone banned him

Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess you missed captain hasn't been here about a month now, someone banned him
For what?

Old 08-06-2021, 01:12 PM

19,066 posts, read 25,221,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
For what?
This is just a guess on my part, but I think that his ongoing anti-cop rants may have done it.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
This is just a guess on my part, but I think that his ongoing anti-cop rants may have done it.
I'm a huge supporter of the police myself, but he's got a right to express his opinion. I hope it's not because of that.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:13 AM

8,725 posts, read 4,513,032 times
Quote:
I'm a huge supporter of the police myself, but he's got a right to express his opinion. I hope it's not because of that.
Those opinions, if they were venomous enough, may have gotten the attention of the moderators. My experience, though, is that arguing with the moderators, especially taking your grievances public (which is specifically stated as a violation, in the rules) is what finally gets them banned.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:25 AM

50,470 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
I couldn’t agree with you more, but I do think that was it. I know he got scolded a lot for that.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:34 AM

50,470 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Those opinions, if they were venomous enough, may have gotten the attention of the moderators. My experience, though, is that arguing with the moderators, especially taking your grievances public (which is specifically stated as a violation, in the rules) is what finally gets them banned.
They weren’t venomous at all IMO. He just had very strong opinions on what freedom and living in a free country means or should mean, and felt policing as it is done in this country was generally contrary to that ideal. He was a staunch libertarian, and expressed views through that viewpoint. He blamed the laws more so than the police, but blamed the police for carrying out when he felt were corrupt laws that violated people’s rights as a human being (for instance the freedom to take a drug if you so choose he felt should be up to individual and so believed all drug laws were corrupt (which again is libertarian viewpoint) and so felt cops who enforced corrupt laws were then themselves corrupt.

His posts were very strongly opinionated that is for sure, however he is an intelligent man and they were more than simply rants. I enjoyed his posts even though they made me mad sometimes. And I stopped trying to argue with him along time ago, lol. But I enjoyed reading other people do so. I also agreed with some of his posts.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:02 PM

8,725 posts, read 4,513,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They weren’t venomous at all IMO.
His posts were very strongly opinionated that is for sure, however he is an intelligent man and they were more than simply rants.
Having once worked the moderator side of the system,
I also know it is often the rants you DON'T see that gets them in trouble.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:16 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,031,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Is there ever a broadcast that someone has been banned ?
I remain convinced that PS = CNJ

Old 08-07-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They weren’t venomous at all IMO. He just had very strong opinions on what freedom and living in a free country means or should mean, and felt policing as it is done in this country was generally contrary to that ideal. He was a staunch libertarian, and expressed views through that viewpoint. He blamed the laws more so than the police, but blamed the police for carrying out when he felt were corrupt laws that violated people’s rights as a human being (for instance the freedom to take a drug if you so choose he felt should be up to individual and so believed all drug laws were corrupt (which again is libertarian viewpoint) and so felt cops who enforced corrupt laws were then themselves corrupt.

His posts were very strongly opinionated that is for sure, however he is an intelligent man and they were more than simply rants. I enjoyed his posts even though they made me mad sometimes. And I stopped trying to argue with him along time ago, lol. But I enjoyed reading other people do so. I also agreed with some of his posts.
Actually, he used to crack me up. He was a funny guy.

But you are right. I remember he and I had a long discussion on "rights". He believed that people had "natural rights" or "God given rights".

And I told him that there is nothing "natural" about rights. Nowhere else in the animal kingdom do "rights" exist. It is a human invention, created very recently in human history. And that "rights" are only as good as the entity enforcing them. I wasn't "endowed by my creator" with these rights, no matter what someone wrote on a piece of paper 250 years ago. I was endowed by the government of the United States, our armed forces, and yes, the police. If some murderer is outside my house, trying to get in, God is not going to protect my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The police are.

Anyway, that was a good discussion. I actually thought he was coming around to my side towards the end. I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey