Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 09:13 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
As per the state's COVID info page, regarding those who are eligible for vaccination:

Individuals at High Risk (Phase 1B) (effective 1/14/21)

Individuals aged 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include:

Cancer
Chronic kidney disease
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
Down Syndrome
Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
Sickle cell disease
Smoking
Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Nice breakdown but some sites are not vaccinating everyone in 1B. Also, a large number of sites ran out of vaccine and no longer take appointments.

Old 01-15-2021, 05:57 AM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Acceleration is when things happen faster and faster. The deployment learning curve and the addition of additional vaccine companies is accelerating the process. Do not extrapolate the present statistics to the future without adding in the acceleration factor.
55% of the 650,000 doses remain unused. Lets hope the so called acceleration actually happens. At this rate it is far too slow and some advance planning by government officials would have meant they would have been ready to go right away. Instead of parading around doing photo shoots, much better coordination could have occurred starting a month ago. Instead time is being lost.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:43 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
So NJ government decided to offer the vaccine to smokers now, but has yet to vaccinate those in the 1B group who are unable to make an appointment or find a location open that has a supply of the vaccine. Makes no sense.

I would caution anyone trying to reach the NJ Dept of Health or Gov. Murphy's staff that you will most likely reach a full voice mailbox, or worse, find there is NO contact number to call. Looks like you will have to write a letter if you want to reach someone.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
So NJ government decided to offer the vaccine to smokers now, but has yet to vaccinate those in the 1B group who are unable to make an appointment or find a location open that has a supply of the vaccine. Makes no sense.

I would caution anyone trying to reach the NJ Dept of Health or Gov. Murphy's staff that you will most likely reach a full voice mailbox, or worse, find there is NO contact number to call. Looks like you will have to write a letter if you want to reach someone.
soon enough maybe they will realize that prioritizing people over others leads to the slowing of distribtuion and all that really matters is how many people have been vaccinated. it doesnt matter what category they are in.

but once you put something in government hands everyone has their brilliant ideas and wants that pushed on everyone else and then it gets filtered through corrupt idiot politicians that couldnt care less about anyone anyway.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:35 PM

332 posts, read 174,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
soon enough maybe they will realize that prioritizing people over others leads to the slowing of distribtuion and all that really matters is how many people have been vaccinated. it doesnt matter what category they are in.

but once you put something in government hands everyone has their brilliant ideas and wants that pushed on everyone else and then it gets filtered through corrupt idiot politicians that couldnt care less about anyone anyway.
It is all a big photoshop opportunity for Murhpy. Each site that should have been opened for 3 weeks that is opened is another photo op. Likely all sites could open at once but it would not allow Murphy to be there to smile for the camera.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Default Forget Alex Azar's statement...

... about releasing the vaccine "reserve".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...iND1v449aEaHDQ

Old 01-16-2021, 06:12 AM

494 posts, read 368,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
... about releasing the vaccine "reserve".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...iND1v449aEaHDQ

it doesn't matter its just political bs to hurt trump

nj hasn't even used all vaccines distributed yet. no state has.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:42 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
I'm 24 and I smoke. I "demand" my vaccine pronto.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:38 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm 24 and I smoke. I "demand" my vaccine pronto.
Well, you'll cut the line ahead of healthy non-smoking 24 yr olds for sure. I was excited about the vaccine but after reading so many problems. I'm not gonna get the vaccine until there's more data. The thought of having a mRNA injected into your cells and making your T-cells attack it like bull dogs may cause a major reaction for many people.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:40 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
it doesn't matter its just political bs to hurt trump

nj hasn't even used all vaccines distributed yet. no state has.
Trump said a week ago that he was going to distribute the reserves, and now it turns out there are no reserves. That is not BS, it is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey