Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 10:57 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, I don’t know why you haven’t gotten one. I registered on the New Jersey site in the very beginning, and was sent a link to make an appointment. I actually got 2. The first was at the Moorestown Mall mega site for mid-March, but then I ended up getting one at Rowan for early February and went to that one instead. I really don’t know why I was able to get two appointments and you have not been able to get even one. I did put some effort into it though. And again, I don’t know of any state or country who thinks they’re going to have all their people vaccinated earlier than July, save perhaps a country that bought many more doses than we did early on. They can only manufacture so much in a certain amount of time and other countries bought doses from them too. I don’t think it has a thing to do with any state or governor.
I never said it did. They ran out before everyone in the first group got vaccinated. That's all.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:14 AM

50,765 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I never said it did. They ran out before everyone in the first group got vaccinated. That's all.
They haven't run out though. Tens of thousands a day continue to get vaccinated every day in NJ. People get appointments every day in NJ.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:15 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Thank you. Although according to some in this thread, if you're that old, you don't deserve to get the vaccine, which is ridiculous on its face, since there should be enough vaccine for everyone to get vaccinated. Right now, they're shooting for July for that to become a reality.
Exactly. I registered, too, but I am only 62, have no medical issues, can't claim to work in the health care industry, etc., so I'm way down on the bottom of the list and I know it. Of course I'm not even in the country right now, so it doesn't make a difference anyway, but I hope to eventually get the vaccination, and by the time I can come back here, I may need to in order to travel. Originally they said people like me would have to wait until possibly 2023, but now they're saying maybe by fall.

My friend who is 80 got her first shot last week, and yesterday I was on a Zoom work conference with a coworker who lives in Freehold, and he got his shot yesterday morning. He is 66. He said there were kids there getting shots, so apparently the supposed order of who is supposed to get shots when isn't being enforced anyway.

Another coworker Zooming in from his second home in Maryland, age 71, said he and his wife had appointment to get their shots down there but got a call saying, Sorry, no more left, you'll have to reschedule. It's not any one state. It's just supply.'

The same thing is going on here. I heard on the radio in the car the other day that everyone in LTC facilities in Ontario who wanted the vaccine has gotten it, so they are moving along, albeit slowly as they also wait for supplies. It's just the way it is right now.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:23 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times
This is typical of the response I got after I registered online:

An update on your request for COVID-19 vaccine scheduling. Invitations are being sent out based upon vaccine supply and in the order requests are received. You will receive a secure link for your scheduling as soon as an appointment becomes available for you.

If I get it before July, fine. If not, fine. Until I can go to the theater, movies, jazz club or get on a plane without wearing a mask, I'm okay waiting. And yes, before everyone piles on, that probably won't be until next fall at the earliest.

ETA: I registered 3 places. NJ.gov vaccine site and two other sites. Same response from each.

Last edited by Hannah5555; 02-18-2021 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-18-2021, 11:51 AM

3,424 posts, read 1,840,339 times
Quote:

An update on your request for COVID-19 vaccine scheduling. Invitations are being sent out based upon vaccine supply and in the order requests are received. You will receive a secure link for your scheduling as soon as an appointment becomes available for you.

If I get it before July, fine. If not, fine. Until I can go to the theater, movies, jazz club or get on a plane without wearing a mask, I'm okay waiting. And yes, before everyone piles on, that probably won't be until next fall at the earliest.

ETA: I registered 3 places. NJ.gov vaccine site and two other sites. Same response from each.
Welcome to NJ. "You'll love it here."

Old 02-18-2021, 11:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Not true. I'm in the first group and I don't need help getting an appointment. Like I said, they're shooting for July to have enough to go around.
Here are links to a few sites. Maybe you'll have better luck on one of them then how you're doing it. From what I hear Shop Rite also has vaccine so you can go directly there. You really have to advocate for yourself if you want a vaccine. The NJ COVID site is a mess. I've been waiting for an email even though I'm not getting a vaccine. I would have gone to Rowan if I was like ocnjgirl. Do you live near a Rowan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
4 adults in my house not getting the vaccine. Looked to see how bad it is to get an appointment.

All 10 Rite Aid stores by me are booked solid. I'm not even able to look at CVS locations, it says they're all booked

Rite Aid COVID qualifier

CVS COVID-19 vaccine and testing

Apparently Rite Aid's vaccine page was taken down, so it looks like they're out of vaccine. CVS is still showing fully booked. From what I remember, the sites opened at 7am so try the links then you may have luck.

Here is the Rowan info for anyone wanting a 1st vaccine. From what I hear, they will not accept people for a 2nd dose if you didn't get the 1st dose there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Rowan Medicine has their own vaccine sign up site, they sent me the link through their patient portal but it looks like it's the for public too. You have to be over 18, have not had any vaccine in the last 14 days and in the 1A category. They're vaccinating Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. Here is the website. I've been seeing posts on other sites that people are having major issues with the NJ vaccine site so figured I'd post for people looking to register somewhere.

I'm reading that people should not take Tylenol or Motrin before getting the vaccine and wait until you see if you need it before taking it. Some people take it before because most vaccines have side effects.

ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS IN CATEGORY 1A

- Any person who works in a health care setting who has the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials, law enforcement and fire personnel
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Persons aged 18 to 64 years old, who have at least one of the following chronic medical conditions that poses high-risk for severe COVID-19:
Cancer
Chronic kidney disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Down syndrome
Heart conditions (including heart failure, coronary artery disease, and cardiomyopathy)
Obesity (BMI greater than 30)
Sickle cell disease
Type-2 diabetes
Smoking
Immunocompromised due to organ transplant (talk to your doctor)
Pregnancy (talk to your doctor)

Old 02-18-2021, 12:34 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
You know why so many old people are getting covid? Because they need younger people to assist them. So instead of focusing on vaccinating elderly people. They should vaccinate the workers 1st to prevent them from infecting all these elderly people. We are vaccinating the wrong people 1st, the workers such as delivery people, nurses, door man, or security guard they are the virus spreaders. By not vaccinating elderly people, the optics becomes bad that we aren't caring for the elderly. But it's the right thing to do for society by vaccinating the people who are more likely to spread the disease than those that are less active.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:36 PM

98 posts, read 175,176 times
Quote:

So your waiting for an email from these 3 places you registered at whenever it comes to have you automatically scheduled? There are numerous sites that are periodically opening up new appointments that can be grabbed by anyone qualified at specific times, such as this one at Atlantic City that opens up new appointments several times a week listed here:

https://www.atlanticare.org/patients...on-information

It is a race on who can click and schedule quickly enough at such places but is the way many of us have managed to secure appointments by being proactive.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:49 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
LOL the previous administration is the only reason there are vaccines...
Uh-huh.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/31/...ccine-rollout/

Old 02-18-2021, 12:52 PM

491 posts, read 368,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
more fake news click bait nonsense

you must be a democrat. which is why you deny reality with your severe trump derangement syndrome.

"no plan" but somehow distributed 50M vaccines/administered 1M per day starting Jan 11th
"Pfizer didn't get $2B as part of OWS. Just $2B for some other reason"
"what 1B contract doses"

Omg look at how nice Biden's fake personality is. My president!

Imagine denying the fastest vaccines in world history, and trying to be taken seriously.

Last edited by astrocytoma; 02-18-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey