Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 06:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You're implying he died from stress versus the fact he was murdered by being struck in the head with a fire extinguisher. There is no comparison to your husband's death and there is no reason to bring that up here if not to draw a false equivalency.
Just stop it please. He died in the line of duty. It's sad. My prayers are with his family.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:03 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just stop it please. He died in the line of duty. It's sad. My prayers are with his family.
I am sorry if I sharpened your pain, it wasn't;t my intention. But I cannot allow this to be minimized as something less than murder. It is astounding to me the break these people have been given by too many already.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
All I have to say: Thanks for this thread to just affirm something (which I won't say) that I already knew for a very long time.

(drops mike)

Old 01-10-2021, 06:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
So alot of these stories wound up being fake. The woman faking being maced with an onion in her blanket, the paid actor whose post went viral that he was paid to enter the Capital along with the videos of police/security inviting people through the Capital and "touring" them through the building.
LOL, no.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
They had a retired Capital police chief interviewed (37 years) he said BLM would never have gotten anywhere close to the capital. He said there should have been multiple barrier lines, including some with horses. There needs to be a thorough investigation, it seems they were aided and abetted by Capital police. The retired captain said twice "they let them in". They tuned down all offers for outside help, and try to claim there was no indication anything big was going to happen, when it was all over social media for weeks.

BLM would have been shot, here they were being patted on the back and cops took selfies with them. They were allowed to hang out for hours once they broke in. Heads need to roll, both in leadership and rank and file.
Do you realize that the Capital Hill Police (Fed) and the DC Metropolitan Police forces are two different organizations and run independently .Maryland , Virginia and New Jersey all offered State Troopers but it was not accepted till too late.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Do you realize that the Capital Hill Police (Fed) and the DC Metropolitan Police forces are two different organizations and run independently .Maryland , Virginia and New Jersey all offered State Troopers but it was not accepted till too late.
I realize this. I think there needs to be a thorough investigation. I think there were too many in the planning and rank and file who aided and abetted. I don't think turning down help was coincidental, and their reasons "We had no clue" don't make sense.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:21 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
I realize this. I think there needs to be a thorough investigation. I think there were too many in the planning and rank and file who aided and abetted. I don't think turning down help was coincidental, and their reasons "We had no clue" don't make sense.
Additionally, the POTUS's claim that he "immediately" summoned the National Guard is a lie. Surprise, surprise...
In fact, the National Guard was summoned about 3 hours after the assault on the capitol began, and it was summoned by the VP. The POTUS was totally MIA, except for the instigation of the armed assault.

Additionally, when Governor Hogan of Maryland attempted--repeatedly-to contact Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller with an offer to send the Maryland National Guard, he was told that Miller was "not available". A few hours later, Ryan McCarthy, the Secretary of The Army, phoned Hogan to request that the Maryland National Guard be dispatched immediately. Even though--technically--McCarthy was not empowered to do this, Hogan acted, and sent in his state's Guard troops.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:59 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Apparently, this letter was sent two days ago, but I just became aware of it:

https://nationalcouncilofchurches.us...p-from-office/

Old 01-10-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Additionally, the POTUS's claim that he "immediately" summoned the National Guard is a lie. Surprise, surprise...
In fact, the National Guard was summoned about 3 hours after the assault on the capitol began, and it was summoned by the VP. The POTUS was totally MIA, except for the instigation of the armed assault.

Additionally, when Governor Hogan of Maryland attempted--repeatedly-to contact Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller with an offer to send the Maryland National Guard, he was told that Miller was "not available". A few hours later, Ryan McCarthy, the Secretary of The Army, phoned Hogan to request that the Maryland National Guard be dispatched immediately. Even though--technically--McCarthy was not empowered to do this, Hogan acted, and sent in his state's Guard troops.
Even before Wednesday though they were declining help and insisting they had it under control. Now trying to claim they had no clue that many people were coming or that any danger was posed by the crowds. Despite it being all over social media what they were planning and it clearly wasn’t a protest, and having busloads come in and every hotel full they had no idea, right.

James Clybourn has an office on the first floor with his name on it, however he uses an office on the third floor that is unmarked. The mobs completely avoided the office that had his name on it helped but ransacked the third-floor office. He said there is no way they would know that was an office he used unless they were given a heads up. He said the capital is very difficult to find your way around, but somehow they knew where every Democrats offices were.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Apparently, this letter was sent two days ago, but I just became aware of it:

https://nationalcouncilofchurches.us...p-from-office/

Glad they sent that, however churches and religious leaders have enabled him knowing exactly who he was for the past four years. Just like with many in Congress and the Senate who now have suddenly seen the light, it’s too little too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey