Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 05:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I still don't understand how they got to Pelosi's office and others. Just in normal days, I can't imagine that the offices were accessible and open.
What happened was horrible and inexcusable but I just can't understand how once they got in at all, how they had free reign and just came and went and took stuff.
how many people is it worth killing to prevent illegal access to her highnesses office?

Old 01-11-2021, 09:03 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Just watched the National news. They showed the fire extinguisher being thrown, and stated that it is still unknown whether or not the dead officer was struck by it.

Perhaps you've jumped the gun.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
One was beaten with a fire extinguisher and died. The other one had a heart attack and died.

It was a cop being squeezed to death in the doorway and another one beaten with a flag pole. Most of the injuries were sustained by law enforcement.

So much for blue lives matter. The hypocrisy is off the charts.
The rumors you are sharing are "off the charts" as well.

The officer who collapsed and died at his station after the riot MAY have been struck by a thrown fire extinguisher. (I just watched the video.) That is still just speculation according to the National news tonight.

It's always good to wait for the truth to come out before spreading rumors, unless of course, you have an agenda that doesn't value the truth.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:36 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

The officer who collapsed and died at his station after the riot MAY have been struck by a thrown fire extinguisher. (I just watched the video.) That is still just speculation according to the National news tonight.

It's always good to wait for the truth to come out before spreading rumors, unless of course, you have an agenda that doesn't value the truth.
They aren’t rumors. 5 people have died so far. I don’t have an agenda. Sounds like you do though. Bye.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:59 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I still don't understand how they got to Pelosi's office and others. Just in normal days, I can't imagine that the offices were accessible and open.
What happened was horrible and inexcusable but I just can't understand how once they got in at all, how they had free reign and just came and went and took stuff.
They broke down doors, they weren't open. But they knew even the unmarked offices.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:39 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
The details will come out in time or may never.

The bottom line is an angry mob invaded our capitol with an intent to overturn an election at the direction of President Trump because he lost.

The Cop that died was the true patriot defending our country, not the angry mob that killed him while looting our Capitol.

Brian Sicknick is an East Brunswick Vo-Tech Alumni like me. Lived in South River the twin city of Sayreville where I live that are connected for generations. Thou I don't know him or his family personally our families are tied by marriage a few generations ago.

Thanks for starting this thread in the NJ forum, this has really hit home.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:25 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

Even if the fire extinguisher portion of the story is incorrect (could be an honest mixup or embellishment) and his preexisting medical condition (alluded to in early media reports) played a role, it still may be that he was somewhere at the scene of the protest/riot and died after returning to his office and suffering a medical emergency.

The media and a few others have a narrative - I am not sure waiting till the facts comes out helps their narrative.

Given the abundance of cameras we’ll soon see more details about his duties that day and crowd interactions and crowd interactions.

Some of the details have been puzzling but that may be a result of the delay between crowd interaction, his feeling well enough to go back to work at the office and subsequent reported stroke.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
The details will come out in time or may never.

The bottom line is an angry mob invaded our capitol with an intent to overturn an election at the direction of President Trump because he lost.

The Cop that died was the true patriot defending our country, not the angry mob that killed him while looting our Capitol.

Brian Sicknick is an East Brunswick Vo-Tech Alumni like me. Lived in South River the twin city of Sayreville where I live that are connected for generations. Thou I don't know him or his family personally our families are tied by marriage a few generations ago.

Thanks for starting this thread in the NJ forum, this has really hit home.
Haha invaded our Capitol. I have no ownership of that building. Nobody likes the people who work in it. Fake outrage.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:51 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Haha invaded our Capitol. I have no ownership of that building. Nobody likes the people who work in it. Fake outrage.

Well, I pay my taxes so I have ownership in that building. I don't need to like any of the people who work in it. I don't like mitch mcconnell and ted cruz. I don't like kamala harris. I just want my passenger rail and space program funded and definitely a crapload of education funding after the riots.

What those nazis did was an affront to our republic. THey couldn't handle that DJT lost. Maybe if DJT shut his mouth for once and looked like he was doing something about the pandemic, he would have won the election.

This is the United States of America. Insurrections like that should not happen. It wasn't caused by "white" trash either. A lot of those rioters were lawyers, businessmen, nurses, and college educated people. It was coordinated. Those people needed to hanged by the gallows they built at DC. They knew exactly what they were going to do. It was straight up Night of the long knives.

What happened to blue lives matter?!

tulsi gabbard 2024!

Old 01-12-2021, 12:00 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Well, I pay my taxes so I have ownership in that building. I don't need to like any of the people who work in it. I don't like mitch mcconnell and ted cruz. I don't like kamala harris. I just want my passenger rail and space program funded and definitely a crapload of education funding after the riots.

What those nazis did was an affront to our republic. THey couldn't handle that DJT lost. Maybe if DJT shut his mouth for once and looked like he was doing something about the pandemic, he would have won the election.

This is the United States of America. Insurrections like that should not happen. It wasn't caused by "white" trash either. A lot of those rioters were lawyers, businessmen, nurses, and college educated people. It was coordinated. Those people needed to hanged by the gallows they built at DC. They knew exactly what they were going to do. It was straight up Night of the long knives.

What happened to blue lives matter?!

tulsi gabbard 2024!
Lots of off duty cops and military there which I find frightening, especially as a Jew since it was like a white supremacist convention. Lots and lots of QAnon, which I am increasingly feeling like is our biggest threat foreign or domestic. Covid and people with unlimited time to go down the rabbit hole increased their numbers like crazy. It’s everywhere now, even my fiancé’s elderly mom sending frantic texts about keep gas in your car and stock up cause the blackouts are coming (the “10 Days of Darkness” Q trope)

Some online making comparisons to pre-genocide Rwanda (same kind of insane and false rumors about the “other”). As a Jew and a registered Democrat I’m fairly certain I’ll be taken out in the first wave! Scary times, made scarier by so many minimizing what happened and is happening. I think we’re in the most dangerous period in our countries history and honestly can’t see how we get out of it.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-12-2021 at 12:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey