Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 05:39 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Well...get out that Vaseline to get ready to bend over again.

Figure by this time next year regular gas in NJ will be over $3 a gallon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buttigieg floats gas tax hike despite concern about regressive impact

Transportation Secretary nominee Pete Buttigieg expressed an openness to a federal gas tax increase in order to pump more money into the suffering Highway Trust Fund.

During his confirmation hearing on Thursday, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., was asked about a tax hike to help fund infrastructure by Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla.

BUTTIGIEG DEFENDS BIDEN KILLING KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE AMID CRITICISM FROM UNIONS

"Well, I think all options need to be on the table," Buttigieg said. "As you know, the gas tax has not been increased since 1993, and it's never been pegged to inflation. And it's one of the reasons why the current state of the Highway Trust Fund is that there's more going out than coming in."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/but...retary-hearing
So what? Interesting source ya got there. Get a hobby.

ETA: #49
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Aren't you afraid of being accused of defending "tour" friends?

That being said, I hope that after your return from Ontario, we can "all" get together at Kristine's in Princeton.
This resto didn't yet exist when we last got together, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is really good!

https://www.kristinesprinceton.com/

Wow. I haven't seen a menu like that in a long time. Looks yummy!

Old 01-21-2021, 06:34 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
So what? Interesting source ya got there. Get a hobby.

ETA: #49
Make sure you get an extra large jar or you can keep your head in the sand.

https://e-today.us/buttigieg-floats-...essive-impact/

https://ca-news-forum.com/2021/01/21...essive-impact/

https://madaboutpolitics.com/threads...impact.111747/

Old 01-21-2021, 07:38 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
when does pot go on sale in Jersey? The voters clearly wanted it legalized. A whole lot of talk by state politicians the week after it was voter approved. I thought that was going to raise millions in taxes. What happened?

Old 01-21-2021, 11:13 PM

50,715 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
when does pot go on sale in Jersey? The voters clearly wanted it legalized. A whole lot of talk by state politicians the week after it was voter approved. I thought that was going to raise millions in taxes. What happened?
The last bill got stuck again on disagreements. Murphy wanted there to be some penalties (civil/fines) for underage use like there are for alcohol, but the bill put forth by the legislature removed any penalties for underage use.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/new-...nt-date-nears/

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-21-2021 at 11:38 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 05:39 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I would not be able to choose what to order! First of all, I could make several meals out of the appetizers.
But...half rack of lamb or duck breast? I'm not going to be able to sleep over this...
The omelette looks wonderful. It all does.
I should be back in March. Let's see what COVID's doing then.

Quote:
Wow. I haven't seen a menu like that in a long time. Looks yummy!
Yes, everything that I have had at Kristine's was really good. And, they have endured the current crisis by doing takeout, so--hopefully--they will still be around when we can safely get together.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 856,433 times
Quote:
I just paid $2.39 for regular at Costco. I can't get worked up about that.
Biden killed the Pipeline (along with 2,000 jobs) after just a few days in office. Therefore, gas prices will skyrocket, which also leads to higher grocery prices and just about everything else. This time next year, you will be paying at least $4.00/gallon. You liberals have no idea what you just voted for! Just like when you voted for Murphy.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Biden killed the Pipeline (along with 2,000 jobs) after just a few days in office. Therefore, gas prices will skyrocket, which also leads to higher grocery prices and just about everything else. This time next year, you will be paying at least $4.00/gallon. You liberals have no idea what you just voted for! Just like when you voted for Murphy.
I've paid more than that and survived. Meh.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:00 AM

1,142 posts, read 856,433 times
Quote:
I've paid more than that and survived. Meh.
Only an idiot would vote for higher gas prices though and thats exactly what liberals did! SMH

Old 01-29-2021, 11:32 AM
46H

1,651 posts, read 1,398,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Nope.

Alberta oil sand production costs are $75-$85/barrel just to pull it out of the ground. As long as the barrel price of oil stays where it is, Alberta sand oil will sell at a loss if anybody wants it.

WTI Crude is 52.22/bar today
Brent Crude is 55.92/bar today
Opec Crude is 54.36/bar today
https://oilprice.com/

Who pays $85/barrel? The answer is nobody.

Canada oil sands production has a huge problem going forward as it continues to operate at a loss. The world is awash in oil and usage is down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey