Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 12,285 times

Advertisements

I'm always looking at properties on Zillow and Realtor and they always have the school districts associated with those properties attached to the listings. They use a number system, but how reliable is that? Niche.com I have been using too which states that Point Pleasant Beach has the top public high school in Ocean County, but if you were looking at realtor.com and a house in PPB, they give it like a 6/10. Is Niche.com a reliable source for school systems or is there a better one to use that you know of?

Any way, I'm curious (Being that I live in Bergen County), how schools (elementary, middle, and high) as a whole stack up against the schools in Bergen County. Which school districts in Monmouth & Ocean have very quality schools from your experiences? I live in Lyndhurst now and I have a 1 year old so it's not like my son will be going to school any time soon, but I'm thinking long term, the future, and I'd like to live closer to the beach in a good area, a safe area, a less dense area, and an area that has quality school districts. I'd like to buy a 3/4 bedroom, 2 bath house for $450,000 or less that has the above qualities to them. I'm probably overreaching by scouting out schools while my son is only 1 years old but I'd like to settle down for good in Monmouth or Ocean County. I like it down there.

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure I forgot to include info---but anything you could impart would be useful to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 09:50 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase0909 View Post
I'm always looking at properties on Zillow and Realtor and they always have the school districts associated with those properties attached to the listings. They use a number system, but how reliable is that? Niche.com I have been using too which states that Point Pleasant Beach has the top public high school in Ocean County, but if you were looking at realtor.com and a house in PPB, they give it like a 6/10. Is Niche.com a reliable source for school systems or is there a better one to use that you know of?

Any way, I'm curious (Being that I live in Bergen County), how schools (elementary, middle, and high) as a whole stack up against the schools in Bergen County. Which school districts in Monmouth & Ocean have very quality schools from your experiences? I live in Lyndhurst now and I have a 1 year old so it's not like my son will be going to school any time soon, but I'm thinking long term, the future, and I'd like to live closer to the beach in a good area, a safe area, a less dense area, and an area that has quality school districts. I'd like to buy a 3/4 bedroom, 2 bath house for $450,000 or less that has the above qualities to them. I'm probably overreaching by scouting out schools while my son is only 1 years old but I'd like to settle down for good in Monmouth or Ocean County. I like it down there.

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure I forgot to include info---but anything you could impart would be useful to me.
How good do the schools have to be? Are we talking Midland Park/Fair Lawn/Paramus-level good or Tenafly/Ridgewood/Glen Rock-level good?

Certainly Monmouth has excellent school districts, but not nearly as many as Bergen County does. I could be wrong, but I’m not sure if you can find anything of that caliber in Ocean County.

With your budget, I would consider looking in Howell or Jackson. Probably won’t buy much nowadays but you can still get something in town. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey