Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 08:05 AM

1,215 posts, read 3,288,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlybutterfly View Post
Thank you for your thoughtful responses. I need to remember that. I don't think my judgment is towards class at all, it's really been towards the social climate as a result of the politics over the last year. Working in healthcare through the pandemic & losing multiple family members, I have really been disturbed & distressed by the handling of this, the resulting societal division & harm, conspiracies *sigh* but I need to be more mindful of how I could be contributing to that instead of helping it.

Anyway...my calculation for Ramsey might be off? I guess I assumed it would take time to drive, park, walk to the train, etc. I know nothing about the parking situation at any of the stations. I actually really like Ramsey it would be great if the commute is reasonable to Penn! What do you think? Do you know anything about the driving/parking situation at the Ramsey station for residents??

Attachment 226978
I don't know that it's judgment in an absolute sense, as much as it's a case of self-perspective. We look through the lenses we look through, for whatever reason, good or bad. However, the real issue -- obstacle -- is one's ability to have awareness in and around that, and also the desire to look through different lenses, if only for open-mindedness, experience, or countless other reasons.

In the last 20 years, Bergen County as a whole has seen a gradual, very nice, progression toward more diverse, more broad, etc., as far as ethnic, culture, and overall diversity. It's not the statistic that drives the landscape -- it's the people. Statistics don't lie, but statisticians do. LOL. A house, a block, a neighborhood, is not reflective of an entire town or county. No, we don't ignore and aren't completely blind to various instances or trends, but let's not forget the many vs. the one or the few. I've noticed in the past 5 years, some younger people/families moving into my development and neighborhood. They are Indian and Pakistani. Some neighbors have made an inference or two, a slight comment, nothing more. I went out of my way to meet these newcomers. They are warm, wonderful people, some of the finest people I've met in all my years in my neighborhood and development -- and being young, with young children, they bring a new perspective, new thinking, and a vibrancy, not just to my neighborhood and development -- but to life, and me as well.

I think the towns you mentioned -- Ramsey, Allendale, and Wyckoff -- are all wonderful towns. Good luck and all the best!

Perhaps, you attract who you are. You find who you are. You attract and find what you look for, if it's who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 07:15 PM

12 posts, read 14,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
I don't know that it's judgment in an absolute sense, as much as it's a case of self-perspective. We look through the lenses we look through, for whatever reason, good or bad. However, the real issue -- obstacle -- is one's ability to have awareness in and around that, and also the desire to look through different lenses, if only for open-mindedness, experience, or countless other reasons.

In the last 20 years, Bergen County as a whole has seen a gradual, very nice, progression toward more diverse, more broad, etc., as far as ethnic, culture, and overall diversity. It's not the statistic that drives the landscape -- it's the people. Statistics don't lie, but statisticians do. LOL. A house, a block, a neighborhood, is not reflective of an entire town or county. No, we don't ignore and aren't completely blind to various instances or trends, but let's not forget the many vs. the one or the few. I've noticed in the past 5 years, some younger people/families moving into my development and neighborhood. They are Indian and Pakistani. Some neighbors have made an inference or two, a slight comment, nothing more. I went out of my way to meet these newcomers. They are warm, wonderful people, some of the finest people I've met in all my years in my neighborhood and development -- and being young, with young children, they bring a new perspective, new thinking, and a vibrancy, not just to my neighborhood and development -- but to life, and me as well.

I think the towns you mentioned -- Ramsey, Allendale, and Wyckoff -- are all wonderful towns. Good luck and all the best!

Perhaps, you attract who you are. You find who you are. You attract and find what you look for, if it's who you are.
I truly appreciate your words & knowledge. Thank you for offering a beautiful perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey