Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2021, 06:08 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
I wonder if we might have been at the same concert. I was at Bruce's concert there in late '76 or early '77, by which time the old Academy of Music had been re-named as The Palladium. However, everyone whom I knew still referred to it as the Academy of Music.

That concert was one of the two best that I ever attended, and the only downside was the presence of IV drug users. At one point, I wanted to relieve myself in the theater's restroom, but as soon as I saw a couple of people shooting up in there, I made a quick U-turn. While I enjoyed the rest of the concert, I never returned to that venue because of the junkies whom I observed.
Could be. I wish I could remember more. If I were betting, I would say 76. And the name Palladium is familiar too but again, who can remember. I do remember that the area (14th street) was a bit rough- not terrible but NOTHING like the current times.
I think I also saw New Riders of the Purple Sage there.. That might have been 77 or 78..

Old 02-11-2021, 06:19 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what decision is this?

i watch a lot of videos involving cops either illegally searching cars or being challenged in their attempt.

one of the few things worse than politicians is cops.
https://www.njspotlight.com/video/st...er-for-police/

I once had my jacket, purse and trunk searched on the side of 676 when I was about 20 (38 years ago, before this decision or they'd have searched my whole car) when I got pulled over for speeding coming out of Camden. I worked there, as an operator at Lifecall, the "I've fallen and I can't get up" people. I worked 4 till midnight. They didn't believe me. They believed white girls coming out of Camden at midnight are buying drugs, and they treated me like a criminal from the beginning. They walked up to my car, one on each side, shone their flashlights in my face and said "What did you just put down your seat? Get out of the car" Then because they didn't find anything, they gave me a ticket that said I was going 85 when I was probably going 60. When I said I wasn't going 85 they said "So go to court". I felt very lucky they didn't plant a vial on me, because they were so sure I had drugs. I never looked at cops the same way after that.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Are you saying the police was picking on Bruce?

There is another NJ rocker, Jon Bongiovi...
Well did they arrest the other people , the ones who gave the shot to Bruce? If not then it's obvious.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:20 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,841,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Well did they arrest the other people , the ones who gave the shot to Bruce? If not then it's obvious.
New Jersey doesn't have the Vampire law like Texas does....

Old 02-11-2021, 07:24 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,841,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

I once had my jacket, purse and trunk searched on the side of 676 when I was about 20 (38 years ago, before this decision or they'd have searched my whole car) when I got pulled over for speeding coming out of Camden. I worked there, as an operator at Lifecall, the "I've fallen and I can't get up" people. I worked 4 till midnight. They didn't believe me. They believed white girls coming out of Camden at midnight are buying drugs, and they treated me like a criminal from the beginning. They walked up to my car, one on each side, shone their flashlights in my face and said "What did you just put down your seat? Get out of the car" Then because they didn't find anything, they gave me a ticket that said I was going 85 when I was probably going 60. When I said I wasn't going 85 they said "So go to court". I felt very lucky they didn't plant a vial on me, because they were so sure I had drugs. I never looked at cops the same way after that.
My HELL experience with police was in East Orange. Very, very similar to the one you had.

Rude
Nasty
Unprofessional
And.. I mean, let's just say it, I was profiled (racially) for being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.

I am "white," guess what "color" the police were.

I'm sorry, they didn't have to treat me how they did.

Now, that was a royal mess.. I actually was robbed, my face was a bloody mess, and I did not have my keys, wallet, GLASSES, phone, ran down street to call and shop STILL didn't want to call, I feared for my life.. the way I was treated was disgusting... very similar to you.

I WANT to believe that not all police are bad but in my town.. we have at least ONE total J.A. *and he is training another young officer, Hatt... and the Sergeant is one of those that would rather put YOU on the defensive, and be as UNHELPFUL as possible. Blue Wall.

They generally leave everyone alone now but I stare no my rear view as I pass. Because I'm ready to floor it. Lets see that no-chase policy, since they can't be bothered anyway.

What they say? Show me..

Old 02-11-2021, 07:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:

That decision actually does appear to allow cops to do what I see then do all the time around the country. I guess nj had a higher standard. Shame they caved to the cops. Those judges should be locked up.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
My HELL experience with police was in East Orange. Very, very similar to the one you had.

Rude
Nasty
Unprofessional
And.. I mean, let's just say it, I was profiled (racially) for being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.

I am "white," guess what "color" the police were.

I'm sorry, they didn't have to treat me how they did.

Now, that was a royal mess.. I actually was robbed, my face was a bloody mess, and I did not have my keys, wallet, GLASSES, phone, ran down street to call and shop STILL didn't want to call, I feared for my life.. the way I was treated was disgusting... very similar to you.

I WANT to believe that not all police are bad but in my town.. we have at least ONE total J.A. *and he is training another young officer, Hatt... and the Sergeant is one of those that would rather put YOU on the defensive, and be as UNHELPFUL as possible. Blue Wall.

They generally leave everyone alone now but I stare no my rear view as I pass. Because I'm ready to floor it. Lets see that no-chase policy, since they can't be bothered anyway.

What they say? Show me..
There are no good cops and we won't be free until they are all locked up

Old 02-11-2021, 07:55 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Sandy Hook is also Federal property.

This isn't just blowing .02 on any street.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Sandy Hook is also Federal property.

This isn't just blowing .02 on any street.
Federal property is special to you?

Old 02-11-2021, 08:33 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

I have a friend (actually the on again/off again married bf of a friend) who is a cop, and he told me a few years ago, probably when I was your age (62 now) "Women your age are invisible to us. You can drive down the road with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other, and we won't even see you."

I haven't tested the complete theory, but when I see a cop, I look right at them, and he's right. Their eyes glaze right over, and I'm not there. And that works just fine for me. Invisibility can be a superpower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey