Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 11:24 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's one of the dumbest things you've ever said on this forum, Danny Boy. LOL.
There is quite a list of dumb posts to consider, so I think we need to emphasize the word "one".

Old 02-25-2021, 02:19 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,842,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
There is quite a list of dumb posts to consider, so I think we need to emphasize the word "one".
Some posters make more than others.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:18 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,842,197 times
My car is running GREAT, btw

Old 02-27-2021, 01:04 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
My car is running GREAT, btw
I had to buy a new modem yesterday and my coffee maker died this morning.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's one of the dumbest things you've ever said on this forum, Danny Boy. LOL.
Dumb that I said Bruce should do some time? Of course he should do some time. He was drunk and endangered himself along with everyone else on NJ roads. Hes a role model and should be held to higher standards.

If Bruce can throw back a bunch of shots and drinks, go for a drive than so can I. $500 is pocket change money to me and I dont really mind either if I get off this easy.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Dumb that I said Bruce should do some time? Of course he should do some time. He was drunk and endangered himself along with everyone else on NJ roads. Hes a role model and should be held to higher standards.

If Bruce can throw back a bunch of shots and drinks, go for a drive than so can I. $500 is pocket change money to me and I dont really mind either if I get off this easy.
1. he wasnt drunk
2. he wasnt on nj roads
3. celebrities arent role models, nobody believes this including you. also, nobody believes that crimianl penalties should be harsher for "role models."

go ahead, have fun.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:06 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,275 times
Quote:

If the quantity of alcohol you've consumed is only sufficient to get you to a 0.02 on the breathalyzer and you're over 21, you can certainly do that with about zero legal risk to you.

If you consume that alcohol somewhere that it's legal to consume alcohol, you'll even have $0 in fines instead of $500.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:49 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:

He wasn't drunk, he was .02. One quarter of the amount needed to meet the threshold for DUI.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:23 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:

If ignorance is bliss, you must be in heaven!

I see you go by alternative facts. If the truth doesn't fit you make up your own. Very trumpish of you.

1) Wasn't drunk ,not close.

2) Wasn't driving , wasn't even on the bike when the incident occurred.

3) You ignore the fact the fans that asked Bruce to do the shot had been drinking for awhile and killed off the bottle , were not ticketed or fined.
4) You think Bruce got off so you can do it . Do you know whet the word "intent" means . Bruce did not go out intending to get the shot or the ticket, you are.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:36 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
LOL, threads like this always bring out the "one time in band camp" stories where a police officer "was mean to me" aka doing his/her job. Ad then everyone else is called a hater?

NJ law didn't apply in this situation. He faced a federal magistrate, charged with federal violations, by a federal officer operating outside of NJ-specific laws and state court precedents regarding right to privacy, and was prosecuted by a (probably very junior) Assistant US Attorney. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you don't have to be .08 as mentioned in one federal regulation to be arrested or found guilty, you just have to be under the influence to the extent that you are incapable of safe operation as laid out in another regulation. And yes, under federal precedent, being in control of the bike qualifies as driving for the purposes of the federal DUI charge. In this case the judge didn't buy the argument for intoxication, though it doesn't appear all the evidence was introduced either due to the plea. Since he was clearly guilty of the other consuming alcohol in a closed area violation, everyone goes home happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey