Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 02:39 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember the anti-gay thing and some gay people saying they didn't care because they liked the food. No big deal if they close Sundays. So does my favorite local pizza place. It says on their sign that they are closed Sunday because that's family day.
I've heard that, too, which is mind boggling to me because the CEO is rabidly against the LGBTQ community. I'm not gay, but I won't eat there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 02:50 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I've heard that, too, which is mind boggling to me because the CEO is rabidly against the LGBTQ community. I'm not gay, but I won't eat there.
I'm not gay, either, but I don't eat much fried chicken and if I do, it's going to be Popeye's. I've never had a Chik-Fil-A in my sight, either, but when that was in the news, it turned out there was one at the Monmouth Mall, which I also tried to avoid unless absolutely necessary.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
I'm not gay, either, but I don't eat much fried chicken and if I do, it's going to be Popeye's. I've never had a Chik-Fil-A in my sight, either, but when that was in the news, it turned out there was one at the Monmouth Mall, which I also tried to avoid unless absolutely necessary.
im with you on popeyes! its rare that i get it though. actually on the way back from tennis lessons yesterday my older daughter wanted to pick up some chick fila. i was about to head over but then i remembered the sunday thing. it disgusts me that these people are too busy worshipping jesus to make my daughter some chicken.

oh and about the gay stuff, how bad was the anti-gay activity? i believe they donated to
groups that promote traditional marriage but im not sure what else. i dont agree with that but i cant be surpised a religious christian would donate to groups opposing gay marriage. i think over time that is a battle we have won but at one point not too long ago i remember barack obama even spoke against gay marriage. so we have to accept that people will evolve and we cant just say they are evil and write them all off. even though i do like to mess with them.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im with you on popeyes! its rare that i get it though. actually on the way back from tennis lessons yesterday my older daughter wanted to pick up some chick fila. i was about to head over but then i remembered the sunday thing. it disgusts me that these people are too busy worshipping jesus to make my daughter some chicken.

oh and about the gay stuff, how bad was the anti-gay activity? i believe they donated to
groups that promote traditional marriage but im not sure what else. i dont agree with that but i cant be surpised a religious christian would donate to groups opposing gay marriage. i think over time that is a battle we have won but at one point not too long ago i remember barack obama even spoke against gay marriage. so we have to accept that people will evolve and we cant just say they are evil and write them all off. even though i do like to mess with them.
I never heard that Obama was against gay marriage at any point. I don't really remember him saying anything about it, but then again, I don't watch the news that much.

But this thread is about Colts Neck and insanely high property taxes. I bet there are gay people in Colts Neck who pay those taxes. I wonder if they eat Chik-Fil-A.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:43 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,837,740 times
Quote:
I never heard that Obama was against gay marriage at any point. I don't really remember him saying anything about it, but then again, I don't watch the news that much.

But this thread is about Colts Neck and insanely high property taxes. I bet there are gay people in Colts Neck who pay those taxes. I wonder if they eat Chik-Fil-A.
What would Chick-Fil-A have to do with it?

As to Obama.. I think, in his very early term (first two years etc, it's been awhile) I think he was originally "against" it, but then became on board.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:45 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,837,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Ahhh, maybe that's it.

I have never had Chick-Fil-A I go to Burger King on Duquesne Ave in Brick NJ (sometimes. Totally random. Chicken sandwich) but I feel that all you're missing at CFA is a long line.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
What would Chick-Fil-A have to do with it?

As to Obama.. I think, in his very early term (first two years etc, it's been awhile) I think he was originally "against" it, but then became on board.
You had to be following the off-topic conversation and see that I was trying to (humorously) tie it in to the topic.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:

i cant say that im currently aware of any gay people in holmdel. i dont know as many people in colts neck but the ones i know arent gay. if i see any, ill be sure to ask them their feelings about chik fila (as long as they promise not to get too serious).

Old 06-15-2021, 11:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
I remember the anti-gay thing and some gay people saying they didn't care because they liked the food. No big deal if they close Sundays. So does my favorite local pizza place. It says on their sign that they are closed Sunday because that's family day.
I have no problem with that. I wish they would bring back the "Blue Laws" again, things were nice then.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:42 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,239,225 times
Quote:

Obama ran his first presidential campaign in 2008 as being opposed to gay marriage.

Though, he was for civil unions. And he was opposed to Bill Clinton's Defense of Marriage Act.

Quote:
— Obama on the definition of marriage: “I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian … for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union” (Saddleback presidential forum, Aug. 16, 2008).
https://www.baptistpress.com/resourc...on-gay-rights/

As to Chick-Fil-A, we often order if for lunch for the department. They make a really good chicken sandwich. But since we have several gay male nurse anesthetists working for us, I often wonder if the person that does the ordering doesn't know the history, or maybe they do and they just don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey