Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 AM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
woohoo!!!!! chicken nuggets!!!

you see the new chick fila in hazlet? thing has had a line all around it past the movie theater every time i look over there. amazing how desperate people are for mediocre chicken sandwiches.
They sent out coupons for free sandwiches, expiring 5/31. The line is probably more normal now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 10:40 AM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
as Yogi said "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded." They have close to 2500 restaurants, they are wildly successful.

QSR Magazine released a report that the average Chick-fil-A makes about $4.4 million in sales per year — $1.7 million more than the next best restaurant, Whataburger. In fact, Chick-fil-A makes more per restaurant than McDonald's, Subway and Starbucks combined, even while being closed every Sunday. Owners make $200K per year at 5%

40 locations in NJ...They are in 47 states.. Chick-Fil-A Is Third-Largest Fast-Food Chain in US by sales

Old 06-08-2021, 04:37 PM

81 posts, read 79,655 times
To the original topic and some follow-ups, I am not sure why people think Colts Neck's property taxes are high. For the land/house size, the taxes are comparatively low versus neighboring towns. A $1mm house in Marlboro is taxed at $20k or so, a $1mm house in CN is $16k or so. The $1mm house in Marlboro would likely be a bit larger, however. To the one saying they're worried about Marlboro having more Staten Islanders for the next 10 years...I hate to break it to you, but Marlboro has had Staten Islanders come down since they started building Whittier Oaks in 1968. They eventually evolve and become Marlboroites (Marlboroans?). Frankly, you're likely the second or third full generation of Staten Islanders to move to the area.

And yeah, the market is crazy right now. Either need patience and wait for it to cool, or jump when you see something good. I grew up here, moved away for a few years and moved back last year. Best decision I ever made was coming back to the Monmouth County area.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:07 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
as Yogi said "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded." They have close to 2500 restaurants, they are wildly successful.

QSR Magazine released a report that the average Chick-fil-A makes about $4.4 million in sales per year — $1.7 million more than the next best restaurant, Whataburger. In fact, Chick-fil-A makes more per restaurant than McDonald's, Subway and Starbucks combined, even while being closed every Sunday. Owners make $200K per year at 5%

40 locations in NJ...They are in 47 states.. Chick-Fil-A Is Third-Largest Fast-Food Chain in US by sales
You do realize McD's make most of it's money on real estate .Chic fil A food isn't that good, breakfast is ok.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 PM

182 posts, read 136,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
They sent out coupons for free sandwiches, expiring 5/31. The line is probably more normal now.
Ah, those same knuckleheads with their groupons.
Worst customers in the world for any business.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
CFA are franchises. How do you know what the owner of that location believes?
It's not news..............

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values...closed-sundays

Old 06-10-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
CFA restaurants make $3-5M per outlet. Slim margins?

When did this country start hating Christians so much?

Curious, do you believe everything the owner of your business believes? Or do you have your own company?
Please quote the post anyone said anything about hating Christians? I'll wait!

It'd part of the franchise agreement you must do it their way or you lose it.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
im not even sure why he initially brought that up. i dont know anyone who eats there because of their jesusness. i think they became an issue when it came to gay marriage. i never heard anyone complain about them closing on sundays.

we had one in my college cafeteria so i ate their food plenty of times. i never even noticed then that they closed on sundays, too hungover i guess.
What was relevant about you calling the Chic Fil A employees "minions"???

Old 06-10-2021, 09:39 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
What was relevant about you calling the Chic Fil A employees "minions"???
relevant to what? i thought it looked funny and it was based on my observation of what they looked like. are you as irritable in person as you are on the internets?

Old 06-10-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
relevant to what? i thought it looked funny and it was based on my observation of what they looked like. are you as irritable in person as you are on the internets?
Says the person who cries every time a Police Officer goes by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey