Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:06 PM

279 posts, read 1,347,804 times

Advertisements

I live in Saddle Brook now. It's an ok town but now that we have a child, we are leaving. I wouldn't want to put my child into the school system here, especially the high school. We're looking to move to an area where the schools are much better.

As far as commute, it's pretty good actually. With the Essex Street bridge closure, it only takes me 30 minutes to get into and out of the city. I'm sure once the bridge opens again, it will be back to an hour commute. The easy accessability to shopping and highways is very convenient. Like the other poster mentioned, we do have very bad flooding problems during heavy storms.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 01:29 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,685,650 times
I love lyndhurst! but the schooling can be rough, the kids like to tease.
I didnt go to Lyndhurst high but my sisters husband did and said his sister was tormented and the brother also. They had it rough. But the town is soo nice and clean and has so many convient little shops and transportation. They keep it fresh to like Renovating buildings, parks, Plants, etc. Its also affordable for bergen.

Saddle brooke is more $$ pricey but is clean. I driven through it to pick up my daughter from a friend recently. So i dont know much about it.

a

Old 06-17-2008, 10:56 AM

88 posts, read 536,090 times
All of which you have mentioned are great Italian neighborhoods. Can't go wrong with either! Forza Italia

Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM

438 posts, read 964,927 times
the floods are bad in Saddle Brook too....
they keep building and building and building to "ease the tax burden" on people yet they keep RAISING the taxes. It's a matter of time before the mayor is dragged out in handcuffs as well.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 PM

5 posts, read 13,981 times
Lynhurst.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,230 times
Default lost friend

Hi I hope you don't mind my crashing this forum just to ask any of the good folk of Saddlebrook if they might have any information on an old friend of mine: Colleen Wagner (maiden name) of Wilson Street - aged 53 or so now . Thanks for your help.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,883 times
I live in Saddle Brook, it is clean and close to major highways. However, the grammer schools are good (but really depends on teacher!), the middle school & high school are horror shows. It can be cliquey here, but what else is new in NJ? The properties have been reassessed & taxes are going up, but they still aren't helping the school system. Looking to high tail it outta here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey