Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 06:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You simply can't compare to Georgia because the cost of doing business there is super low and near year around warm weather. This is just a publicity stunt to show the liberal audience how woke they are.
Exactly, this is not a serious attempt. It was just a silly publicity stunt. It would be interesting to see an analysis of how murphy's people feel this leads to positive outcomes for him (which it likely does).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 05:25 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
NJ Spotlight News discusses this topic:

https://www.njspotlight.com/video/mu...eid=c72ddca9ce

Old 04-06-2021, 08:17 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not bribery to give someone a bottle of water, that is patently ridiculous. Many of them are older people. There are a lot of people who have to stand in line to vote for hours and hours. They have fewer polling places especially in districts that vote blue. What an insult to people's intelligence to think being handed water is enough to get them to change their vote.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92452...few-polling-pl

https://www.governing.com/archive/sl...ck-voters.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VV09J

Can you provide evidence that people are passing out in voter lines from dehydration? Additionally the law doesn't do enough and limits people giving out free drinks/snacks 150ft from a polling station (so yes the stuff is still there and free). Yes, it does persuade many people to vote for a candidate, especially for positions the public (standard voter) doesn't have much information/knowledge about, but they handed me a drink so ill vote for them.

The main argument against the law is that black people are to dumb or to poor to afford an ID. The whole argument is absurd and the people who think like this are the racists. This naivety that is being used for this argument is that its very open and apparent there is a lot of fraud happening in the election and controls need to be put in place to have fair elections for Americans.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:37 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

The main argument against the law is that black people are to dumb or to poor to afford an ID. The whole argument is absurd and the people who think like this are the racists
. This naivety that is being used for this argument is that its very open and apparent there is a lot of fraud happening in the election and controls need to be put in place to have fair elections for Americans.

Almost as absurd as the idea that you can buy a vote with a .25 cent bottle of water.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:35 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Can you provide evidence that people are passing out in voter lines from dehydration? Additionally the law doesn't do enough and limits people giving out free drinks/snacks 150ft from a polling station (so yes the stuff is still there and free). Yes, it does persuade many people to vote for a candidate, especially for positions the public (standard voter) doesn't have much information/knowledge about, but they handed me a drink so ill vote for them.

The main argument against the law is that black people are to dumb or to poor to afford an ID. The whole argument is absurd and the people who think like this are the racists. This naivety that is being used for this argument is that its very open and apparent there is a lot of fraud happening in the election and controls need to be put in place to have fair elections for Americans.
Never said anyone was passing out. Don’t put words in my mouth. There is not a lot of fraud. There’s been something like 31 documented cases of fraud in the last 20 years or so.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Never said anyone was passing out. Don’t put words in my mouth. There is not a lot of fraud. There’s been something like 31 documented cases of fraud in the last 20 years or so.
I think there are tremendous amounts of fraud but it's just not investigated, seen, etc. It's really easy to commit fraud and nobody is really looking so hard at it. I think they need to do better than provide us with the number of prosecutions to demonstrate how rare or common it is.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:44 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
So if no at danger whats the point of handing out food and water from a candidate at the poll?

Theres more fraud than that even in our own backyard. Paterson, NJ was busted with voter fraud this year that election results were forced to be voided.

The thing is without proper controls in place its difficult to detect and prosecute. It takes alot of work to say its fraud once its occured.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:21 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
So if no at danger whats the point of handing out food and water from a candidate at the poll?

Theres more fraud than that even in our own backyard. Paterson, NJ was busted with voter fraud this year that election results were forced to be voided.

The thing is without proper controls in place its difficult to detect and prosecute. It takes alot of work to say its fraud once its occured.
Because it's hard to go that long without water, and for an elderly person it could be a danger. But it's just common decency, for goodness' sake. It's patently absurd to think giving someone a cup of water casts doubt on fair elections, it's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I think many of you guys have been brainwashed by media and politicians.

I guarantee if the election had different results, you wouldn't see this rush to change laws.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:46 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
Because it's hard to go that long without water, and for an elderly person it could be a danger. But it's just common decency, for goodness' sake. It's patently absurd to think giving someone a cup of water casts doubt on fair elections, it's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I think many of you guys have been brainwashed by media and politicians.

I guarantee if the election had different results, you wouldn't see this rush to change laws.
This is absolutely certain - on both sides of the aisle.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:23 PM

195 posts, read 135,801 times
Quote:
It's not lies. They made it a crime to give water or food to anyone standing in line to vote, for God's sake. They put one polling place for ten thousand people in cities and communities that vote Democrat, and 20 in Red suburbs, so that in those cities people have to stand in line for 7 hours to vote, and now you can get arrested if you give a cup of water to the little old lady standing there for hours trying to exercise her Constitutional right. It is so obvious what they are doing, to everyone but the willfully blind.
Actually within 25 feet of a voter. interesting u use the term “old lady”. Are you trying to use emotions to argue an issue with omitted facts?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey