Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 10:43 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times

Advertisements

I think what happened was that black people actually voted and the former plantation owners were like wtf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 03:41 AM

195 posts, read 135,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think what happened was that black people actually voted and the former plantation owners were like wtf.
I am black and im fake offended by your post. But seriously here is the law. Everyone one this forum should just read the law for themselves. the water thing is on page 73 titled of the document section 33. https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttoo...bcb56/full.pdf

Here is what's going on here

1) Black people have no issue getting ID as, the notion that its “racist” is ridiculous and offensive. If you need a protest permit to exercise a constitutional right and u need a “firearm ID “( in NJ) to exercise another consitutional right why would it be unreasonable to expect ID to vote.

2) Both parties want to suppress the votes of the opposite but for two different reasons

3) Dems want to flood voter rolls with people that want “stuff” which often means resources. Dems use emotions and the human desire for resources to take from person A and give to person B. They do this by demonizing person A or obscuring the transfer. The purpose of this is not righteous but for power. Power for which they will and have undoubtedly carve out special privileges for themselves. this is why the “political class” or administrative class does so will in communist countries.

Dems also capitalize on human narcissism and the need to “appear righteous”. Often limousine liberals and political class , again, carve exceptions and exceptions for themselves because the have no intention of feeling the negative consequences of their ideology. This is why Cuomo, Newsom, Northam can get away with such blatant and immoral hypocrisy.

4) GOP is trying to suppress what they think is the “low information” voter that will indeed vote a certain way for a burger and fries. Or vote a certain way because an tv anchor or celebrity told them to. Or vote a certain way because of peer pressure or to be “trendy”. The problems of course , even stupid have the right to vote even if it harms the country.

5) OUR government is one of checks and balances. its not a democracy by design. because even a majority elected government can be harmful to human rights. A judge can overrule a jury, governor can overule the sentence of a judge. these checks and balance were put in place to shield the individual from tyranny and mob mentality

Last edited by Cptjcz; 04-08-2021 at 03:50 AM..

Old 04-08-2021, 07:09 AM

74 posts, read 118,195 times
Really great reply there cptjcz.

What I'd say is this... If Trump won the election and republicans maintained control of the Georgia senate seats, in no way would Republicans re-write their own voting laws because the fact is that they were secure enough for years. No one can disagree - there has never been any proof of widespread voter fraud in this country, even when states added conveniences due to the Pandemic - Your feelings/gut instincts on this subject do not matter. This was all litigated by the courts so case closed. Thus it is true, the basis on which Repubs are rewriting these laws is based on a lie, a lie I hope conservative media pays dearly for with these dominion lawsuits.

Regarding common sense legislation. I agree there is lots of hyperbole on both sides, but net/net, the law is worst for people that tend to vote Blue, by design. I actually have no issue with Voter ID, and Georgia as well as other states that require ID allow for plenty of ID types. But if you are going to put these laws in place, you need to make sure there is equal opportunity for everyone to get the IDs, understand the rules, and have consistent ease of access to the polls. Now, repubs say these laws increase access to the polls - yes, for RURAL areas. I'm not going to make this a color thing - but no one can deny - those that live in the urban centers are disadvantaged. They have less polling places per capita, less drop boxes, less ability to travel to the limited drop boxes/polls (these urban cities in the south are SPRAWLING). Sheesh - the law says you can't pass water out to people waiting in line, which acknowledges the problem of long lines, but does zero to actually fix the long lines!!!!!

Then there are the other issues.. stripping power from the election commissioner, the state government can override counties, mail in ballot counting must wait, etc.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:03 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
CA NY MA GA FL IL I know are the top 6

Didn't even know nj had any importance in this field. Hmm guess you learn something everyday

Old 04-09-2021, 10:58 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
I wouldn't hold my breath but this would be really great for NJ.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:15 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Reading through this thread while helicopters have been hovering over Jersey City for hours for a Marvel 2 shoot this afternoon/evening.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:49 PM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Reading through this thread while helicopters have been hovering over Jersey City for hours for a Marvel 2 shoot this afternoon/evening.
That’s so cool!

Old 04-20-2021, 09:13 AM

181 posts, read 378,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-jer...ck-11617314734

I think this is a good idea.

Imagine if NJ got that marvel money?

NJ is where the motion picture was invented. Los angles is over-hyped.

Georgia does not deserve that money. Sherman burned it for a reason.

NJ will have to compete with Australia for that Marvel money. Disney acquired a whole film lot in the Fox acquisition, and they're going to move a bunch of Marvel projects slated to film in Georgia, to Australia.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:38 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post

The Wu-Tang series on Hulu was filmed this week in Elmwood Park

https://www.northjersey.com/story/en...nj/7284214002/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey