Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:18 AM

4 posts, read 5,640 times

Advertisements

We're looking at both Woodcliff Lake and Park Ridge for a home, but we do not see many people talking about either towns here. Are they not desirable towns? Can some people give me some pluses and minuses as well as anything we should avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,976 times
They are small towns and don't have the same elite reputation as some of the more high profile towns in the county. If a commute to NYC is a priority, the Main/Bergen County lines are better than the Pascack Valley line that serves Woodcliff Lake / Park Ridge. And being this far north in Bergen County, generally, means you're outside of NJT bus service, which again is not ideal. What are YOU looking for?

Old 04-09-2021, 02:39 PM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChalke View Post
We're looking at both Woodcliff Lake and Park Ridge for a home, but we do not see many people talking about either towns here. Are they not desirable towns? Can some people give me some pluses and minuses as well as anything we should avoid?
Compared to say, Saddle River? Yes.

Compared to 99.9999% of towns? No. Woodcliff Lake is a HIGHLY desirable town. One of the most sought after in the state. Park Ridge is a half-step down from that. Both excellent towns. As are basically every nearby town.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:25 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
If this thread ain’t trollin’, it’s the funniest post I’ve read in a long time.

They’re horrible towns. Check out Irvington (NJ, not NY, which is a way worse town) and Camden instead.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:23 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Of course! Who would dare move someplace that no one is talking about on forums?!?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-10-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Compared to say, Saddle River? Yes.

Compared to 99.9999% of towns? No. Woodcliff Lake is a HIGHLY desirable town. One of the most sought after in the state. Park Ridge is a half-step down from that. Both excellent towns. As are basically every nearby town.
Would Saddle River still be desirable after the Rosie O'donnell property conversion?

Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
They are small towns and don't have the same elite reputation as some of the more high profile towns in the county. If a commute to NYC is a priority, the Main/Bergen County lines are better than the Pascack Valley line that serves Woodcliff Lake / Park Ridge. And being this far north in Bergen County, generally, means you're outside of NJT bus service, which again is not ideal. What are YOU looking for?
Close to a lot of things, but quiet. There's a property we're looking at that's on two dead end streets. Since I've not seen these towns talked about much, I wasn't sure if they were worth looking into. As we all know, there's a COVID premium being baked into the RE prices. We're under contract, so we have to start looking. I wasn't crazy about Saddle River or Frankie Lakes due to septic. We're coming from a septic sysem, and it's not been fun.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post

They’re horrible towns. Check out Irvington (NJ, not NY, which is a way worse town) and Camden instead.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:22 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post

LMAO! Yeah, remember President and Mrs. Nixon wanted to live in Camden but they had to settle for Park Ridge instead.

Gotta love people who think some of the wealthiest places in the world are "not desirable" enough because there are even wealthier ones!

Old 04-10-2021, 04:34 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChalke View Post
Close to a lot of things, but quiet. There's a property we're looking at that's on two dead end streets. Since I've not seen these towns talked about much, I wasn't sure if they were worth looking into. As we all know, there's a COVID premium being baked into the RE prices. We're under contract, so we have to start looking. I wasn't crazy about Saddle River or Frankie Lakes due to septic. We're coming from a septic sysem, and it's not been fun.
Park Ridge seems a little busier to me, but neither are particularly "happening". You might as well look at Ramsey, Allendale, and Montvale if upper Bergen County is your jam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey