Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 08:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,549,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
get the vaccine or don't makes no difference to most Americans. Just accept the stigma attached to those who don't get it. Low class and ignorant is the vibe attributed to the anti-vaxxers.
its an interesting concept, perception and treatment by others who are vaccinated towards people who are not vaccinated. i am curious to see how that goes. i dont intend to be vaccinated and my wife is strongly against it. i dont have strong feelings about it. many of our friends are vaccinated and the attitude generally seems to be that they are safe so what other people do is their choice. i think there are fringe people who are passionate about forcing others to vaccinate to achieve "herd immunity" so they may care more but i dont think many of our friends are like that and im not going to be concerned about the opinion of those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 08:45 AM

23,830 posts, read 33,360,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
The CEO of Moderna stated since the J&J vaccine was halted there has been a decrease in people willing to be vaccinated. The reported 6 people with blood clotting issues doesn't take into account the hundreds who suffered low platelet counts from the vaccines. The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons state that all the covid vaccines should be watched for blood clots.

My friend who is in the medical field seeing patients said her sister had such a bad swelling reaction to the J&J shot, she cancelled her appointment to get vaccinated. Additionally, she told me one female doctor she knows got covid after being vaccinated.

The New York Times recently had an article listing the people the vaccine might not work on, among them are the immuno-compromised (sp?) and individuals over 80. The Times has another article stating that since the shots are injected into a muscle, the immune system may not be able to take out the virus in the naval cavities, it would be a race between covid multiplying and the antibodies getting them on time, so a nasal viral preventative would work better.

I read a report stating only 30% of Americans have been vaccinated, yet ABC news is reporting the figure is over 50%, which figure is accurate?

I'm not seeing anything about a decline but I do feel there is because tons of places have open appointments. I've also gotten a few phone calls from the NJ vaccine tracker site that some have opened up, telling me where to go. When I made hubs Sam's club appointment Monday, there were lots of appointments open all week.

All I can tell you is NJ says 86.35 vaccines have been given out of what they've gotten. You can look at the link to see other states too. I believe the numbers in NH weren't adding up. They'd given more shots then vaccines received.

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: April 21

Quote:
New Hampshire has administered the highest percentage of COVID-19 vaccines they have received, according to the CDC's COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration data tracker.

The CDC's data tracker compiles data from healthcare facilities and public health authorities. It updates daily to report the total number of COVID-19 vaccines that have been distributed to each state and the total number each state has administered.

As of 6 a.m. EDT April 20, a total of 272,030,795 vaccine doses had been distributed in the U.S., and 213,388,238 had been administered, or 78.44 percent. Additionally, 133,266,995 people had received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 86,223,506 had been fully vaccinated. That means 40.1 percent of the U.S. population had received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 26 percent had been fully vaccinated.

Below are the states and Washington, D.C., ranked by the percentage of COVID-19 vaccines they've administered of those that have been distributed to them. Some numbers may not reflect the actual number of vaccines administered, as coding problems and data lags have hindered efforts to accurately count and publicly report how many doses are administered daily in some states.

7. New Jersey
Doses distributed to state: 7,429,225
Doses administered: 6,415,408
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 86.35

Old 04-21-2021, 08:52 AM

19,057 posts, read 25,194,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post

I read a report stating only 30% of Americans have been vaccinated, yet ABC news is reporting the figure is over 50%, which figure is accurate?
According to The CDC:
Almost 130 million people 18 or older have received at least one dose of a vaccine, or 50.4 percent of the total adult population. Almost 84 million adults, or about 32.5 percent of the population, have been fully vaccinated.

So, I think that The Devil is in the details. ABC is correct if you are talking about those who are now fully vaccinated. The lower figure is accurate if you count just those who gotten only their first shot of either of the 2-dose vaccines.

As regards this state, Johns Hopkins Med reports that...
In New Jersey, 4,119,225 people (46.4%) have received at least one dose and 2,673,898 (30.1%) are fully vaccinated. New Jersey has administered 95% of their supply of vaccine doses. Fewer than 0.001% of people who have received a dose experienced a severe adverse reaction.

Last edited by Retriever; 04-21-2021 at 09:04 AM..

Old 04-21-2021, 09:01 AM

962 posts, read 537,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Nah. It's sure not a good way to sway anyone who is on the fence or has reservations about this vaccine, though. I mean, if you wanted to persuade someone to take a certain action - any action - would you start by denigrating them?

As my grandma always told me, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Not that I listened to her. Stubbornness and a strong independent streak seems to be a family trait, and I got it from her, lol. My youngest got it the worst. If I remember correctly, his first full sentence was "My do it." (In other words, leave me alone and don't tell me what to do.)
I don't disagree. It's a known fact that arguing with someone only reinforces their beliefs, so arguing online with an anti-vaxxer is just not going to yield a positive result.

Since vaccine hesitancy is very highly correlated to political preference, I've tried by arguing that these vaccines are the result of the Trump Administration. That the USA is brimming with mRNA vaccines while the rest of the world eagerly waits is because of policies put in place last year. Why doesn't Fox News tout this? Operation Warp Speed is an amazing success, and the USA (now at least) is doing better than Europe in containing COVID because of Operation Warp Speed. We will be sitting on a vaccine stockpile that the world would happily pay for (I don't know if this is unsavory, but its my tax dollars paying it, I don't want to donate billions of dollars worth of investment).

Would you believe conservatives don't like this argument either? I just don't know how we sway vaccine hesitant people. After seeing the world beg for mRNA doses, when such vaccines are available to all of us, for free, right now you'd think they'd come around.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
According to The CDC:
Almost 130 million people 18 or older have received at least one dose of a vaccine, or 50.4 percent of the total adult population. Almost 84 million adults, or about 32.5 percent of the population, have been fully vaccinated.

As regards this state, Johns Hopkins Med reports that...
In New Jersey, 4,119,225 people (46.4%) have received at least one dose and 2,673,898 (30.1%) are fully vaccinated. New Jersey has administered 95% of their supply of vaccine doses. Fewer than 0.001% of people who have received a dose experienced a severe adverse reaction.

Here is the Hopkins COVID site. Interesting they give NJ more then the site I linked to. I wonder why. Mine was updated 30 minutes ago.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:12 PM

7,054 posts, read 19,246,602 times
I had some of the vaccine side effects: headache, mild fever, body aches

But they only lasted a little over 24 hours. They were nowhere near as severe or long lasting as the symptoms of the virus that my cousin fought with for months.

So yeah, the vaccine was worth it IMO.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 PM

10,220 posts, read 19,140,575 times
Got Moderna today (wanted J&J because 1-dose but didn't think it was worth waiting out The Pause). So far, just sore arm and a slight headache.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:28 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,593,276 times
Covid cases soar as vaccine appointments remain unfilledwww.today.com › video › coronavirus-cases-continue-to-...
Video for covid vaccine appointments unfilled
2:18
The CDC says half of all adults in the U.S. have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and more ...
3 days ago

100s of thousands of appointments go unfilled. The demand has certainly diminished. we are at 50%ish with at least 1 shot. I think the overall total will be in 60% range. What say you.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:53 PM

10,220 posts, read 19,140,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
we are at 50%ish with at least 1 shot. I think the overall total will be in 60% range. What say you.
I think it'll pick up again after they release J&J and we'll get to 75-80%. A lot of people just don't want two shots, either because of the inconvenience or because they think they can't count on getting time off for that second shot exactly a month later (which isn't necessary; if you delay the second dose by a day or a week it makes little difference in the long run). A lot of the 20-25% will be people who already had COVID and are slightly distrustful of the vaccine, the rest will be people just distrustful.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
I think it'll pick up again after they release J&J and we'll get to 75-80%. A lot of people just don't want two shots, either because of the inconvenience or because they think they can't count on getting time off for that second shot exactly a month later (which isn't necessary; if you delay the second dose by a day or a week it makes little difference in the long run). A lot of the 20-25% will be people who already had COVID and are slightly distrustful of the vaccine, the rest will be people just distrustful.

J&J should be learning their fate today at some point. It's not a common side effect so they really didn't find anything like I knew would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Correct Danny. I had my first Moderna vaccine dose yesterday (which already provides 80% protection) and suffering bad side effects today. Chills, bad headache, body aches, etc.. They say 2nd dose is worse, I will be skipping that one. They have very little info on these vaccines as the news regarding J&J proves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
No 2nd dose for me....not going through that potential hell again. No "safe" vaccine or medication should ever make anyone feel that sick!

So how are you feeling? How long were you sick?

Are you still not getting the 2nd shot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey