Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 01:30 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
^^ what was the issue? We'll be in the same boat in a month or so.
They just weren't happy with what she presented even though it more than exceeded the points listed on the website. They finally caved when I made her start fighting them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 07:00 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Don't trust the NJ DMV website chart on ID point values. My wife went through hell today trying to switch her license even though she had a valid NY license, deed to our new house, birth certificate, marriage license, utility bill, passport, bank statement and numerous credit cards

Sounds like all she was missing was the proof of ss#.

SS card, w2 form.. something with her name and ss # on it.

Not that it matters. They are going to start giving licenses to undocumented immigrants on May 1st. I really doubt they'll have the 6 points but they'll get the license anyway.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:21 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Don't trust the NJ DMV website chart on ID point values. My wife went through hell today trying to switch her license even though she had a valid NY license, deed to our new house, birth certificate, marriage license, utility bill, passport, bank statement and numerous credit cards
Please elaborate lol or go into more detail.

Now im nervous. Also, depends on your DMV you choose from prior experience.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:23 PM

See above. This was the Edison DMV.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-21-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
See above. This was the Edison DMV.
god damnit. that's the DMV im using lol.

I think Il make an appnmt at the local Rahway one.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post

I think Il make an appnmt at the Rahway one.
Lol yeah change it!!

Old 04-22-2021, 02:38 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:

I think Il make an appnmt at the local Rahway one.

Want to give you a tip before you actually go to one place thinking you're going to do everything there. I just looked at Rahway and Edison, both only do drivers licenses. For your car stuff, you'll have to look on this list to see what town is closest. I guess it would be South Brunswick if Edison is closest to you.

That's why we had to drive to West Deptford for my daughters license issue. For my handicapped tag, Turnersville should be able to do it.

Want to leave the appointment page here in case I'll need it. There's no option for dropping off handicap placard paperwork so I'm just going to try my luck, maybe today. For everything else, it looks like you have to make an appointment.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
For my handicapped tag, Turnersville should be able to do it.

Want to leave the appointment page here in case I'll need it. There's no option for dropping off handicap placard paperwork so I'm just going to try my luck, maybe today. For everything else, it looks like you have to make an appointment.

So, I went to Turnersville yesterday, there was a guard at the door, asked if I have an appointment, then saw the handicapped tag paperwork in my hand, he told me to go on in. I expected them to just take it and mail me the hang tag, she said they were doing it yesterday and that I had too many forms with me, they only needed the 1st page, they didn't even need my doctors prescription. Live and learn. All that extra running around for nothing.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:08 AM

I know in MA, since counties arent a thing.. you can use ANY RMV (DMV) in the state.

In NC and FL.. you have to use the one in your county.

Is NJ Like this? Could I use one persay in like a different county?

Old 04-23-2021, 07:32 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Quote:
I know in MA, since counties arent a thing.. you can use ANY RMV (DMV) in the state.

In NC and FL.. you have to use the one in your county.

Is NJ Like this? Could I use one persay in like a different county?
You can go anywhere in NJ, but I think certain ones do driver licenses and such and others do registrations and such, since Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey