Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:28 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Who known that bridgeton was that bad. Salem city looked nice when I drove through it but someone mentioned its bad too. I had absolutely no idea those small rural towns could be dangerous.

Do you guys think it gets a bad rap because they have minority majority populations? I really don't want to move from newark to newark#2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJerzyKidUNO View Post
but coming from Teaneck, NJ which is REALLY a dive
Please tell me how Teaneck is a dive?

Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,850 times
hi.. im new to this but i had to pipe in considering that i live in bridgeton. for those curious,bridgeton id say is pretty ****ty. walking alone down the street, no matter what time, definetly isint advised i must say, ecspecially if ur on the sides streets off of pearl street, the main drag in bridgeton. the people here are dirtty, i believe our county, (cumberland county) has the highest preganancy rate in nj. high schools are a joke. I remember my high school having 3 bombthreats in one year. If you have children, private school is probably ur best bet unless u want your little girl makin out with other girls or ur son in some gang. gangs run deep around here, prolly since bridgeton is so multi cultural in a small city.and to the dude from brrooklyn, i been there too before, believe me man, stay where ur at. although coming to the bridge is no skip down wysteria lane, i must say, the outside city to us, MILLVILLE, is without a doubt much worse. If bridgeton is ****, than millville is the parasites that breed on a hott ass day.... stay the **** outta MUD-VILLE!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 AM

3 posts, read 6,730 times
You must be kidding me. I love that the opinions of people who haven't been to Bridgeton in 30 years would be considered relavent. For those not familiar with the area, Bridgeton City is bad, absolutely! But those of us with a Bridgeton zip code live in its' many surrounding townships in upper middle class neighborhoods. We are professionals living in $300,000 homes....NOT $20-60,000 as someone said. Are you talking about a half double in the city???? I don't even drive in the city...nothing there for me where I would need to go. I am in Upper Deerfield, and the surrounding areas of Hopewell, Deerfield, Stow Creek, Shiloh, Pittsgrove , Greenwich, Centerton are beautiful, safe areas without scum, high crime, poverty, slums, etc. There are farms/ horses, nurseries, and the water is 10 m inutes away. The Jersey Shore is also about 40 minutes. There are far more wealthier peole than me, so you can imagine the different properties you'll see on a drive thru the country.

It's just hysterical that you would put every home and person in one category while describing Bridgeton. And I noticed that most who lived here DID live in the city....so no wonder you left. Totally different than my area of the county. Whoever talked about the prison isn't taking into consideration that the guards there make $75,000 a year so they are living quite well. We have all the stores anyone else does, they have never closed at 2(ridiculous), and the mall and great stores are 15 minutes from me. The schools in the city are bad, but I've never had to deal with them. My son attends a high school that actually sits in a field, surrounded by a farm, a nursery, and a grainery....sound like a dirty city???

I will say again that the CITY has a terrible problem with the mexicans and blacks as far as crime and welfare, but please know that the Bridgeton AREA encompasses a much larger part of Cumberland County...so my advice is do NOT move to the city, but check out all the beautiful surrounding towns that we have to offer. The OP who came from Brooklyn...I can promise you that my area of the county is far more peaceful and relaxing than where you live now. Please come down and see for yourself!

Last edited by TheJerseyGirl; 05-14-2010 at 03:49 AM..

Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,883,925 times
^ that sounds about right. I'm from Vineland, so I don't head over to Bridgeton much, but ya, that sounds about right.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM

50,714 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I haven't spent a lot of time there, went to the zoo there last year. I think it's cool that they have a free zoo, although it is small and the landscaping, etc definitely shows that they have no money at all. But the lady working there was so nice, we pretty much had a private tour, she even let us in the Wallabee pen to pet them! Afterward we did walk into the city to find something to eat. The city itself is certainly crumbling and sad-looking, but we were never scared and did not feel like we were in any kind of danger. My only complaint is that we went to a chinese buffet that did NOT have wonton soup, what's up with that, lol?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,730 times
OC Girl!!! You should've came to Carll's Corner...we have a pretty good chinese buffet here and they DO have wonton soup! But I'd much rather eat the soup in OC then to come to Bridgeton.

I know, I know...our poor zoo...but that's what you get for free. We take our youngest son there quite a bit to feed the ducks and they seem to be the only thing worth seeing. Many cages are empty and there are rumors it will be closing. It will never be the Cape May Zoo for sure!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,549 times
I once stopped in the town to take a leak . and have a Hot Beer . The beer was sure Hotter then the Women I seen there .

Old 08-08-2018, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
Bridgeton is a **** HOLE I was born and raised there, in the 60’s and got the hell out in the early 90’s half the downtown buildings are gone as well with run down Neighborhoods what a mess.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 PM

1,012 posts, read 785,071 times
Holy old thread

I tell people to avoid Cumberland County at all costs, Its a poor county nothing here. Bridgeton is run down and filled with Illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey